David: 371 (-38)

Wow.

D's team is safe.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Season 15 Episode 1 - 10/15 *SPOILERS*

Tumi: 305 (-14)
    Fernanda: 238 (-12)
    Marie: 240 (-9)

uh oh. Is she gone? Is she gone? If they lose she must be gone.

Jay weighs in with his cowboy hat.

Jay: 274 (-23)

If he took that hat off maybe another two pounds could come off.

Craig: 372 (-13)

His team loses.

He falls below the red line...

Jillian saves him!

You know what, I'm happy. First episode. Give everybody a chance.
    Jexter likes this.

West Coast impression - I'm a little behind you guys, but I am loving the start of BL 15! Dolvet's statement that his people are on his team because he believes in them made me reflect on what an effective way that is to coach people into success. What a great way to lead! This season looks great so far, 35 minutes into the first episode. I don't have a favorite yet and no one seems annoying.

So with the red team's huge losses this week, does that spell doom for the red team next week? Has anyone ever lost even close to 38 pounds like David did in one week?

Yeah I think the record loss for one week is 41. And that happened in the first week too.

The second week is usually the "cursed" week where nobody loses big numbers. Some may even gain. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Bob and D used their saves the first chance they get, too.
    Cootie likes this.

David's quiet demeanor just really impressed me. I'm glad he was rewarded with such a huge number, but I worry about next week when their numbers fall back to "normal." His story was really touching, and I'm definitely rooting for him. Hope he sticks around long enough to reach make overs.

Loved that Jill saved Craig. It gets the elephant off her back right away, and from now on the team knows they are on their own with no fall back magic save from their trainer to rely on if they don't work hard. It keeps her team at full numbers for another week, too, and hopefully next week he will pull a bigger number as a result of the lower number this week. I think if I were a trainer, I'd use it right up front as well. I'd hate to have that hanging over me each week.

I'm glad the show is back. Not looking forward to Dr. Creepy next week though.
    mandmmom2 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Curious division of teams, Jill only has 2 men. Craig is likey to pull a big number next week and help her team stay above the bottom but it looks iffy for those guys.

Ruben will look much better at the finale but no where near a goal weight; he is huge and will need massive surgery to remove excess skin. I agree with Jill, get rid of your back hair!

The woman who has a crush on Dolvet is going to look fabulous at the finale. She is adorable. It was jarring to learn her baby was born obese and developed diabetes. wow

This show got off to a good start. I like the 'trainer save' addition and appreciate the 1 hour format. I bet Bob and Dovet will use the save at their first opportunity, too. I would love to see the red line every weigh in, I hate the voting segment. It is boring and predictable. The yellow line does encourage good behavior and creates some drama, as if we needed more. The back stories are plenty.

Now bring on the temptation challenges with a huge benefit to encourage participation and I will be happy. Hopefully they won't have time to go out to lunch at Subway.

I agree....I think it should always be the red line. No yellow line for voting. It should always be the person with lowest percentage lost that goes home. Not only that but if only a red line then no time for stupid petty childish backstabbing behavior. They are there to get healthy, not to worry about being someone's target. They have enough to worry about as it is.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast