+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 17 - 04/24/12

Re: Season 13 - Episode 17 - 04/24/12

Someone please help me understand something... The returning players were brought back for the possibility of becoming finalists, the top eight determined by a weigh in. Chris is one of those top eight. She gets to the challenge and is told "You're not medically cleared to compete...". The producers obviously knew what type of challenge it was going to be, so why was Chris allowed to take that spot? If I was the person right under her (can't remember who she beat!) I would be extremely tweaked off!

I thought the same thing--it seemed very unfair to me. That said, the person underneath her was Chism, and I wasn't too into him coming back. A very large, very young guy like him could have run with this opportunity, and I just don't think he gave it his all. Plus his dad is Mark . (I do think he was pretty humble and mature in his response to not making it into the top eight.)

The returning 14 contestants were weighted in right after Jeremy found out he fell below the red line. The top 8 were told they would have to compete the next day. The players that did not make the top 8 left the ranch that night. The following evening is when they had part 2, part 3 and part 4 of the challenges. Therefore there was time to have the returning 8 be given physicals. I don't think anyone knew at the time of the weight in (that happened the previous night) that Chris would be getting a waiver from the doctors.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was watching this episode just now but I decided to see what had happened. So glad I did cause I now know I do not want to watch this episode or the final.

By the way the cheek of Bulldozer Gonda saying the others did not deserve a second change when they had been outvoted.Jeremy should be in the final. She totally ignored the fact that Jeremy was out of the game too. I could not watch that horrible woman get her way again. I liked Mike.bah. Horrible ending of a season where the game players won.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I just read that Sam and Stephanie are getting married this weekend.
    That's great news! isn't he the one who feel from a roof or something? If so, I guess he has recovered at least well enough to get married.

Worst case scenario was Jeremy getting back in. Blech.

How much time between when this episode was filmed and the finale? I feel like we're being set up for a Jeremy win, and it's making me feel a little ill. I'd take Kim winning over him or his vile sister any day, but I don't know if she has enough left to lose. She's already looking fantastic and really just needs to keep toning. Jeremy, and especially Conda, look like they have a lot left to lose. I just wonder if they have the drive or motivation to do it at home? Conda, particularly, as a single Mom with a very little girl, and she hasn't shown the best work ethic up to this point. I don't think she's a contender at all. She probably just expects Jeremy to split the cash with her anyway, so she won't even bother really trying.

Go Kim, I guess.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    I was watching this episode just now but I decided to see what had happened. So glad I did cause I now know I do not want to watch this episode or the final.

By the way the cheek of Bulldozer Gonda saying the others did not deserve a second change when they had been outvoted.Jeremy should be in the final. She totally ignored the fact that Jeremy was out of the game too. I could not watch that horrible woman get her way again. I liked Mike.bah. Horrible ending of a season where the game players won.
    Totally. Jeremy was out of the game, fair and square, and they somehow felt it an injustice that he along with others out of the game (fair and square) had to compete to get back in? He was lucky to get that opportunity!

As for 'game players' I really don't mind them on this show... it's only when the game playing appears to be the main focus for the contestant that it gets on my nerves. Conda seemed to skate by with half the effort of everyone else. That ticks me off to no end.

You know....in a way I blame the others for the evil duo being in the F3. They had opportunity to vote either one out but didn't. They fell for their "schemes". They let themselves be ran over by the evil duo. I could go on but I won't. And when I say "they" I'm referring to the "clique". It was like they were using the evil duo to make it further but didn't play it out like they should have and waited to long to get rid of them. Not sure how to explain what I'm thinking.
    captain likes this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

ITA. IIRC, Conda was up for elimination once, fairly early on. She barely got any votes (if she got any at all--can't remember) because people were scared of her and her brother. And all those people have since gone home, in part thanks to the duo.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    You know....in a way I blame the others for the evil duo being in the F3. They had opportunity to vote either one out but didn't. They fell for their "schemes". They let themselves be ran over by the evil duo. I could go on but I won't. And when I say "they" I'm referring to the "clique". It was like they were using the evil duo to make it further but didn't play it out like they should have and waited to long to get rid of them. Not sure how to explain what I'm thinking.
    I totally agree with you.. in some ways this show has turned into Survivor. "If you promise to never write my name down I'll take you to the final four with me Dude, promise!" Then stab 'em in the back because that is THE WAY THE GAME IS PLAYED! People think Survivor is different because it's all about money and The Biggest Loser is about people changing their lives, but we can't forget that there is money involved and money changes people. I think we all feel an underlying empathy and caring for most of the people on this ranch each season, and I will often choke up during an episode of TBL. I can't ever remember tearing up in front of Jeff Probst.

In some ways I think this show could benefit from one feature of Survivor: The jury deciding who wins, or at least has a say in it. Imagine Jeremy and Conda facing a panel made up of Cassandra, Emily, Mike, Chism... and having to explain how/why they are still there and the jury members aren't. I'm sure some of them feel played and regret helping the Diabolical Duo now. At least on Survivor there is a way to get back at 'em!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast