+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 3 - 10/29 *SPOILERS*

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Season 15 Episode 3 - 10/29 *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Did they show Fernando where is she now during the beginning of the show?
    Yes, she is now just under 200, feeling much more sexy, and aiming for 130. She started at 250.
    Cootie likes this.

Tonya's story was genuinely moving. I felt a little uncomfortable with Dolvett's quick-fix psychotherapy for such a deep-rooted issue, but hopefully they are doing more for her behind the scenes.

I like that he used his save. I hope Bob does, too, first chance. The trainers are always complaining about the silly twists the producers throw in; this is their chance to push back.

I have a feeling Ruben will go soon. He doesn't seem to have the fire he needs. Also, he must have had tremendous resources at his disposal after "Idol"--people who actually had a stake in his losing weight--and that didn't work long-term. I'm not sure BL will, either. I like him as a personality so hope that his progress picks up.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree re Ruben...for a guy of his size he is certainly not losing quickly. If they keep up the red line thing he'll be gone next time Dolvett's team loses at this rate. Maybe he's tried to lose so often in the past his body is really resisting... He's so jovial and what the hey about it though it doesn't seem as if he is as committed as the others... or maybe as a public personality he doesn't want to sob or puke on national TV, while the others don't care. Or maybe it is just hard for him to move and he has little muscle tone, and he will suddenly start to pick up speed. We'll see....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Yes, she is now just under 200, feeling much more sexy, and aiming for 130. She started at 250.
    ‘Biggest Loser’ elminated contestant Fernanda Abarca is down 70 pounds - National weight loss | Examiner.com

Although viewers will have to wait until next Tuesday’s “Biggest Loser” to see how eliminated player Fernanda Abarca has done at home, we just up and asked her Wednesday afternoon and got the scoop.

“I’m going strong,” the 32-year-old California cake artist and animator said in a conference call. “They filmed about three weeks ago so I was at 55 pounds lost, I am now at 70. So the weight loss is going phenomenal and really, really excited and watching the show again just continues to motivate me to keep going and working harder.”

Though she was only on the “Biggest Loser” ranch a brief time, she said she gained enough tools to keep the weight loss going and to keep it off.

“I’ve just been given the opportunity to take what I’ve learned, and with the healthy eating, the healthy habits and just learning how to apply that to my life and learning how to schedule in my workouts without it being inconvenient for me and what’s a realistic for me is something that I’m going to be able” to keep the weight off, she said. “That’s going to help me achieve a greater success path to the finale.

Other highlights from talking with Fernanda:

On having Jillian as her trainer: “I’ve been a huge fan of hers for a really long time and I am somebody who works in really good under pressure,” she said. “And I knew that she was going to push me to my limits and push me beyond my comfort zone, which is what I needed to be able to make this change.”

On her visit with the show’s physician, Dr. Huizenga: “He advised me that I had high cholesterol and that I believe my body fat percentage was like 55 percent,” she said. “But, you know, everything was reversible and it wasn’t such horrible news as I had expected. So it’s definitely something that I can fix with a healthy diet and just exercise.”

Favorite workout: “Believe it or not it has been running,” she said. “I couldn’t run 2 minutes when I started the show. I was dying and now, you know, every morning I’m running 7 miles and it is wonderful, and I am really proud of myself to be able to accomplish that. And it is something that I never thought I would actually say is that I love running.”
    Nice to know she is down to 180.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

That's great! 40 lbs. to go to her goal.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    That's great! 40 lbs. to go to her goal.

pssssssssssssssssst .... your finger slipped and you hit the 4 instead of the 5.
    PWS likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

pssssssssssssssssst .... your finger slipped and you hit the 4 instead of the 5.
    What a charitable assessment--much better than that I can't do the math!

For some reason I cannot get into the show this season. I guess I did like getting to know the contestants better, We do not seem to see much work out, talking among themselves, or game play.
    There's no place like home!

Not everyone is a runner or likes doing it outside. At least on a treadmill you can set speed, incline etc and have a really good idea of the distance, that and the treadmill platform is a lot kinder to your knees, ankles, and hips than concrete sidewalks and asphalt roads.
    Actually, there are a lot of great apps out there now that tell you your exact distance, pace, incline and all that good stuff. I use Map My Run. I used to not really enjoy running, but then I started working out again after the dreaded menopause hit and the weight gain started, and my trainer happens to run marathons. First it was the treadmill. I got so bored, OMG. Then I ran a little bit outside. Had my music, my app and myself. Turns out that is so much better than the treadmill! I have discovered all kinds of great places to run, I am outside breathing in fresh air instead of gym air (sweaty dudes!) and there is no fear of falling off a treadmill or getting a little distracted and losing one's balance. Now I run half marathons and while by the end I am pretty much done lol, it's been the best experience I've had in a long time. If you have the correct shoes, you will be just fine running on roads (which are actually better to run on than sidewalks).

Everyone is certainly different, and I am sure that there are some people that still prefer treadmills, but man once I started running outside, I can't stand running on treadmills unless I have to due to bad weather or not enough time.

Running is the best exercise for getting lean btw
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    For some reason I cannot get into the show this season. I guess I did like getting to know the contestants better, We do not seem to see much work out, talking among themselves, or game play.
    That's what I LIKE...NO game play, because there's nothing they can do but work hard and try to lose the weight! We are getting to see the stories some now...whenever we do I figure that's someone who's in danger tonight or else someone they know will be in the final 3 or 4.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast