+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 2/11/13 BL 14 Episode 7

2/11/13 BL 14 Episode 7

Tonight's Biggest Loser episode is titled "Tough Love" with a Valentine's Day theme. Post here and consider yourself spoiled if you read this thread! And thanks from those of us on the west coast who love reading about the action before we see it! Keep the conversation here until the show ends on the west coast.

Re: 2/11/13 BL 14 Episode 7

Singles! They are getting their new "my team" shirts. Weigh in as individuals with a yellow line. No more red, white or blue team. Interesting.

Oh man, so much chocolate! The temptations begin.

Only three of them participate in the temptation, Jeff, Francelina and Alex. Francelina wins a two pound advantage and gives the runner up Alex the same two pound advantage.

Gina fakes them out that she is participates, but simply drinks water.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I like the yellow t-shirt for the red headed kid---Jackson?---definitely goes surprisingly well with his coloring--makes him look good.

I was amazed that none of them knew Gina was a diabetic and couldn't eat that stuff without risking a coma. Good for her for faking them out. Yes, she looks like a manipulative game player, but I'm kind rooting for her to stay and keep losing. She looks a lot better when her hair is not in that braid thing... I guess it keeps her hair out of her eyes when she's sweating, but when she and her husband went on their date she looked a lot better. I love the way she's really losing, but I suspect that endangers her if she's ever below the yellow line. She reminds me of that other older woman who won a few years back....
    The 'how is she doing now" segment -- she looked really good---does she really need to lose more? I didn't keep the name/numbers straight, but she certainly looked fine as she was.
    Wonder how Francie feels about Alex now, when she shared her 2 lb. advantage with her and Alex voted for F to leave when she fell below the yellow line. Since F didn't leave I foresee some tense conversations.
    I still haven't mastered most people's names....the black man with the little son who got voted out....why do people think he left? Just that Francie had more friends...more former teammates...? His baby is adorable and clearly loves daddy. He's really getting his whole family in the weight loss thing---which is good. If his wife isn't on board, and she could afford to lose some weight as well, so you can guess that the family eating habits weren't great before this, he'll gain it back--hoping she can get into it as well.

Re the teenagers.... that Bollywood dancing is excellent excercise. I did that for a summer when I was in college (not the movified version but the original "classical dance" as it was called in Pakistan) and got into the best shape of my life. You know how people sometimes get their rear ends "lifted" through surgery now? That kind of dancing does it for you naturally. I hope she's going to sign up for a beginner's class and continue with it. Being dropped into an ongoing class is maybe not the best approach even if it is better TV>
    Last edited by PWS; 02-11-2013 at 11:37 PM.
    Shoepie likes this.

Jillian to Jeff - "repeating destructive patterns expecting different outcomes"... so true.
    Last edited by Cootie; 02-11-2013 at 11:50 PM.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

FORT Fogey

I flew through this episode with FF. I suspect we will see some girl on girl tension with Alex and Francie. Stupid move, Alex. Now no one has your back! She insured herself going if below the yellow line. I have a hunch everyone thought her vote odd.

I like the progress reports, whatshername looked fabulous. She will be a knock out at the finale if she keeps going like this! I have a hunch that Michael will still be quite large at the end. He has too much more to lose to get down to goal weight.

I hope Jillian has made note that Jackie responded well to a softer approach. She is the shining star, this season in spite of Jill not because of her.

The blue and red team now has the same amount of members left. Yes, I know they are individuals now but we all know they will vote based off original team colors. I was surprised Michael was voted off since more blue team members left. Maybe they'll end up playing boys v girls. There are four girls left and three men left. Intersting. I was getting ready to suggest they voted based off boys v girls but that wouldn't explain Alex voting for F.

I think it was smart for Danni to get along with Gina. Gina is the biggest female threat and can keep Danni from being voted out. But I thought it was funny how a few of the other contestants mentioned Gina doesn't have a good attitude. I would gues that Jeff was the most disliked. I know I don't like him.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Here are the updated numbers. This week Joe pulled ahead to be in 1st, Gina in 2nd, Francelina in 3rd, and Danni dropped to 4th.

Alex 204/198/6/2.94%/17.5% Total
    Gina 193/184/9/4.66%/23.27% Total
    Jeff 323/312/11/3.41%/18.04% Total
    Michael 363/353/10/2.75%/18.69% Total
    Danni 207/201/6/2.9%/19.77% Total
    Francelina 217/213/4/1.84%/20.22% Total
    Jackson 279/266/13/4.66%/18.9% Total
    Joe 291/279/12/4.12%/23.35% Total
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I don't like Gina OR Jeff. I was very glad Michael called Jeff out at the elimination. Maybe Jeff could consider that doing what's best for himself also means keeping his word (not that I'd ever agree to not vote someone off--but since he did....). Jeff is the worst kind of contestant, IMHO--those who take the "do something for yourself" message and use it to plow right over everyone else.

Is it me or is this group the biggest bunch of whiners in awhile? (Conda excepted, of course.) The only part I find kind of funny is the backtalk to the trainers, because I've always wondered how the trainers would react if someone told them "no." Well, now we know. They drop their jaw and walk away. What else can they do?
    CrazyDutchWoman and mandmmom2 like this.

FORT Fogey

They should be voting out their biggest threat now. I am sure we will hear a lot of who needs to be here, who will do better at home, blah...blah...blah

Vote out those who consistantly show the biggest number on the scale, for cryin out loud. It does no good to stick with your team if it won't help you win.

I would like to see the voting be annonamous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast