+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 5 - 11/12 *SPOILERS*

Re: Season 15 Episode 5 - 11/12 *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Really, they are punishing Jillian for breaking the rules. Who are you kidding? The viewers are not stupid, I think a lot of us suspect all kinds of things go on behind the scenes. If this is the producers thinking they can show they are above board please we all know they are smoking crack (Tim Gunn reference).
    As mentioned Caffeine is an appetite reducer (i.e. Dexatrim) and a diauretic. It's not unlike a Monster drink, which has about 5 cups of coffee's worth of caffeine (well, save no extra sugar).

Worse, it over stimulates the heart, which is why some folks get the jitters. Given a lot of these folk are morbidly obese, that is a potential to cause heart murmurs or worse.

They're also filmed a good portion of the day, and I'm sure have watchers when in their rooms.

The fact too she doesn't deny she did it says enough. Not happy with that or her opinion she knows better than a doctor - yes, she looks great, but that doesn't mean she knows everything.

OK, that aside after 5 weeks of shows only three people have gone home, Fernanda, Reuben and Craig and Reuben is coming back. With 13 contestants still at the ranch for 5 weeks and only about 7 episodes left you know there are going to be several double eliminations.

I do like the shorter format of the show, but I would like to see less of Tanya on my screen.

Liked that they showed a food/nutrition challenge.

Liked they told us it has actually been 2 weeks since the last weigh in.
    I can see the double elimination, but understand that in Ruben's case, it was only fair for him to return, as we don't know if he'd been safe without the cheat. I know a lot of folks say it's not fair he's returning (or think controversial given his "American Idol" fame), but honestly it's fairest to have the previous eliminated contestant return.
    NCLurker likes this.

Kinda curious to see if Ruben lost, gained or just maintained his weight in the two weeks he was home.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Wendy just did the red carpet for the Soul Train awards that will air Dec 1. It showed a clip of her interviewing Ruben. He was very heavy. So looks like he didn't make it very far.

I would not be surprised to see him retun next week only to be voted off again.

I just saw a picture of Ruben at the Soul Train awards - he looked a lot thinner to me, especially in the face. Supposedly...

Click to see Spoiler:
    he's lost 104 pounds since starting TBL. I don't know how far he made it on the show.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Missed the show last night & catching up here. So, are we supposed to believe that this ONE time is the first & only time Jillian's given her team supplements? Because, otherwise, all of the weigh-ins over all of the seasons could be called into question! That could be a nightmare for the show, the producers, etc! I hate to think how many previous contestants might now be chomping at the bit to start lawsuits because they feel they got cheated years ago.
    Last edited by zookeepertx; 11-13-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Oh, and I meant to ask if Jillian appeared to be caught off guard by the revelation! Or did she know what was gonna happen?

I think she knew it was coming. She did not look happy to begin with. It does make a person wonder if this is how she always win at the finale.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Regular

This show is HORRIBLE this season. The 1 hour format isn't doing justice to the program, as they only have time to either show the twist OR a challenge, and not both. Plus there is no game-play to the show anymore thanks to the red line, and on top of all that, only 2 people were eliminated in the first 5 weeks thanks to that trainer save twist, which is BY FAR the stupidest twist the show has ever had, as the trainers will OBVIOUSLY use it to save the first person eliminated for their team. Oh, and that rubbish with the caffeine supplements was obviously a ploy to get Reuben back on the ranch, as the contestants, as conformed by several interviews, have been given caffeine pills in the past, so it's stupid that they made such a big deal over Jillian using different ones without the "proper approval". At this rate, this show is going to get shelved by the end of next year.
    NFL1, captain and CrazyDutchWoman like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Oh, and that rubbish with the caffeine supplements was obviously a ploy to get Reuben back on the ranch
    I agree. It just seems so fairytale-like.

This show is HORRIBLE this season. The 1 hour format isn't doing justice to the program, as they only have time to either show the twist OR a challenge, and not both. Plus there is no game-play to the show anymore thanks to the red line, and on top of all that, only 2 people were eliminated in the first 5 weeks thanks to that trainer save twist, which is BY FAR the stupidest twist the show has ever had, as the trainers will OBVIOUSLY use it to save the first person eliminated for their team.
    90 minutes, like others have stated, would be an ideal length.

The rest of the post I disagree with.

I like the Save, and I don't mind that only two people are gone in the first five weeks. For suspense purposes, the Red line is a good change.
    NFL1 likes this.

I like that they are tweaking the show. If things don't work this season they can always change it for next season. What I like best is no long speeches during the weight in. As far as I am concerned as long as it is not a zero or a weight gain it is all good.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast