+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 2/11/13 BL 14 Episode 7

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 2/11/13 BL 14 Episode 7

Gina's a lawyer and a very successful one apparently, so she probably is smarter, or at least better educated, than most of the others....we rarely get people with high powered jobs on this show, and not only because they are somewhat less likely to need to lose weight (there is, afterall, a social class aspect to overweight), but few are willing/able to take time off from their careers. The same reason why we have so many bartenders and pharmaceutical reps on Survivor. And on top of that most of the current contestants are 20 years younger than her. So my point is, she may not be fitting in well with the others. She seems to get along fine with Danni, so it isn't as if she can't get along with anyone. I'd like more details about how she's "poisonous" before I get down on someone who is obviously working hard and doing something right. And lizardcat, I'd also sure like to know what she's eating!
    On the other hand when she gets into one of her weepy modes I want to shake her! But I do wonder if she is being edited in a negative way for some reason.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Slight thread hijack, but take a look at the forum for Current Events "light"....the story about the Heart Attack Grille restaurant and the long time customer who died of a heart attack in front of it.
    Speaking of foods that would NOT be served on the ranch! The next season should recruit its "stars" from the patrons there!
    wannasee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Gina's a lawyer and a very successful one apparently, so she probably is smarter, or at least better educated, than most of the others....we rarely get people with high powered jobs on this show, and not only because they are somewhat less likely to need to lose weight (there is, afterall, a social class aspect to overweight), but few are willing/able to take time off from their careers. The same reason why we have so many bartenders and pharmaceutical reps on Survivor. And on top of that most of the current contestants are 20 years younger than her. So my point is, she may not be fitting in well with the others. She seems to get along fine with Danni, so it isn't as if she can't get along with anyone. I'd like more details about how she's "poisonous" before I get down on someone who is obviously working hard and doing something right. And lizardcat, I'd also sure like to know what she's eating!
    On the other hand when she gets into one of her weepy modes I want to shake her! But I do wonder if she is being edited in a negative way for some reason.
    Heh...there was a contestant a few years back who was also a lawyer, and she was insufferable. I remember everyone absolutely hated her. Cannot recall her name, though.

I am also surprised at Gina's numbers. Pounds-wise, she is not "that" heavy - she must be less than five feet tall (?). If she's restricting her calorie intake more than she should, it might partially explain the weepiness. I don't really understand it. Maybe it has something to do with body-fat percentages...perhaps hers is higher than some of the others.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Heh...there was a contestant a few years back who was also a lawyer, and she was insufferable. I remember everyone absolutely hated her. Cannot recall her name, though.
    Was that Heba?
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I would especially like to know what Gina's eating, since her height, age, and gender should all be conspiring against her.
    Absolutely, I too would luv to see what she was eating and what her exercise schedule is. She is getting amazing results for a female her age.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I am also surprised at Gina's numbers. Pounds-wise, she is not "that" heavy - she must be less than five feet tall (?). If she's restricting her calorie intake more than she should, it might partially explain the weepiness. I don't really understand it. Maybe it has something to do with body-fat percentages...perhaps hers is higher than some of the others.
    She is 5'1".

She is 5'1".

Umm, she started at 245lbs. For someone who is 5'1" and on average should weight in around 105lbs that is heavy. Gina started out at 140lbs overweight, I don't understand how you think that is not heavy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, i think people are comparing her to the folks who need to lose a couple hundred lbs., but you are right, for her to get down to an average weight for that height she'd have to lose well over 50% of her starting weight, which may be why she hasn't plateaued yet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Was looking at the Wikipedia site for TBL. According to them Gina had the worst BMI of any of the women (not nearly as bad as some of the men though) at the start. She's now dropped 11.5 BMI points, more than any one else still there, and while she still has the worst BMI of any of the women still there it is only by less than 1 BMI point, not several as before. She's also the only one to be TBL of the week twice.
    I'm also looking at a BMI calculator...to be "normal" she could be as much as 130 it says...50% loss would be 122.5 for her. They consider 105 to be getting close to underweight if you are 5'1".

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    She is 5'1".

Umm, she started at 245lbs. For someone who is 5'1" and on average should weight in around 105lbs that is heavy. Gina started out at 140lbs overweight, I don't understand how you think that is not heavy.
    No, no, I mean her weight now (184, if I recall the post correctly). She looks quite heavy to me. 184 is still overweight, but Danni is going to look pretty good at that weight, as a comparison. That's why I thought she must be very small in stature.

captain, it wasn't Heba. I want to say this woman's name is Diane but I'm not sure that's correct. She was quite a schemer and she was an early boot, though she did well with her weight loss at home.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast