+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Season 14 - episode 6 - 02/04/13

Re: Season 14 - episode 6 - 02/04/13

I wandered off during the kid segment...definitely not enough there to hold my attention. Which is good, I guess, since the alternative is lots of drama, which wouldn't be healthy for them.

I'd like to root for Gina, since she's my age, but her attitude stinks, IMHO.

I normally watch the On Demand version the day after, its so much shorter. I too was not as engaged with the kids this episode, it does look as if Sunny is thinner in the face. I do think the activities the trainers/producers are making the kids do are pushing them outside of their comfort zones and making them active so that is good.

I really like the Follow Up they did this episode with Pam. I think she mention she is down 80 lbs, again because she is carrying so much in her middle it is hard to see. Still she is one happy person so something is working for her.

Not that impressed with the Laila Ali session. I am sorta negative against her after I saw her being so girly girly on Stars Earn Stripes. She exudes so much confidence that it really threw me to see her be so wishy washy in that reality TV series.

While I liked the challenge and it was fun to see Gina flying all over the place I think some of the team members have gotten a bit complacent with knowing they have their team members to help support them. Even Jeff had a relatively sympathetic bit, but it is his comments at the end of the challenge that get me. Paraphrasing " well it's nice that Danni won (again) but losing the weight is more important". It's very dismissive of others efforts. I don't see him winning challenges so it looks as if he minimizes others accomplishments. While we also saw for the first time 3 Blue Team members sorta strategizing in one of the bedrooms I think the dynamic of the season will change when they all go to singles. Let the Hunger Games begin.
    Cootie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Ah, Pam has lost 65lbs. She is 5'6", started the show at 237, left at 209, had lost 55lbs or 182 at the Where Are They Now clip in episode 4 and now on the Follow Up clip on episode 6 she is not 65lbs lighter or 172.

To the Point

Is this the first season they have done the repeated follow-ups? I don't remember them doing this in the past. I like this.
    wannasee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Is this the first season they have done the repeated follow-ups? I don't remember them doing this in the past. I like this.
    Yup...this is new. Even though I really like seeing the updates, I have to admit I really love the WOW moments at the finale when you haven't seen these people for months so I don't think I like this format as much.

I also like the WOW at the end. But I also like the updates.
    PWS likes this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I blew through this past epi. Not much for me to contribute!

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Yup...this is new. Even though I really like seeing the updates, I have to admit I really love the WOW moments at the finale when you haven't seen these people for months so I don't think I like this format as much.
    I am really liking these updates, it's nice to see how the at contestants are doing and really it was only 10 more pounds for Pam so not so much. I can't wait to see her at the finale to see if she has lost more. From where her weight seems to sit; her stomach, 30 to 40 lbs at this point will make a huge impact.

Sorry to see David go, but wow, he looked like he was doing really well at home! Bearcata, I still like Layla Ali a lot but laughed when you made that comment because you are right. In fact, she was more girlie on Stars Earn Stripes than Dancing with the Stars IMO! ;-)

The kid segments, I have to agree that I am not so into them but glad they are doing them for possibly teens/kids watching. And I think there is a fine line between encouraging kids to get healthy and chaining them to a scale and social beliefs on what weight looks good, so maybe that's why they push the activity and not the spcific progress. Hopefully, there are some status updates on that, by family or medical personnel.

I enjoy the updates but agree, it could lessen the effect at final weigh-in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12