+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 17 - 04/24/12

Re: Season 13 - Episode 17 - 04/24/12

Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ View Post
    I totally agree with you.. in some ways this show has turned into Survivor. "If you promise to never write my name down I'll take you to the final four with me Dude, promise!" Then stab 'em in the back because that is THE WAY THE GAME IS PLAYED! People think Survivor is different because it's all about money and The Biggest Loser is about people changing their lives, but we can't forget that there is money involved and money changes people. I think we all feel an underlying empathy and caring for most of the people on this ranch each season, and I will often choke up during an episode of TBL. I can't ever remember tearing up in front of Jeff Probst.

In some ways I think this show could benefit from one feature of Survivor: The jury deciding who wins, or at least has a say in it. Imagine Jeremy and Conda facing a panel made up of Cassandra, Emily, Mike, Chism... and having to explain how/why they are still there and the jury members aren't. I'm sure some of them feel played and regret helping the Diabolical Duo now. At least on Survivor there is a way to get back at 'em!
    Your post made me think... I'll bet there are people out there who want to do this show...even IF big $ wasn't involved.

To the Point

I think that the casting director most responsible for this cast of folks should be fired! What an awful group of contestants.
    GabbyG and JulieAnn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryansmom View Post
    Your post made me think... I'll bet there are people out there who want to do this show...even IF big $ wasn't involved.
    Call me a hopeless optimist, but I think most people who apply for the show aren't motivated by the cash prize. The experience itself is the real reward...which is why the quitters aggravate me so much. Anyway, the cost of undertaking a similar experience would be astronomical - the food, lodging, facilities, trainers, medical treatment, living allowance - I don't know how much these contestants would have to pay a private "ranch" (available for those willing to foot their own bill) but it would be nice if they took a moment to think about it before they start whining about unfairness.
    mandmmom2 likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    ITA. IIRC, Conda was up for elimination once, fairly early on. She barely got any votes (if she got any at all--can't remember) because people were scared of her and her brother. And all those people have since gone home, in part thanks to the duo.
    No one ever voted to send Conda home. Like you said, everyone was too afraid of her. If anyone had put Conda's name down... she would have had her clique vote them off of the ranch.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Call me a hopeless optimist, but I think most people who apply for the show aren't motivated by the cash prize. The experience itself is the real reward...which is why the quitters aggravate me so much. Anyway, the cost of undertaking a similar experience would be astronomical - the food, lodging, facilities, trainers, medical treatment, living allowance - I don't know how much these contestants would have to pay a private "ranch" (available for those willing to foot their own bill) but it would be nice if they took a moment to think about it before they start whining about unfairness.
    Just for kicks, I checked out the rates for a Pritikin weight-loss spa online (not exactly the BL program, but like BL, more focus on fitness and less on beauty). The average is about $6,000 a week--and some people are on BL for four months!

So, Jeremy, you could have had the same weight-loss experience with no "unfairness"...and it would have cost you only about $100,000.
    NCLurker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I have looked at the ranch experiences that the show offers and it runs about $2,000 a week.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Whether is $2k or $6k for most people that is way more than what is made in a month. Insurance doesn't cover things like this so majority of people can't afford the ranch.

These contestants need to get a grip. I know people who need to only loose 20-40 lbs that will love to be on the ranch, myself included!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post

These contestants need to get a grip. I know people who need to only loose 20-40 lbs that will love to be on the ranch, myself included!!!
    No kidding! All that, and Dolvett, too...

No doubt about it--the finale being only an hour long is the producers admitting this season was a FAIL.

FORT Fanatic

I agree with other posters, most anyone who is trying to lose weight and struggling with it would do this without the cash prize. I know I have about 40 pounds left to lose (I'm down about 15), and if even for a week or two, would love the experience of someone concentrating on you, rather they you concentrating on everyone else, work, kids, etc. Even if it's them yelling at you a bit to get you going, I least they don't let you give up.

Side note, I understand more why Mark would walk off (well, not really, just think he was done losing weight and figured he wouldn't win the at home or final prize), but if I would have been Buddy's wife and found out he walked off without the chance to win anything after taking care of the kids, and house by herself, I would have been fuming!
    He had so much more to lose too! And by quiting, I'm pretty sure they lose the all the extra help at home as well with trainers at the gym.
    mandmmom2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    I agree with other posters, most anyone who is trying to lose weight and struggling with it would do this without the cash prize. I know I have about 40 pounds left to lose (I'm down about 15), and if even for a week or two, would love the experience of someone concentrating on you, rather they you concentrating on everyone else, work, kids, etc. Even if it's them yelling at you a bit to get you going, I least they don't let you give up.

Side note, I understand more why Mark would walk off (well, not really, just think he was done losing weight and figured he wouldn't win the at home or final prize), but if I would have been Buddy's wife and found out he walked off without the chance to win anything after taking care of the kids, and house by herself, I would have been fuming!
    He had so much more to lose too! And by quiting, I'm pretty sure they lose the all the extra help at home as well with trainers at the gym.
    I think livid with Buddy would have been an understatement for me.

Wonder if Mark and Buddy will be at the finale tonight.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast