+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Season 14 - Will Be a Mid Season Replacement Show

Re: Season 14 - Will Be a Mid Season Replacement Show

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    The trainers will be Bob, Dolvett, and Jillian...They are focusing on kids this season...which I think is great!!!

I'm going to be on a weight loss/healthy eating journey with them. I've gained way too much weight over the past three years and it's time to take control. I'm going to focus on clean eating but I know it won't be easy since I work full time, have two kids and a hubby to take care of, involvement in other things...but it's the season to finally take care of myself.
    Good luck mandmmom2! I'm right there with you and will also be -for the umpteenth and hopefully FINAL time - taking control and making smart dietary choices. I've been looking into juicing and other forms of cleaner eating, think I'm gonna try a modified juicing and low carb, no sugar way of eating. My biggest problem in the past has been remembering that it's not a quick fix diet that leads to success, it's changing your way of eating for LIFE. I also work full-time, have a family that I can't ignore and involvement in several other projects/ventures. But this time I'm putting my health and well-being first!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG View Post
    Good luck mandmmom2! I'm right there with you and will also be -for the umpteenth and hopefully FINAL time - taking control and making smart dietary choices. I've been looking into juicing and other forms of cleaner eating, think I'm gonna try a modified juicing and low carb, no sugar way of eating. My biggest problem in the past has been remembering that it's not a quick fix diet that leads to success, it's changing your way of eating for LIFE. I also work full-time, have a family that I can't ignore and involvement in several other projects/ventures. But this time I'm putting my health and well-being first!
    It is a LIFE time choice with lots of bumps along the way. I tend to be a perfectionists so when I don't do something 100% I tend to quit. So this will challenge me b/c there isn't any way to be perfect in my eating choices. I also want to teach my girls now how to eat. I don't want them to find out when they are older.

WE can do it!!! I'm actually excited about it. I can't wait to be healthy and have more energy!!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

I would love it if each coach had their own diet regime. As far as weight loss goes, every diet works if you stay on it. I would like to see a comparison between, Primal diet vs Low Fat vs Calorie counting.

My weight swing is 10lbs to at one point 30lbs pounds overweight. I have done all three. One is faster than the others and one made me feel deprived and cranky.

I love the idea of doing kids this season with the focus on activities they enjoy rather than in the gym the entire time.

And yes, one hour is plenty if they still refuse to show more than half of that in the gym!

Diet is 80% of losing weight and we only see them working out or going to Subway of all places! That is not a great place to eat unless you are doing just straight calorie counting. It is not healthy by many standards. Their "whole wheat" bread is no different than a white roll. It is a long way from containing much whole grain. And both affect your glycemic index.

Anything different would work for me. This show needs a tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I would love it if each coach had their own diet regime. As far as weight loss goes, every diet works if you stay on it. I would like to see a comparison between, Primal diet vs Low Fat vs Calorie counting.

My weight swing is 10lbs to at one point 30lbs pounds overweight. I have done all three. One is faster than the others and one made me feel deprived and cranky.

I love the idea of doing kids this season with the focus on activities they enjoy rather than in the gym the entire time.

And yes, one hour is plenty if they still refuse to show more than half of that in the gym!

Diet is 80% of losing weight and we only see them working out or going to Subway of all places! That is not a great place to eat unless you are doing just straight calorie counting. It is not healthy by many standards. Their "whole wheat" bread is no different than a white roll. It is a long way from containing much whole grain. And both affect your glycemic index.

Anything different would work for me. This show needs a tweak.
    I agree with you totally! I have only been able to loose weight once...and that was on WW. I should have stayed on it but nope...I started snacking late at night which caused issues along with crash dieting that screwed up my metabolism. So, now I'm going to clean eat and do WW...a combo. Anyway, I would love to see a focus on eating more than working out along with which is best for this type of body and such.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Season 14 - Will Be a Mid Season Replacement Show

The Subway thing is catering to the sponsors. I know from reading Jillian's books that she personally does not advocate eating their sandwiches or using artificial sweeteners. I think Bob's philosophy is probably similar. Dolvett I don't know, but you don't get bodies like that by scarfing fast-food subs. I know people who train competitively and the dietary restrictions are unreal.

One hour & once a year works for me. The only thing I don't like about once per year, though, is that it's half the people getting the opportunity.

ETA: Shoepie, they won't do a variety of "diet plans" because the trainers advocate portion control & eating "real food" (single-ingredient, non-processed). Unfortunately they also include plugs for sponsors like Subway & artificially sweetened gum, which sends mixed messages to the people who are working along at home. But I suppose it's just a TV show that has to make money and there's a bottom line to be met.
    Last edited by AJane; 12-21-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

2 hour premiere on Sunday, January 6, 2013.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    2 hour premiere on Sunday, January 6, 2013.
    Do you know what time it will be on? I'll probably be away from home and want to try to set the VCR.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Do you know what time it will be on? I'll probably be away from home and want to try to set the VCR.
    9pm to 11pm EST.

I am not sure I will enjoy this season, I understand why it is being done. But I do not want to see the game play, screaming at the teens. Overweight teens have enough problems to deal with all ready. I will watch the opening and see what is going on and then make my decision.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I am not sure I will enjoy this season, I understand why it is being done. But I do not want to see the game play, screaming at the teens. Overweight teens have enough problems to deal with all ready. I will watch the opening and see what is going on and then make my decision.
    From what I understand there will not be game play with the teens it is more of a sidebar because obesity is so rampant in this country and among teens that the producers of the show want to show how making changes in eating and activity can make enough of a difference so that the kids won't end up as adults on the regular program.

OTH there are some teens that need lots of screaming and yelling at.

While Jillian does yell at the folks on BL during her summer show when she traveled the country helping entire families she never yelled and the kids loved her. She approached the family from a life coach and personal trainer aspect. She would find out what the main issues were help declutter and organize the house and set the parents and the kids on health plan that included nutrition and exercise. She was very supportive.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 12-30-2012 at 12:32 PM.
    Allie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast