+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 8 - 12/03 *SPOILERS*

Re: Season 15 Episode 8 - 12/03 *SPOILERS*

I liked the trainer save, especially in the beginning when people really needed it and it gave them a second chance. Ruben just really seemed like his heart was out of it after he came back, it just seemed like he was merely going through the motions. I'm hoping he doesn't get a second second chance as I wasn't all that impressed with the shenanigans that brought him back the first time just so we could see David Foster.
    Wag more, bark less

I feel really bad for Ruben. I am not really sure why he wasn't losing the weight, but out of all the contestants, he was in the most need to do so. I am pretty sure they follow a very strict diet on the ranch - maybe there is something else going on preventing him from losing the weight. Maybe he just doesn't care enough to save himself yet. Regardless, I was sad to see him leave with so little progress.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I feel really bad for Ruben. I am not really sure why he wasn't losing the weight, but out of all the contestants, he was in the most need to do so. I am pretty sure they follow a very strict diet on the ranch - maybe there is something else going on preventing him from losing the weight. Maybe he just doesn't care enough to save himself yet. Regardless, I was sad to see him leave with so little progress.

The nutritionist gives then a diet but the contestants prepare the food themselves and they have access to the kitchens. Previous contestants have also said that they overate and did midnight runs to the frig. This makes sense as you need to learn to handle your food plan else no diet or exercise program in the world is going to work.

Previous contestants are responsible for themselves as far as doing all the cardio they are tasked to do in a day and what ever weight training programs they are given. They are also accountable for their food. That's why they wear the body bug type devices that monitor how many calories there are supposed to be burning a day. They contestants in previous seasons have also been shown inputting all their food in to a computer program as well as their activity. At home contestants are also in contact with the trainers, nutritionists and production assistants to help them with their at home workouts and food plans. The producers do want the contestants to be a successful as possible but in the end it is up to the individual and to how badly they want it and what they are willing to do to get it. Ruben never seemed to have the "desire to succeed" at this program as much as the others. I am sure he was paid a different scale than the regular contestants and his appearance on the show also helps promote his new album and it a great PR event to get him back into the public eye and to sell his brand (music).
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think Ruben wanted to lose some weight, but he certainly wasn't into it the way the others were...always very conscious of his public image...and I don't mean that in a bad way...but he's never tired enough to snap at people, etc., always keeps control and was nice. Did we ever see him vomit? I think the PR was also a plus for him coming on... and at the least he can now move more easily and be more comfortable. Knowing he's got to go to the finale might even keep him on track enough to lose a bit more, and not blow right back up.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bencalebrod View Post
    Reuben gets the deserved boot this week, and I say that because 1) he has consistently been the smallest loser each week and 2) he got a second chance he certainly did not deserve, and the producers possibly rigged it so he would come back.

On another note, I'm REALLY hating how long this season is. The trainer save was BY FAR the WORST twist ever on this show, as between that and Reuben's reinstatement, there is another whole 8 weeks until the finale. Plus, with the red line in play EVERY week, this is absolutely no game-play involved in this show anymore, so the show is now just an hour of workouts, sob-stories (no offense to the contestants), and seeing people weigh-in. I think I've just convinced myself to quit watching the show.
    Exactly why I'm enjoying the show more this season. Yes, there's less drama to write about, but there's also the pleasure of not hating anyone, and rooting for all basically good people to lose weight and get their lives back. I used to feel ill and slimy after watching some of those super gameplay seasons with the awful people.
    Bucky, GabbyG and lizardcat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I wonder what will happen next week.

"Bob, we found out you've been using caffeine supplements..."
    "Bob, we found out that you've been supplying your team with steroids and heroin..."
    JohnnyK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    "Bob, we found out that you've been supplying your team with steroids and heroin..."
    Ha ha now thats funny! Yeah im definitely curious why jillian was so upset in the previews maybe a contestant gets smart with her?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

"Dolvett, we found out that you haven't been supplying your team with caffeine supplements, thus giving Ruben an unfair disadvantage."
    Magnum likes this.

Boy, the Ruben thing really didn't pan out for them, did it? I'll bet it will be awhile before we see another non-athlete celeb on the show.

Regarding Ruben, I am sure the PR was a plus for him. He was approached by the show though, not the other way around. All the contestants get PR, it comes with being on a tv show.

I just wish he'd taken it a bit more seriously. Maybe at the finale we'll see him thinner than when he left the show.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast