+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 17 - 04/24/12

FORT Fogey

Re: Season 13 - Episode 17 - 04/24/12

I was rooting for Cassandra to win the slot; she has been my favorite from the start. Bob clearly adores her and was happy to see her again, very sweet.

Maybaybe, I agree Cassandra could have benefited from make over week and Roy needs a shave. They may have asked them both to hold off until the finale before making those changes. That beard is ridiculous; it is NOT cute, appealing or interesting and I even like facial hair. I have never found either Roy or Chris appealing.

Mike is definately a contender for the at home prize; he looked good! He wanted that slot badly and may have won.

I knew Jeremy would win the balance challenge. He was fresh from working out everyday and though Mike probably did too, it is hard to compete with the level on the ranch.

It was one of the best shows but dissapointing in the end.

I think Kim has this in the bag.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

One final note: I have a lot of respect for the kid, Chism. Once again, he took ownership for being below the red line and didn't try to blame someone else. He was also thankful for the opportunity, and walked out with his head high (which is deserved, since he gave it a shot).

This apple does fall far from the tree in some ways.

I did like the comment from Jeremy...I guess I will have to actually try to win a challenge for a change, or something to those words. I know the finale will be 2 hours but maybe they can cut it down. Let us just move on from this season and get to the next. I would like to know when Chris hurt herself and not be able to compete,I think she took a spot from someone else...or wait never mind it was Chism. I would have hated to seen him defy his father and actually win a spot on the finale, since he did not deserve to be there according to dearest daddy.
    There's no place like home!

My only hope at this point is that Ali does not put Chism on the spot at the finale with questions about his father. He was composed and respectful last night and he should be allowed to maintain that. He seems like a decent kid (and he IS a kid - I would have allowed for some bad behavior). Same goes for Buddy's brother, who seemed to understand that he was given an opportunity rather than an entitlement. Buddy is getting a free ride for quitting because Mark has gotten under people's skins more. His quitting is just as bad and in some ways worse, if you take into consideration the amount of weight he has yet to lose.

Not surprised at Mike's great weight loss. He was an early bail and had something to prove. Glad he stepped up.

If I was betting money I would bet that Jeremy wins the $250K. The numbers are in his favor. However, I do not see any significant personal growth and I would not put that money on his continued success. I think being part of this experience with his sister did him no favors for a variety of reasons. I think her dominant personality overshadows their relationship and puts him in the role of a overprotected, spoiled child. His body language speaks to me of someone who is insecure and lacks confidence - hunched shoulders and the way he ducks his head. He is also very young and although I dislike his attitude, I also feel sorry for him. I don't think he needs pity though - no one does - and I hope he eventually gains some insight about who he is. Just my little Dr Phil analysis.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

OMG...this episode should have been titled something along the lines of 'the crybaby jeremy entitlement show' -rolleyes- He was WORSE than conda this episode!

Noticed they showed Chism when Ally mentioned "if you quit, you are not eligible to win...." heehee....

I really think Chism should have been able to lose at least 100lbs... He's young with a lot of weight to lose and total only 96lbs? He is still 265...just shows he didn't take the whole thing seriously...therefore, taking someone else's spot He's not in it because he flat out didn't work his butt off. He said he was "disappointed that some people who left way before him that were in the top 8 and he wasn't....if he only worked a little harder". Well, YEAH!! Took you till the end to realize that?! -rolleyes- He doesn't deserve to win, and I would be surprised if he was in contention for the at-home prize. Seemed to be a season of a few 'serious' people looking to lose weight and get healthy, while the rest wanted fame and win some money. Go to Survivor then

conda is such a .....! well, you know... But, her comment (and I quote) "i definitely EARNED my spot as a finalist, as did Kim, but in my book, there was already a final 3, and if there was going to be a 3rd spot, it should be GIVEN to jeremey. YOU DON'T GIVE SOMEONE A SECOND CHANCE WHEN THEY'VE ALREADY BEEN OUT". Hello?! Isn't this exactly what they were upset about? The ones voted out (or got themselves voted out: jeremey) coming back? all of a sudden jeremey thinks it's fair? Hippocrite to say the LEAST!! And, btw...I LOVE that he got himself voted out and NOBODY had a hand in SENDING him home That's almost better than karma....whatever you'd call it!

imo, conda has no shot at winning it all. jeremey has a chance only because he still has some weight to lose. but Kim is already ahead of the game and we all know her work ethic...it would not surprise me if she does win it all. And poor Ben...8lbs short of coming back! I mean great he lost 99lbs after being booted so early in the show...but oh so close!!

When evil green twosome were talking after weigh in and he said to her 'you can't sit there and tell me you & Kim worked out harder than me this week because it's a flat out lie..." uh...numbers on the scale don't lie. What a crybaby! Typical to dwell in his demise rather than put a positive outlook on it (like his sister was actually trying to do). He didn't want to HAVE to partake in challenges to EARN a spot back when he thought he already EARNED it. Oh puh-leeze! Someone send a dictionary to these two and highlight the word "earn".

and what the heck was up w/ Em? She came in LAST running?! If she had gone faster, she could have easily beaten jeremey and kimmy and that would have eliminated him right there...and Mike prolly would have made it to the final 3...and then we would have had a competition (between him and Kim). I'll bet she kicks herself for that

Anyone else chuckle at Kim bundled up to her eyeballs in that blanket? I'm sure it was cold...esp after 3+ hours!! I'm not sure Mike 'threw' the last challenge. Altho, I will agree he *may* have been thinking he's "got" the at-home prize? Seriously, he could....and I think he *could* have beaten Kim...like I said, it woulda been a good matchup. But, he's almost guaranteed that at home prize.

As for the final 3, 2 of 'em (and I'll let you figure out which 2) seem so big yet to be in the finals. Just another speck of proof to me that they 'played' the game vs working hard and EARNING it. Go Kim! Pink has been a successful color in the past!

I was out last night so just watched this morning. What a letdown. I didn't even finish the last few minutes--once Mike stepped down, I had to turn it off.

Jeremy was just unbearable. I can't understand how he won the puzzle challenge, since he's been so clueless about calories in the past. In terms of the "endurance" challenge, as usual it came down to him playing mind games with everyone else. He has nothing to be proud of. He was nearly toppled by two people who went home very, very early.

The producers must be very anxious about the outcome this season...I agree that Conda has no chance, but Jeremy could win it, and what a terrible example. No amount of editing can dilute his nasty personality. I hope he and Conda are booed at the finale!

I was so mad that Mike didn't get the spot and Jeremey did. The green ugly duo is in the finals. I really pray that Kim beats them both bad. I try to always be kind to others and want what is best for others no matter how they treat me but a small part of me wants the green evil ugly duo to gain weight (just a pound) and for them to be called out on the crap they distributed this season.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

After last nights weight in the top three contenders for the at home prize are Cassandra at 33.9% body weight lost. Emily at 33.7% body weight lost and Mike at 31.8% body weight lost.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

It's so funny ... I watch old TBL episodes on Netflix just to have something on in the background. I was watching, I think, season 5. I had just watched the current season's episode with all the whining that "it's not fair" and how it never happens. And then comes an episode on my Netflix queue where the final six get a big surprise! Two more contestants coming back into the show!

None of them whined or stomped their feet or quit.

This season ... I don't even know why I watch it anymore. Jeremy and Conda barely look like they lost weight. Usually by the end of the season they start getting a lot more fit.

I just read that Sam and Stephanie are getting married this weekend.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast