+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Season 14 - Will Be a Mid Season Replacement Show

Re: Season 14 - Will Be a Mid Season Replacement Show

I think the alliance of Conda, Jeremy, Mark, Buddy and Kim did quite well on its own without any help from the producers.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think the alliance of Conda, Jeremy, Mark, Buddy and Kim did quite well on its own without any help from the producers.
    I think the producers knew what they were doing when they chose to inclued Conda in the show. I don't think they were surprised by her behavior. Maybe the producers could have persuaded the other contestants to vote Conda off of the ranch, but they probably thought Conda would be good for ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I think the producers knew what they were doing when they chose to inclued Conda in the show. I don't think they were surprised by her behavior. Maybe the producers could have persuaded the other contestants to vote Conda off of the ranch, but they probably thought Conda would be good for ratings.
    I am sure the producers were thrilled with Conda's behavior because it did cause controversy and people talked, tweeted and face-booked about it everywhere. I watched because the Drama was so over the top and it became fun. I am sure other folks thought so too, but I also know her behavior turned off a lot of folks and they quit watching the show. I do wish that the contestants would discuss (now that the season is over) how Conda was on a daily basis how was she to have as a team mate, someone you saw every day the big question would be was she portrayed accurately or was she different in real life?

FORT Fogey

I am sure the producers were thrilled with Conda's behavior because it did cause controversy and people talked, tweeted and face-booked about it everywhere. I watched because the Drama was so over the top and it became fun. I am sure other folks thought so too, but I also know her behavior turned off a lot of folks and they quit watching the show. I do wish that the contestants would discuss (now that the season is over) how Conda was on a daily basis how was she to have as a team mate, someone you saw every day the big question would be was she portrayed accurately or was she different in real life?
    I don't think Conda made the show fun. I continued to watch to see if anyone would vote to send Conda home... but, no one voted to send Conda home: they were too afraid of her. I muted most of what Conda said. I had no interest in hearing her "insights." When Conda went home with Dolvett, I listened to some of what she said. They were trying to explain her behavior by having her talk about her parent's divorce. But, I feel no sympathy at all for Conda.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 05-16-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I don't think Conda made the show fun. I continued to watch to see if anyone would vote to send Conda home... but, no one voted to send Conda home: they were too afraid of her. I muted most of what Conda said. I had no interest in hearing her "insights." When Conda went home with Dolvett, I listened to some of what she said. They were trying to explain her behavior by having her talk about her parent's divorce. But, I feel no sympathy at all for Conda.
    Never said Conda made the show fun I said "I watched because the Drama was so over the top and it became fun".

FORT Fogey

Never said Conda made the show fun I said "I watched because the Drama was so over the top and it became fun".
    I think Conda made the entire season very unpleasant.

Ah...and the Drama and Chaos created by the Evil Queen and her minions actually made me watch the first half hour or so in addtion to the weights in which was the only part I used to watch. That and the show went to a one hour format helped tremendously in getting me to watch.

FORT Fogey

NBC is launching a 13 city tour to look for contestants for the next season of Biggest Loser, which will be in January of 2013. People must be at least 85 pounds overweight to be considered for the show.

Excited to see the previews and contestants for Season 14! Some folks may disagree, and that's fine because if everyone agreed on everything life would certainly be very dull, but I really like that 3 of the contestants are overweight teens. Looking forward to the coming season!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I'm a little bummed it will be on only once a year. I do wish they'd switch to a one-hour format, though. The workout montages get very old.

I agree that January is the best time to run it.

Any word who the trainers will be? I, personally, was kind of tired of Jillian, so I didn't miss her a whole lot. I thought the current team was a good one. Bob and Dolvett had a little tension between them, which I think was more interesting than the Bob/Jillian relationship. And, admittedly, I already miss my Tuesday date night with Dolvett....
    The trainers will be Bob, Dolvett, and Jillian...They are focusing on kids this season...which I think is great!!!

I'm going to be on a weight loss/healthy eating journey with them. I've gained way too much weight over the past three years and it's time to take control. I'm going to focus on clean eating but I know it won't be easy since I work full time, have two kids and a hubby to take care of, involvement in other things...but it's the season to finally take care of myself.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast