+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Season 14 - episode 9 - 02/25/13

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Season 14 - episode 9 - 02/25/13

Whee, makeover week coming up next week! They will also go home and reveal the "new you" to families.

FORT Fogey

And Alex goes home after only the first two votes. I like her closing speech about going home proud of herself anyway.

I also keep meaning to mention that Jackson is looking younger, or rather, more his own age now.

They're going home..well, now maybe what Jackson and Jeff chose to do is a real advantage, because they know exactly what to do to stay on track and they know they can do it.

FORT Fogey

Alex is working out four hours a day? How does she manage to fit that into a working day? I have trouble working two hours of PT into a day without getting exhausted on top of everything else I do in the course of a day.
    CupidGuest likes this.

FORT Fogey

Tim Gunn is doing their make-overs? Lucky ducks!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Alex weights 170 and looks SMOKIN'! Fantastic red dress. She's now the same size as her mom whom she used to envy.She hopes to hit 140 and take the LSAT by the end. Hopefully she won't try to do both at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Which I think is so much nicer. Even women who aren't overweight might not be keen on being seen on national television in sports bras and bike shorts, which aren't the most flattering articles of clothing unless you're really svelte.
    That is my only problem with the show. Why do the girls have to weigh in wearing only shorts and sports bras and the boys shirtless? Really? It would be the one thing that would stop me from doing the show. (like I would ever have the chance )
    captain likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

I was off watching the Fashion Police Oscar Special and now I'm back.

Jackson - his face is looking so good now.

Gina - happy, I am not sure how to take that. But she too is looking younger and less wrinkly, who knew happy could do that to that face. Her figure also looked good at the weight in. You can see curves and not just round.

I do hate it at this point that they don't take their shirts off because I don't think it was necessary for the majority of them.

Alex looked fabulous at 170 and can't wait to see her 140. Glad that she is happy.

I am glad to see Gina get immunity otherwise she would have been going home. It is unbelievable the incredible weight losses this crew had this week. Congrats to them all.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Just to let folks know this is a relatively short season and the season finale is March 18, 2013. The Voice will be premiere in this time slot the following week.

To be honest I appreciate the short season.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 02-25-2013 at 11:07 PM.
    MomAt40Pls likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Just to let folks know this is a relatively short season and the season finale is March 18, 2013. The Voice will be premiere in this time slot the following week.

To be honest I appreciate the short season.
    AMEN! I remember the past few have been back to back, with maybe a week or two in between and they were loooooooong. I remember having 3 episodes on DVR and wondering if I really wanted to start watching another season- it seemed more like a chore than a pleasure and the couples/teams was gettin really old. This time around there was plenty of time since the last one ended and it's a shorter season with nicer contestants so I've really looked forward to watching it.

ETA: I also wanted to mention that it was nice to see a sparkle in Alex's eye and a smile on her face in her follow-up. She seemed spunky and driven and I never saw one bit of that while she was on the ranch- I don't even think I ever saw her smile. Her real personality seems to have shone through once she got home.
    CupidGuest likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Really, what is Jill and Dolvet's deal? I really don't think Jackson's primary reason for volunteering to go home was to save anyone. He made it clear, repeatedly, that he felt he could manage his weight on his own and wanted to prove to himself that he could. Even if Jackson goes home this week, he's proved he can do this on his own and so has Jeff.

And now they're all praising Alex's eight pound weight loss, which they should, but why couldn't they praise Jeff and Jackson for doing a good job on their own as well? I think it's terrific that they managed to pull double digit losses with no help with anything and not even access to much of anything for gym equipment, which in the real world, they'd have access to if they just joined gyms, which they likely would.
    That would mean the trainers are really not needed in the real world.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast