+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 7 - 11/26 *SPOILERS*

Re: Season 15 Episode 7 - 11/26 *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    So when did Ruben get eliminated again?
    This article is in response to his first elimination as far as I can tell. It's just kinda weird ... Ruben was eliminated on the November 12 episode.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

He's still in it.

Ok, but the article talks about a 104 lb weight loss and he has not lost that much on the show yet. I was surprised that an article like that came out while still on the show.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    He's still in it.
    Yeap, and he then came back supposedly because of the caffeine supplements that Jill gave the white team.

FORT Fogey

I saw Ruben on ET or some show being interviewed on some red carpet a few weeks ago. He looked thinner but still has a long way to go.

Both he and Holly will need surgery to remove massive amounts of skin.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Tanya irritates me as she talks the talk but I just don't see her getting the results of the other folks who may not talk as well as she does on camera but seem to get it together with the food and exercise and get the job done. Same with Ruben, I figure a guy his size should be losing big numbers every week instead of so so. I don't think they are doing their food correctly.
    Tanya is irritating me too and I think we can count Dolvet in on this. All the hand wringing and furrowed brow is wearing thin. Metabolisms are different. If you have a low number and have been following the format and working hard just be glad you lost something and get off the damn scale.

I have to believe that their diet needs to be adjusted. Since losing weight is 80 percent about food intake it makes sense. Working out can cause water retention, too. I think that must be why after a couple of weeks of low numbers Dave (?) got a big number. His body adjusted to the workouts.

Injured contestants, in the past, haven't missed a beat on the scale even though they could only workout in the pool. That says a lot. One woman lost more than others on her team.

I personally think the contestants don't stick to the diet. When you are exercising this much you do have a tendency to think you can eat what you want and still lose weight. I remember when Danny Cahill asked one of the winners who came back to visit how he won and was told "stick to the diet".

It is more about diet than it is exercise. You have to follow the eating plan. It takes burning 3750 calories to lose a single pound. I am always battling so I have been reading that the best way is to up exercise by 500 calories a day and decrease food by 500. That way you'd lose a pound a week without significant feelings of deprivation.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    It is more about diet than it is exercise. You have to follow the eating plan. It takes burning 3750 calories to lose a single pound. I am always battling so I have been reading that the best way is to up exercise by 500 calories a day and decrease food by 500. That way you'd lose a pound a week without significant feelings of deprivation.
    Isn't the standard 3500 calories = 1 pound?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    'Biggest Loser' recap: Holley Mangold feels thankful, not cheated - latimes.com

The reporter mentions that Holley lost more than 90lbs on the BL ranch. Well, Holley started at 351 and left at 288 and that is 63 lbs not 90 lbs. If Holley has currently lost more than 90 lbs she should be at 261 which is 27 lbs less than her elimination weight in.

Luv the part where Holley says she was afraid to lose weight because she had been rewarded for being big, for being strong and that she was afraid it would ruin her potential winning an Olympic medal.

Well the episode that airs December 4, 2013 says that Holley is now 260 lbs which is a loss of 91 lbs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast