+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 13 - 01/21/14 *SPOILERS*

Re: Season 15 Episode 13 - 01/21/14 *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Has this season seemed really boring to anyone else? I FF through the majority of the shows now just to get to the weigh in.

Everyone looked great. David was unrecognizable lol.
    Funny how the producers have incorporated many of the changes viewers wanted and yet folks are still not happy. Well, to be honest, I had been tuning in several seasons to watch the Heba Hate cause it was fun to "beyotch" about it online. And yes it has been a bit boring.

I think perhaps it would work better if they just let everyone stay on the ranch for a month but incorporate that into only two episodes and them unleash the Hound of Reality TV on the contestants.

PS: I get the impression Rachel is not that well liked on the show. Anyone else?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

My predictions for the triathlon:

Winner: Rachel
    Top Three finishers: Rachel, Jennifer and Chelsea
    Last Place: Bobby

PWS
    FORT Fogey

You don't think David will be in the top 3?
    Last I heard Bobby didn't know how to swim---he will be lucky if he doesn't drown if it is an ocean swim, forget winning. Rachel has a huge advantage as she used to swim competitively.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Last I heard Bobby didn't know how to swim---he will be lucky if he doesn't drown if it is an ocean swim, forget winning. Rachel has a huge advantage as she used to swim competitively.
    I don't think David will be in the top three based on the performance I saw when they went to the Olympic Training Center in Utah. Bobby came in last, Rachel came in second. Then Jay, then the three girls then David??? I think Jennifer and Chelsea were running together. Then it was Marie then David then Tanya and Bobby?

I will not be surprised if it is an all female finale or 2 females and David. I think it depends on the skill set required. Definitely running, are they swimming and are they cycling? I do think Rachel is the best athlete in the house just based on her previous performances. She is a strong runner and swimmer.

Are the contestants even training for the triathlon? during their workouts?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ah, you are right-- I was thinking of Jay! I think he has a good shot at the at home prize.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Well, they all had fabulous makeovers and look great. Their bodies look great, and some of these women having to stand next to Allie and still look good? Wow!

I feel for Marie's apprehension about having short hair, and expected something much different. When you love long hair, and it sounds like she wanted to grow it when she was thinner, it's hard to think of chopping it all. I was surprised they made her so blond, and on camera it looked a little yellow compared to her tan/orange face, then I actually thought it made her look older. She still looked beautiful, I'm not saying it was bad, at all, she just looked older and I don't even know how old she is! Chelsea, on the other hand looked much younger than she did before.

David looks very nice without the beard. They all really do look nice. It makes me tear up watching their families see them all for the first time - so touching.
    Loved the cut on Marie, but really didn't think the color was a good choice, and yes it did have a very yellowish appearance. Did they put extensions in Chelsea's hair? I was trying to figure that out. If so....why? Thought the bangs looked really good on her though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I don't think David will be in the top three based on the performance I saw when they went to the Olympic Training Center in Utah. Bobby came in last, Rachel came in second. Then Jay, then the three girls then David??? I think Jennifer and Chelsea were running together. Then it was Marie then David then Tanya and Bobby?

I will not be surprised if it is an all female finale or 2 females and David. I think it depends on the skill set required. Definitely running, are they swimming and are they cycling? I do think Rachel is the best athlete in the house just based on her previous performances. She is a strong runner and swimmer.

Are the contestants even training for the triathlon? during their workouts?
    Sorry that should be first. Well it could have been second as Jay indicated he "let" Rachel win because he didn't want the target on his back. mmmm ....

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Bearcata--I agree, Rachel doesn't seem well liked---I don't know if it is because she wins everything....and they see her as a single kid who doesn't really "need" the 5K$ in the way people with families do, or if she just isn't handling her winning well.... I think the same thing happened with Tara. I think it is also that they see she is likely to win the whole thing....

Bearcata--I agree, Rachel doesn't seem well liked---I don't know if it is because she wins everything....and they see her as a single kid who doesn't really "need" the 5K$ in the way people with families do, or if she just isn't handling her winning well.... I think the same thing happened with Tara. I think it is also that they see she is likely to win the whole thing....
    From the conversation Chelsea and Jay had during the Utah episode (where Jay was eliminated) it seems that Rachel is very focused on her workouts and the challenges more so then say the other contestants. Well she was a nationally ranked swimmer and you don't get to that level without focus and dedication. She may not be as social as the others and she is the youngest at 24. Still her focus and dedication has gotten her where she is. Are the others a bit jealous? Maybe, I do think that is totally understandable. Both Rachel and Jay had competitive backgrounds hers in swimming and his in riding and roping, he did compete in the professional rodeo circuit, and that is something you can draw on versus someone who didn't compete and never had the experience of training for athletic competition. It's never a level playing field in this show, but what sets apart the folks is their focus on their food and training. I have seen other contestants find their inner athlete and find a sport they love to do. Others not so much. I do think in the long run that focus helps them with the maintenance part of weight loss as that is the hardest part of the process. That's one reason why I worry Bobby will gain the weight back, you can tell he has been a couch potato all his life, he has a very sedentary job, he will have a hard time balancing everything when he gets back to real life. I do think Tanya, and Jennifer have the focus and drive to maintain and continue their changes. Marie still lacks confidence and belief in herself although she has improved remarkable from when she first started the show.
    GabbyG and Photobabe like this.

You're right about the competitive swimming. Usually in a Triathalon, swimming is the most common weak spot. Even though someone can swim, distance swimming, especially as a race, is a whole other thing. Someone with a competitive swimming background, especially in distance events, has an advantage. Unless, of course, the competition is used to Triathalon competition, which I don't think any of them are.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast