+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Season 14 - episode 9 - 02/25/13

Re: Season 14 - episode 9 - 02/25/13

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Mine would be seeing Dolvett without clothes on, or at least shirtless LOL LOL, yes I know that is sexist.
    Yeah, that's my biggest fear too.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I'll go to go back and look at my spreadsheet...must have a formula wrong.

I would also like to know how Gina is pulling big numbers every week. Is she not eating any carbs? Is she going way under her calorie goal daily? Or does she have a great metabolism!?!?
    I have not heard her talking about being a fat child. I think she mentioned that she gained weight after her wedding. So she probably has a metabolism that was awakend or it maybe just easier to lose weight if you have not had the issue all of your life.

I know carbs play a huge roll in losing weight quickly so I would not be surprised to learn she is doing this. I have no clue what the BL diet is. We saw Jackson preparing what looked like spaghetti squash after having decided on pasta for dinner. I could be wrong on that. I know their diet is not low carb; they take them to Subway. I am not even going to get into that ridiculous subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post

I know carbs play a huge roll in losing weight quickly so I would not be surprised to learn she is doing this. I have no clue what the BL diet is. We saw Jackson preparing what looked like spaghetti squash after having decided on pasta for dinner. I could be wrong on that. I know their diet is not low carb; they take them to Subway. I am not even going to get into that ridiculous subject.
    I know I apparently lost my tolerance for carbs after age 40. Eating moderate amounts of "good" carbs on WW, I've lost about half a pound a month. If I drop to 20 g of carbs/day, I can drop a pound a day. However, a very low-carb lifestyle is very hard to follow IMHO--I couldn't do it. So if that's what Gina is doing, she better be ready for the aftermath.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I know I apparently lost my tolerance for carbs after age 40. Eating moderate amounts of "good" carbs on WW, I've lost about half a pound a month. If I drop to 20 g of carbs/day, I can drop a pound a day. However, a very low-carb lifestyle is very hard to follow IMHO--I couldn't do it. So if that's what Gina is doing, she better be ready for the aftermath.
    I have found the same thing. I have to eliminate bread entirely. As for other carbs I eat sweet potatoes, rice and quinoa when I crave a starch but not often. There is something to be said for a gluten free diet. I did this last year for 3 months and peeled off 20 pounds quickly and felt fantastic with more energy and slept like a baby.

For years I thought this was a fad and paid no attention until I heard Mark Cuban say that the Mavericks are on a gluten free diet during the season or maybe always, that I don't know. I bought The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson. Great book! It is not a weight loss book it is a healthy eating plan. He does have a chapter on how to use this way of life for weigh loss.

Gina may have entered this competition knowing a lot about diet as most overweight people do. She could easily be eating gluten free too. And I bet she eats no salt the day before weigh in, as well.

I don't know what you mean by aftermath. I had none and after I lost weight I definately had days where a cheeseburger sucked me in. 80/20 adhereance is the way to go. It is very easy for me. I definately treat myself. This diet is nothing like Atkins.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    The sneaked-in vegetables thing is my personal bugaboo. Biingo's mom admits that she never expected him to eat veggies as a child; that's where his "hatred" lies. Hiding them is just reinforcing to him that they're awful. With his genetics, Biingo will not be able to maintain his weight loss as an adult unless he either learns to like some veggies or realizes sometimes his preferences have to give way to health needs.

I've always had a nagging feeling that the families of Sunny and Biingo in particular are going to be the biggest obstacle once the trainers and cameras go away. They seem fine with having their child part of this project but not themselves invested in the health of the whole family.
    Did anyone else notice the beverages they had at dinner? They all had what looked like glasses of fruit punch or some sort of artificially colored juice. I would think if you're trying to be healthy you might want to have everyone stick with milk or water? It just surprised me - working so hard on getting veggies in, but forgetting about the empty juice calories.

I also have no tolerance for carbs but am finding it hard to go without. Which is why I'm not loosing weight. I'm considering glutten free but haven't made up my mind yet. Sigh.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Didn't notice the drinks - could be vitamin water or protein smoothies?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I also have no tolerance for carbs but am finding it hard to go without. Which is why I'm not loosing weight. I'm considering glutten free but haven't made up my mind yet. Sigh.
    I am doing gluten free now. Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson. It is a VERY doable low carb way of eating. The book is not a diet book; it is a life style. I feel better than I have ever. Seriously. No aches and pains, energy and we can eat fruit, quinoa, sweet potatoes, so there are some stick to the ribs alternatives. Pancakes make with coconut flour. I highly reccoment this book. If you are trying to lose weight he has a chapter on that. Keeping the allowed carbs to a minimum of 30 to 150. Clearly with a lot of weight to lose you want to be closer to 30. 80/20 adhearance is all you need for success. Wheat is the biggest do not eat! Ever! Dairy is very limited, as well. A little cream in your coffee or a touch of parmesean cheese for a boost on stuff.

And oddly he says walk 30 minutes a day minimun and do an occasional sprint. He is not into pushing it at the gym. This is why I am in love with him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by happytxmom View Post
    Did anyone else notice the beverages they had at dinner? They all had what looked like glasses of fruit punch or some sort of artificially colored juice. I would think if you're trying to be healthy you might want to have everyone stick with milk or water? It just surprised me - working so hard on getting veggies in, but forgetting about the empty juice calories.
    As I said in my post above, if the guests are having these drinks it is in the plan to overload the table to make a point. If a BL is drinking them it is probably diet something. That isn't good either but I think their crazyass diet allows fake sugar.

Season 14 - episode 9 - 02/25/13

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    As I said in my post above, if the guests are having these drinks it is in the plan to overload the table to make a point. If a BL is drinking them it is probably diet something. That isn't good either but I think their crazyass diet allows fake sugar.
    And I don't know about Dolvett, but Bob & Jillian are very much anti-chemicals, including artificial sweeteners. Bob is vegan, for heaven's sake.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast