+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Season 14 - episode 8 - 02/18/13

Re: Season 14 - episode 8 - 02/18/13

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Ok...there has been something I've wanted to remark on but was afraid of being "egged" by everyone. I'm not trying to be mean by this but why does Franc have so much "???" around her neck? It's not a double chin...
    Definitely noticed it, too. It could be a thyroid issue--hopefully she'll have it checked if it doesn't disappear with more weight loss.

I find Gina toxic all around. The walk-outs were inexcusable. She's like a little kid who wants to pick up her ball and go home...over and over again. I'm so sick of Bob running after her and was glad when Jillian called her out at the weigh-in.

What I like about Joe--and pretty much all the other athletes on this show--is that he trains hard and plays competitively, but at the end of the day, it's not personal. Gina's not stupid; she should know this by now and be able to give it right back to him.

The whole clock countdown was ridiculous. No way did they make it in time. The last "minute," in particular, should have taken about 5 minutes. I wonder if they stopped the clock when Gina fell, just so they could have the drama of the win. (Not that it helped in the end!)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Ok...there has been something I've wanted to remark on but was afraid of being "egged" by everyone. I'm not trying to be mean by this but why does Franc have so much "???" around her neck? It's not a double chin...
    I was wondering that as well---I think it might be at least partly excess skin from losing that 100 lbs. BEFORE she started TBL. It is sort of piled up at the bottom of her neck. In the follow up episode it seemed to be much less obvious.
    I don't know how much less the kids weigh, but they are clearly in better shape than they were before!
    Re the "look" of the contestants this time... everyone is visibly thinner....starting to get indentations above where their waists would be (except maybe Jackson, but by next week I think he will also), and Danni even has a waist.

Not to be picky, but did anyone else think Lindsey's chin ups were odd? I've never seen anyone "hop" up and down while holding the bar and have it be called a chin up. I think they all look better and are in better shape, but the chin-ups were strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Not to be picky, but did anyone else think Lindsey's chin ups were odd? I've never seen anyone "hop" up and down while holding the bar and have it be called a chin up. I think they all look better and are in better shape, but the chin-ups were strange.
    They were not chin-ups, nor pull-ups. There may be 13-year-old girls who can do pull-ups but I have never seen one. My own 13-year-old daughter weighs less than 100 lbs, is an athlete, and couldn't do a pull-up to save her life. I think they were just trying to follow a standardized phys ed test, but there's no shame in not being able to do a pull-up. It is far more difficult for women (not impossible - just more difficult).

Below the Bar - NYTimes.com

Just a comment about the former athletes doing so well on BL, past and present. I think it goes to show that the current push towards addressing childhood obesity is the right thing to do. If you can give kids a foundation in health/fitness/sports, it's something they can draw on later in life.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Pull up and chin ups are very hard, especially for women. I do them by assissted ones. Still not the easiest.

Sunny writes a blog for Seveteen magazine (I think that's it) every week. She is basically writing about her experience each week on the BL and getting healthy. She mentioned last week that she has lost a lot of weight and inches overall.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I noticed that too in when the kids did their initial workouts but figured that at this point any activity is better than nothing.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I like how in Sunny's blog she mentions that she thought her family were vegetarians but that there were really carbotarians. They did a big switch going from white rice to quinoa
    mandmmom2 likes this.

For the first time, I thought the kids looked pretty good. They're really a nice group--I hope they continue to be successful.

I watched the episode again just because I was interrupted and wanted to see what I had missed. Seeing it again I do think Gina uses anything as an excuse, or she calculated that entire explosion and got Dolvett to train only her for that session. I have also noticed and Gina has commented on it herself that she does not put in her full effort on any challenges, when she was playing as a team member and now that she is on her own. It was so obvious that she was not helping in the sand digging challenge that I almost questioned her "injury". Also after watching that particular challenge the clock was weird or staged, although I don't know why they would bother to do so, because I can't see 7 fat people climbing the ladder up to the pier, haul up a 30 foot pole and then race down the pier, and install the pole into an upright position, especially with slow poke Gina as part of the pack in 2 minutes. It just looked so fishy and to what purpose?

Did anyone else find it kinda weird during Francelina's "Where Are They Now" Clip that at the very end it was written that she was going to move to Chicago to be with Jeff and train for the finale. Is that a spoiler?? Or are all the contestants going to be home for a while before the finale?? It just didn't make too much sense in the current context of the series.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast