+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 1/6 Premiere Discussion

Re: 1/6 Premiere Discussion

Well. First of all, what beautiful children. I am not one to get emotional but they moved me to tears. They are really a delight, all three of them. I think that their journey will be the most compelling to watch this season.

A quitter the first week. Pathetic. Don't care if that sounds harsh. I hate it when people take up space that a more committed person would have made the most of. And Jillian didn't convince anyone to go home, she told her to pick the door or pick the gym - that girl was weak, plain and simple. Looks like she plans to make the most of her brief reality career. Good luck with that.

I know we'll probably go back and forth about Jillian's methods all season, and it's different strokes for different folks and all that, but I find her incredibly motivating. I would kill to have a trainer - free of charge, yet - that cared enough to kick my ass like she does. To me, it makes sense she is gentle with the kids - who after all, don't buy the food for their households and don't enrol themselves in soccer or hockey or dancing - and harsh with the adults, who take themselves through the drive-thru and make a conscious choice to spend their free time on their rear ends eating potato chips. Anyway, it's not like Bob & Dolvett are handing out foot rubs and cuddles - we've seen them yell and berate as well. Maybe people are more put off when it's a woman.

The poster who said keep the red line - excellent suggestion. One major aspect of this show that I have always hated is the voting-off - it shouldn't be like Survivor, alliances shouldn't factor in. Least amount of weight lost on losing team goes home - fair and indisputable.
    dagwood, mesachick and wannasee like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I love the red line idea. Then we wouldn't have the "water loading" issues we have seen in past seasons. Work your butt off or go home.
    Shoepie and mesachick like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Awww I'm so happy for Nate and his fiancee Mattie!! Good luck!

So I responded to a post, but it got deleted or something so now my response makes no sense lol. Editing just to remove my comment to a post that went poof.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by cub412 View Post
    Am I the only one that felt Jillian really "interfered" with the game by convincing Nikki to go home? If she hadn't gone, TC would still be there and that team would still have 2 big guys to go with the 2 girls.

Good for TC for doing well at home, but I really felt he got shafted by Jillian's interference.
    Jillian didn't convince Nikki to do anything. She gave her a choice, work out, or get out. Nikkie chose to leave all on her own. To me it was pretty clear she was going to be gone soon anyway. Every time they showed her in the background she was barely moving and you could see she clearly did not want to be at the ranch just by the lackluster look on her face. Nikki is the one that robbed TC out of a longer stay.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I'll also say, I'm currently doing WW, and I'm shocked at how positive the staffers are--every loss, no matter how small, is celebrated; every gain is put into perspective and gets some words of encouragement for next week. They treat me much better than I treat myself when I'm trying to lose weight! It's a consistently high-rated program, so after 50 years, they must be doing something right.

I guess it's personal preference, but I wouldn't put up with the Jillian approach for five minutes.
    I think that's the problem this season--Jillian has a team whose learning methods don't match her teaching methods at all. In the past, she's been fortunate enough to be matched with people who do want the approach she takes; in fact, in the past, there have been situations where at least some of the contestants have gotten to choose whom they wanted to work with, based on how they did on the first test or whatever. I would never choose Jillian, because whatever the results she's gotten with other people, I know we'd mix about as well as oil and water. I don't need to be praised constantly, but I don't respond well to the shouting marine sergeant approach at all. Tell me, "Hey, you need to do this for the next ten minutes and here's why," and I'm fine. I've been told in PT that I have a high tolerance for pain as well. But I have a really low tolerance for being screamed at--by anyone about anything.

It really is about what works for each individual, just as it is with regard to learning anything. Just because one teacher's approach works with one student, or has worked with many students in the past, doesn't mean it will work with every student. Doesn't make the teacher or the student wrong. It just means they aren't a good match for each other.
    mesachick likes this.

I must say that I have been burned out and was not planning to watch this season. But not having a September 2012 season was a big plus for me and that teens would be involved also was a big enough plus and that fact I was told the show would only be 1 hour long sparked enough enthusiasm that I said yes to the show. That is until I finally watched the premiere episode. What the heck happened to Jillian? She has become "The Uber Beyotch". That entire first workout was uncomfortable to watch. For the first time ever did the contestants have my sympathy. Was it obvious to everyone that no one wanted to be on Jillian's team? It was simply painful to watch and I think this show has "jumped the shark", "hit rock bottom" I just can't see myself wasting time to watch anymore even for the weight ins. Bye, it was fun while it lasted.
    captain likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I've always liked Jillian in the past and agreed with her style and cheered her on but so far this season I can't stand her. She grates on my nerves. I don't know why. It could be that I've changed or it could be that she has changed. Not sure. But I don't like watching her.

Maybe I'm spoiled by Dolvette....harsh and gentle...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I don't mind Jillian's training style. It's definitely a psychological ploy and I think she's been very consistent with it throughout the years. She yells and screams to "break them down" only to build them back up. If someone puts up a wall, then it doesn't matter if they lose the weight, whatever caused them to become that size will resurface and they will gain it back. By getting them so mad, unhappy, etc., she gets them to confide in her. I've seen so many times where a contestant gets pushed too far, the breaking point, and Jillian is finally able to get to the root of that person's problems.

I believe this might be one of the reasons that many of her former contestants have kept off the weight. If they understand the emotions and fears that took them to the point where they had gained that much weight, they can recognize the triggers before they put all the weight back on. JMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567