+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 8 - 12/03 *SPOILERS*

Re: Season 15 Episode 8 - 12/03 *SPOILERS*

Ruben should be going home! He is not following something to have only lost 2lbs.
    There's no place like home!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I wonder what will happen next week.

"Bob, we found out you've been using caffeine supplements..."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I wonder what will happen next week.

"Bob, we found out you've been using caffeine supplements..."
    Seriously, I was waiting for someone on the Red Team to mention that.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Is Jay the only one at risk now on his team? Or can Marie or Tumi still leave.
    They spun a wheel with all the contestants names on it and Jay was the winner of the spin. He was sent home for a week with Jillian and his weight loss was the only loss that counted for his team. He was thrilled to be able to go home. Jillian was not happy about it...it appears to have worked out for them? I am watching from the west coast and we are only 15 minutes in. Bob has just offered his encouragement to the remaining team members...
    Last edited by Cootie; 12-03-2013 at 11:17 PM.

FORT Fogey

When Ruben came back I called this. And he won't be anywhere close to a goal weight at the finale either.

Since weight loss is 80 percent diet, that has to be the reason. I don't understand why the coaches are always mystified with low numbers. Change things, for cryin out loud.

I wonder what would happen if they did a week cutting out grains (tortillas and subway rolls!) and allowed full fat products keeping them within the calorie allottment. Fat plays a huge role in organ health and satisfying hunger. And rather than the last chance workout have a day of walking and using the pool.

The frenzied workouts seem to be working for Ray and the woman who has big numbers but not for anyone else. Could they be the only 2 who are following the diet? Nah. It would be hard to overeat too much with what the kitchen supplies. How much fat free cheese (ugh) can one consume? Fat free products are typically higher in carbs than their full fat counterpart, as well. They have to replace the fat with something.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    When Ruben came back I called this. And he won't be anywhere close to a goal weight at the finale either.

Since weight loss is 80 percent diet, that has to be the reason. I don't understand why the coaches are always mystified with low numbers. Change things, for cryin out loud.

I wonder what would happen if they did a week cutting out grains (tortillas and subway rolls!) and allowed full fat products keeping them within the calorie allottment. Fat plays a huge role in organ health and satisfying hunger. And rather than the last chance workout have a day of walking and using the pool.

The frenzied workouts seem to be working for Ray and the woman who has big numbers but not for anyone else. Could they be the only 2 who are following the diet? Nah. It would be hard to overeat too much with what the kitchen supplies. How much fat free cheese (ugh) can one consume? Fat free products are typically higher in carbs than their full fat counterpart, as well. They have to replace the fat with something.
    I would be surprised if he is under 300 for the finale.

I have a feeling Ruben has really screwed himself up with yoyo and craze dieting. He probably needs a really long time and very consistent behaviour changes to get results.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Regular

Reuben gets the deserved boot this week, and I say that because 1) he has consistently been the smallest loser each week and 2) he got a second chance he certainly did not deserve, and the producers possibly rigged it so he would come back.

On another note, I'm REALLY hating how long this season is. The trainer save was BY FAR the WORST twist ever on this show, as between that and Reuben's reinstatement, there is another whole 8 weeks until the finale. Plus, with the red line in play EVERY week, this is absolutely no game-play involved in this show anymore, so the show is now just an hour of workouts, sob-stories (no offense to the contestants), and seeing people weigh-in. I think I've just convinced myself to quit watching the show.

Quote Originally Posted by bencalebrod View Post
    Reuben gets the deserved boot this week, and I say that because 1) he has consistently been the smallest loser each week and 2) he got a second chance he certainly did not deserve, and the producers possibly rigged it so he would come back.

On another note, I'm REALLY hating how long this season is. The trainer save was BY FAR the WORST twist ever on this show, as between that and Reuben's reinstatement, there is another whole 8 weeks until the finale. Plus, with the red line in play EVERY week, this is absolutely no game-play involved in this show anymore, so the show is now just an hour of workouts, sob-stories (no offense to the contestants), and seeing people weigh-in. I think I've just convinced myself to quit watching the show.

Not exactly, there will be an episode on Dec 10th and Dec 17th and then the holiday break with the show starting back again on Jan 7, airing 5 more episodes with the finale on Feb 4th.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I liked the trainer save.

And I liked Ruben. I just hope he stays out for good now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast