+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Season 14 - episode 9 - 02/25/13

To the Point

Re: Season 14 - episode 9 - 02/25/13

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Really, what is Jill and Dolvet's deal? I really don't think Jackson's primary reason for volunteering to go home was to save anyone. He made it clear, repeatedly, that he felt he could manage his weight on his own and wanted to prove to himself that he could. Even if Jackson goes home this week, he's proved he can do this on his own and so has Jeff.

And now they're all praising Alex's eight pound weight loss, which they should, but why couldn't they praise Jeff and Jackson for doing a good job on their own as well? I think it's terrific that they managed to pull double digit losses with no help with anything and not even access to much of anything for gym equipment, which in the real world, they'd have access to if they just joined gyms, which they likely would.
    I actually thought that Dolvett was trying to divert Jillian and get her off of Jackson. I got the feeling that Dolvett totally understood what was going on with Jackson's choice and realized that it truly was all about Jackson trying to do what was best for Jackson. Jillian was really annoying me, of course that has been the case more often than not this season.
    lizardcat likes this.

Ok....so....I just plugged in all the numbers and unless my numbers are wrong (which I've checked twice) Gina is not the biggest loser over all as Ali said last night. Can someone let me know if my numbers are wrong? I may be seeing things.

Alex 195/187/8/4.1%/22.08% Total
    Gina 180/173/7/3.89%/27.76% Total
    Jeff 308/295/13/4.22%/22.42% Total
    Danni 194/184/10/5.15%/26.36% Total
    Jackson 261/250/11/4.21%/23.78% Total
    Joe 273/261/12/4.4%/28.3% Total
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I didn't predict Alex going home, but she can obviously do it on her own. I guess she's trying to replicate the ranch if she's working out four hours a day, though I truly can't see how someone can fit that into real life. She does look gorgeous!

I really, really want to know how Gina is hitting those numbers every week. But not even a hint of what the contestants are eating.... It's clearly not primarily her activity, as even she admits she often doesn't go all-out.

How could there be that many different kinds of vegetables in a meatloaf without Bingo noticing them? For that matter, isn't it kind of a pain to pump that many different kinds of vegetables into a meatloaf? Wouldn't it be easier, in terms of cooking and shopping, to put in a couple of different kinds, and then the next time, try another set? I agree it's important to have vegetables at a meal, but is it really necessary to have five different kinds at the same meal?
    The sneaked-in vegetables thing is my personal bugaboo. Biingo's mom admits that she never expected him to eat veggies as a child; that's where his "hatred" lies. Hiding them is just reinforcing to him that they're awful. With his genetics, Biingo will not be able to maintain his weight loss as an adult unless he either learns to like some veggies or realizes sometimes his preferences have to give way to health needs.

I've always had a nagging feeling that the families of Sunny and Biingo in particular are going to be the biggest obstacle once the trainers and cameras go away. They seem fine with having their child part of this project but not themselves invested in the health of the whole family.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Ok....so....I just plugged in all the numbers and unless my numbers are wrong (which I've checked twice) Gina is not the biggest loser over all as Ali said last night. Can someone let me know if my numbers are wrong? I may be seeing things.

Alex 195/187/8/4.1%/22.08% Total
    Gina 180/173/7/3.89%/27.76% Total
    Jeff 308/295/13/4.22%/22.42% Total
    Danni 194/184/10/5.15%/26.36% Total
    Jackson 261/250/11/4.21%/23.78% Total
    Joe 273/261/12/4.4%/28.3% Total
    I have no idea...does it have anything to do with the "1lb advantage" Joe won in the challange maybe?

Gina 47 5' 1" 46.3 245 32.7 173 72 -29.4%
    Joe 43 6' 2" 46.7 364 33.5 261 103 -28.3%
    Danni 26 5' 6" 41.6 258 29.7 184 74 -28.7%
    Jeff 24 5' 11" 54.1 388 41.1 295 93 -24%
    Jackson 21 5' 6" 52.9 328 40.4 250 78 -23.8%

Got these from the BL Challenge America Wiki.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'll go to go back and look at my spreadsheet...must have a formula wrong.

I would also like to know how Gina is pulling big numbers every week. Is she not eating any carbs? Is she going way under her calorie goal daily? Or does she have a great metabolism!?!?
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Season 14 - episode 9 - 02/25/13

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I'll go to go back and look at my spreadsheet...must have a formula wrong.

I would also like to know how Gina is pulling big numbers every week. Is she not eating any carbs? Is she going way under her calorie goal daily? Or does she have a great metabolism!?!?
    Heh...It can't be metabolism or she wouldn't have a weight problem in the first place. I really think she's going under her daily calories and that is a contributing factor in her emotional state.

I'm always glad when they haul out the compression garments and shirts for the weigh-ins. It's unnecessary humiliation to go bare. I felt for poor Francelina last week. So nice to see her (and Alex) looking so fit, though.
    GabbyG and mandmmom2 like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Here's the thing about the "face your biggest fear" challenge: the challenges the kids are facing seem much more important. It's hard to stay healthy if you don't eat vegetables at all. Facing the possibility of diabetes is scary and it's important you do so if you're pre-diabetic. Talking to a parent about their health is hard at any age, under any circumstances, and I thought it was incredibly mature of Sunny to handle that so well. But in comparison...is it really a big deal if somebody never gets over a fear of sharks? Unless you have to work around sharks, how often does a person even realistically come in contact with a shark?

I understand that if you've always wanted to sing in public, then, sure, take the chance. But unless you're dead, you're not going to spend any time in a coffin anyway. And most people don't need to go swimming with the sharks ever.

Oh, yeah, and "The Star Spangled Banner"? That's a mess for professional singers to get through. How about "America" for her first time singing in public if she feels like she needs to sing a patriotic song?
    If I were to go on a reality show and asked 'what is your biggest fear?' I would answer puppies. Just to be on the safe side.
    GabbyG, JulieAnn and mandmmom2 like this.

Mine would be seeing Dolvett without clothes on, or at least shirtless LOL LOL, yes I know that is sexist.
    AJane, Shoepie, GabbyG and 3 others like this.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast