+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Season 14 - episode 10 - 03/04/13

Re: Season 14 - episode 10 - 03/04/13

I just don't think Jeff and Jackson will reach their goal weights for the finale. At 5'11" Jeff should weight in at around 170 - 180 and he is now 276lbs. The contestants have finished the 3 month run on the ranch and will now have 3 months at home can they keep up the intensity needed to lose 90lbs in 3 months?

Jackson at 5'6" and 235 would need to lose around 75 lbs to hit 160.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I just don't think Jeff and Jackson will reach their goal weights for the finale. At 5'11" Jeff should weight in at around 170 - 180 and he is now 276lbs. The contestants have finished the 3 month run on the ranch and will now have 3 months at home can they keep up the intensity needed to lose 90lbs in 3 months?

Jackson at 5'6" and 235 would need to lose around 75 lbs to hit 160.
    I agree that they are not going to reach their goal. If they did a low carb diet they might be able to get closer because weight loss goes faster. They will probably be able to join a gym and spend a lot of time there. I haven't heard them talking about going back to a job. Still, it is a long shot.

Gina and Danni will.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I agree that they are not going to reach their goal. If they did a low carb diet they might be able to get closer because weight loss goes faster. They will probably be able to join a gym and spend a lot of time there. I haven't heard them talking about going back to a job. Still, it is a long shot.

Gina and Danni will.
    If you really think about it it is a really close race between Gina, Danni and Joe,

ex:

Gina at 5'1" is 163 -40 = 123

Danni at 5'6" is 174 - 40 = 134

Joe at 6'2" is 244 - 40 = 200

For them reaching that 40 lb weight loss is so doable in a 3 month time frame although the closer you get to goal weight the harder it is to lose the pounds.

Jeff and Jackson just have too much too lose to get to their goals. Since both are still rather heavier I can see them each losing about 60 lbs each.

Jeff at 5'11" is 276 - 60 = 216

Jackson at 5'6" is 235 - 60 = 175

I wish them all the best and am looking forward to the finale and seeing how everyone did. I do hope they show the first lady (Nikki??) that quit even if it is only in the audience.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

How are you figuring goal weights, Bearcata? Something someone said on the show (that I missed), or are you setting a goal that might win?

A loss of 50% of their starting weight, which winners have either reached, come close to, or once in a while even surpassed would have

Gina needing to reach 122.5 (needs to lose 40.5 more to get there)
    Danni needing to reach 129 (needs to lose 45 more to get there)
    Joe needing to reach 182 (needs to lose 62 more to get there)
    Jeff needing to reach 194 (needs to lose 82 more to get there)
    Jackson needing to reach 164 (needs to lose 71 more to get there)

I agree Jeff and Jackson are unlikely winners. The only thing working for them is that they will still be overweight even at a 50% loss---so in that sense it is "easier". Joe will be just above the "normal" BMI range for his height. Danni will be well in to "normal" and Gina somewhat.
    Side point--Danni and Jackson are the same height, I just realized.

Looking at the numbers Gina should win it, IF she doesn't get voted out or all below the red line. Danni might be able to pull it off as she is so athletic. But, you never know what happens at home. Strategy wise... if Gina goes out and into the at home people she also has a good chance at that.
    Last edited by PWS; 03-06-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    How are you figuring goal weights, Bearcata? Something someone said on the show (that I missed), or are you setting a goal that might win?

A loss of 50% of their starting weight, which winners have either reached, come close to, or once in a while even surpassed would have

Gina needing to reach 122.5 (needs to lose 40.5 more to get there)
    Danni needing to reach 129 (needs to lose 45 more to get there)
    Joe needing to reach 182 (needs to lose 62 more to get there)
    Jeff needing to reach 194 (needs to lose 82 more to get there)
    Jackson needing to reach 164 (needs to lose 71 more to get there)

I agree Jeff and Jackson are unlikely winners. The only thing working for them is that they will still be overweight even at a 50% loss---so in that sense it is "easier". Joe will be just above the "normal" BMI range for his height. Danni will be well in to "normal" and Gina somewhat.
    Side point--Danni and Jackson are the same height, I just realized.

Looking at the numbers Gina should win it, IF she doesn't get voted out or all below the red line. Danni might be able to pull it off as she is so athletic. But, you never know what happens at home. Strategy wise... if Gina goes out and into the at home people she also has a good chance at that.
    I am just speculating in my head. A Biggest Loser season normally runs 6 to 7 months. The longest time the contestants are on the ranch is normally 12 weeks. (the contestants were home for two weeks and yet on the show they are counting it as week 10 not week 11) That means they are at home for 3 months before the finale. There is always the adjustment to being home and without trainers, the facilities and the motivation of other contestants. I am just thinking what realistically these folks can do in that period of time. Some have to go back to work and raise their families and that really impacts their progress. I will be very surprised to see any one hit the 50% weight loss mark.

I'm calling Gina wins it. I don't know how she's losing at the rate she is, but I see her being the most focused of the group. She reminds me of John Rhode from a couple of seasons back--not terribly likeable, but a game player and insanely focused.
    Shoepie and Photobabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    If you really think about it it is a really close race between Gina, Danni and Joe,

ex:

Gina at 5'1" is 163 -40 = 123

Danni at 5'6" is 174 - 40 = 134

Joe at 6'2" is 244 - 40 = 200

For them reaching that 40 lb weight loss is so doable in a 3 month time frame although the closer you get to goal weight the harder it is to lose the pounds.

Jeff and Jackson just have too much too lose to get to their goals. Since both are still rather heavier I can see them each losing about 60 lbs each.

Jeff at 5'11" is 276 - 60 = 216

Jackson at 5'6" is 235 - 60 = 175

I wish them all the best and am looking forward to the finale and seeing how everyone did. I do hope they show the first lady (Nikki??) that quit even if it is only in the audience.
    Based on those numbers, I think Joe is the dark horse here. Former athlete, motivated, competitive and hard-working, he has an excellent chance of losing that 40 lbs (and even more, if he wants). The ladies have been stealing the spotlight with their drama, and I believe they're going to show up looking amazing at the finale, but if I was going to put down money I think I'd bet on Joe.

As for quitters, I could care less if I ever see any of 'em again.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, but if Gina or Danni lose around 40 Joe's got to lose 60 or so to win....

I'd love to see Danni take the prize. She's just a great girl, and seems focused and motivated. Gina is a pill but she sure manages to drop the weight every week!! I don't care for her, but I guess she's still better than Conda (shudder). I like Joe, and I really admired his twin for losing as much as he did at home. That is a great way to motivate others to get started on their own.

I agree about Jackson and Jeff. They still have a long way to go. I could *not* believe all the food Jeff's friends had ordered at the restaurant. Yowza.

And what a brat Gina's daughter was. She said eating the mexican plate filled with cheese and refried beans wasn't worth it and her daughter pipes up "it is to me!" - way to be supportive there, kiddo. I know they try to make sure the eating out with the family segments show the contestants in a potentially disastrous situation so we can see them being strong and not caving in, but it is kind of ridiculous to think that the person's closest support system would blatantly order such unhealthy food while out, even when their loved one is struggling to avoid it. I can understand Jeff's friends because as the one said, they are all young guys and obviously weren't dealing with weight issues that I could see, but close family? Bizarre.

I wish Bob would shave that beard.

Danni for the win!!

Thank you for the Bob shave your beard comment. I cannot believe he thinks it looks good on him.
    sweetpea likes this.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast