+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Biggest Loser 2 hr show 1/7/13

Re: Biggest Loser 2 hr show 1/7/13

I was thinking the same thing about Biingo's junk food. Then I thought, what if he has an allowance and sneaks to the convenience store at the corner?
    Maybe his parents don't know.

The only time we have candy in the house is right after Halloween and my sons are lean as can be!

Reallyyyy looking forward to next weeks epi!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think Lindsey (Red Team teen) will be successful as it seems her mom and sister are a normal weight and want her to succeed and the entire family is helping with the food prep.

Sunny (White Team teen) has a wonderful personality but after seeing her family will her mom be willing to support her healthy food habits.

I don't remember seeing Bingo's parents but why are they bringing in junk food into the house. Do they think he will keep to a food plan if they at least don't also follow it themselves??

When I was watching a similar weight loss show for kids graduating from high school and wanting to lose weight before they started college family support or lack of it is very important to the level of the kid's success.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about Biingo's junk food. Then I thought, what if he has an allowance and sneaks to the convenience store at the corner?
    Maybe his parents don't know.

The only time we have candy in the house is right after Halloween and my sons are lean as can be!

Reallyyyy looking forward to next weeks epi!
    You mean he might be walking or riding his bike to the store?

The closest 7/11 to me is about a mile and a half would Bingo really walk or bike that far. I wonder if he is getting it from school vending machines. Most likely the parents are bringing it in and they are expecting the kid not to eat. I can see how well that works.

Oh, growing up Halloween was a big thing for us kids. Believe me no matter how well my mom hid the goodies we found them.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

There was a store about 1 1/2 miles from me growing up and we biked there quite often.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

That's what I was thinking. I used to bike, walk, and even skate as a kid to our corner store. Now though while my own kids can't do the same (nearest store too far) my nephews and niece have a store literally around the corner from where they live. You might be right about the vending machines! Maybe we'll see as the episodes continue. I am so proud of those kids for going on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    You mean he might be walking or riding his bike to the store?

The closest 7/11 to me is about a mile and a half would Bingo really walk or bike that far. I wonder if he is getting it from school vending machines. Most likely the parents are bringing it in and they are expecting the kid not to eat. I can see how well that works.

Oh, growing up Halloween was a big thing for us kids. Believe me no matter how well my mom hid the goodies we found them.

I was so glad to see I can watch the new season on Hulu, not sure why I never checked before. All the comments on Bingo hiding the junk under his bed reminded me (very sadly) of the little boy in Monster's Ball. Can't remember how he was getting the candy and such to the house either, though.

I wrote the show years ago, asking them to consider leaving everyone in place for 4-5 weeks/episodes. If people can't hack it and want to leave, let them leave but give everyone else at least a little while to really learn to workout, eat better...Then reorganize the teams if anyone has left. Especially with what they know of Week 2 sabotaging someone every time (and they admit the person worked out, kept within their diet, but still lost no weight) it really hurts to see someone have to go. I don't exactly fault Nikki for realizing once there that this was not the method for her but am sad that it contibuted to another team member being below the red line. And this episode, so sad for Nate and Jeff.

FORT Fogey

This show should be like Fat March. On that show, as long as the contestants could walk the same number of miles that everyone else did, they got to keep on competing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345