+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 1/6 Premiere Discussion

Re: 1/6 Premiere Discussion

I found it by going to the Biggest Loser page and it was through that. She was on some Howie Mandell show also for a trip to Hawaii. Just seems like 2 many reality tv shows.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Newbie

There is a Justin & Nikki Davis FB page. It appears they were on the show Mobbed and he proposed or they got married, maybe? They don't say anything on this page about TBL, but a fan or two did post a comment about TBL.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Yeah, feel sorry for Nikki, BUT she took someone's place that was ready to be there. She knew she had problems and never should have gone on the show.
    They all have issues that they need to be working on besides just the weight. Jillian was not a help, she was a hindrance. There were any number of ways to speak to those contestants and push those contestants without being so incredibly nasty about it. I think Jillian came back meaner than ever. I do not find her to be motivating. These people know it's going to be hard, but they obviously haven't been working out and they are going to hit the wall way before an average person (I'm not talking about an average person who works out, I mean an average couch potato). I have participated in martial arts where a 5 - 6 hour testing wasn't unusal and people would be yelling at us not to quit, not to give up and they were not being nice about it, however, I do not find her approach the least bit motivating. All I would want to do is get away from her. There is encouraging verbal interaction and then there is just anger and nastiness. Jillian was just nasty.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    BTW, all the trainers were so much nicer and more positive with the kids. I don't know why they assume at least some adults might not respond to that approach as well. Some people do work harder when they're confronted constantly, but others will just shut down. As I've said before, I'm not one who responds to being yelled at well, but then I'm also good at self-motivation, so I get resentful quickly if someone just automatically assumes that if I weren't being yelled at that I wouldn't work hard.
    I don't respond to being yelled at either. Sometimes I can motivate myself and sometimes I can't, but yelling just makes things worse. Also, I haven't paid close enough attention to see if Bob or Dolvett let contestants hold on to the treadmill. Jillian is angry and controlling... she could be a narcissist.

I'll also say, I'm currently doing WW, and I'm shocked at how positive the staffers are--every loss, no matter how small, is celebrated; every gain is put into perspective and gets some words of encouragement for next week. They treat me much better than I treat myself when I'm trying to lose weight! It's a consistently high-rated program, so after 50 years, they must be doing something right.

I guess it's personal preference, but I wouldn't put up with the Jillian approach for five minutes.

To the Point

I know that they are all tough on them at times, but I just think that Jillian's seems to have sooo much anger behind it and I do think that, while they do need to work them hard that 1st week or 10 days or whatever that initial time period is, they also need to consider that this is going to be totally shocking in an "OMG, what have I gotten myself into" kind of way, and will take a bit of adjusting. I don't want soft, I just don't want hateful and in this first episode that is what I saw.

I actually love Jillian and how she attains her results. She is different with different people. If you ever watched her other show where she went in to a family's home for a week and helped to change their habits, she was not the same Jillian as she is on the show. The other thing to remember is that you can't argue with her results. The people she gets on TBL get amazing results and manage to keep it off after the show. I took this stat part from another site but... Jillian was a trainer for 10 seasons of the Biggest Loser (seasons 1-2, 4-11). Of those 10 seasons, she trained 8 of the Biggest Loser winners. That number jumps to 9 if you count Alli Vincent in season 5, but I'm not including that in the total since Alli worked with both Bob and Jillian and spent so much time off of the ranch. That means Bob only won for 1 of the 10 seasons on which Jillian was on the show (namely, Michael on season 9).

So yeah, like her or not, she definitely knows what she is doing. I don't mind being "yelled at", all it does it pushes me to work out even harder. Nothing is personal, all she wants is for her contestants to get better. JMHO.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I wish they'd have the red line for the first half of the season. I think it would keep the alliances in check and maybe keep us from the possibility of the horrible final of last season.

I liked everyone on first glance, and really liked that everyone has about the same amount to lose (ball park).
    CupidGuest likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I wish they'd have the red line for the first half of the season. I think it would keep the alliances in check and maybe keep us from the possibility of the horrible final of last season.

I liked everyone on first glance, and really liked that everyone has about the same amount to lose (ball park).
    I couldn't remember anything about last season so I went and looked it up. Once I saw the names of the brother/sister duo in the finale I now realize why I must've blocked it out. {{{{shudder}}}

FORT Newbie

Am I the only one that felt Jillian really "interfered" with the game by convincing Nikki to go home? If she hadn't gone, TC would still be there and that team would still have 2 big guys to go with the 2 girls.

Good for TC for doing well at home, but I really felt he got shafted by Jillian's interference.
    NCLurker likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast