+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bearcata

Thread: Season 13 - Finale Will Be On May 1, 2012

Season 13 - Finale Will Be On May 1, 2012

Normally the Biggest Loser finale is during the 3rd week of May and with all the Chaos and Drama going on this season the finale was projected to be on May 22, 2012. There is a rumor going around that NBC is shifting the finales this year due to the Olympics. I found a link from NBC that does announce that finale will be May 1st and only one hour long. I am posting it here so as many people as possible will get the information.

NBC Entertainment Press Release

"THE BIGGEST LOSER 13"

"EPISODE 18"

05/01/2012 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Tuesday) : "THE BIGGEST LOSER" REVEALED IN EXCITING SEASON FINALE – In this must-see, exciting live finale, the contestants from this season return for a special reunion and a chance to weigh in one last time – and show America how much weight they’ve all lost since beginning their weight-loss journeys. Those who have been eliminated will compete for the $100,000 "at home" prize. Then it’s the moment viewers have been waiting for, when one of the three finalists will be named this season’s "Biggest Loser" and win the coveted grand prize of $250,000! Alison Sweeney hosts the series, and trainers Bob Harper and Dolvett Quince also star.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Season 13 - Finale Will Be On May 1, 2012

The one episode that really deserves to be 2 hours long!! What the heck? How can they weigh all those people in that fast? Even if they dispense with the usual "formal wear" parade????
    Are there episodes the next couple of weeks? Maybe they will do some of the weigh ins the week before???

Everyone complains that the memory lane segments are too long and now they producers have a chance to let us see how quickly a massive weight in can occur.
    Shoepie likes this.

I think the finale should be 90 mins but oh well.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

CCL

I thought the thread title said "finally" instead of "finale." Same difference.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I thought the thread title said "finally" instead of "finale." Same difference.
    I do get very tired of some of the overly long seasons so it is nice to get a short one for a change.

Not only may they do away with the formal wear, didn't one year (last?) they weigh in the 'at home' contenders beforehand and not show them ALL weigh in? They had the 3 come out, and out of those 3, they said which ONE had the most loss. Then, out of all the '1's, they weighed THEM in for the at-home prize? Doing it this way could get done in 1 hour. And, they probably don't want to parade them around and journey story because they really don't deserve it? And, since we have 2 quitters...isn't that 2 less to weigh in?...they aren't eligible to win ANY money, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryansmom View Post
    Not only may they do away with the formal wear, didn't one year (last?) they weigh in the 'at home' contenders beforehand and not show them ALL weigh in? They had the 3 come out, and out of those 3, they said which ONE had the most loss. Then, out of all the '1's, they weighed THEM in for the at-home prize? Doing it this way could get done in 1 hour. And, they probably don't want to parade them around and journey story because they really don't deserve it? And, since we have 2 quitters...isn't that 2 less to weigh in?...they aren't eligible to win ANY money, right?
    3 quitters. Joe, Mark and Buddy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Normally the Biggest Loser finale is during the 3rd week of May and with all the Chaos and Drama going on this season the finale was projected to be on May 22, 2012. There is a rumor going around that NBC is shifting the finales this year due to the Olympics. I found a link from NBC that does announce that finale will be May 1st and only one hour long. I am posting it here so as many people as possible will get the information.

NBC Entertainment Press Release
    The olympics start in 99 days so that probably isn't the reason.

I don't even remember Joe! Why did he quit? Ben asked to be voted out the first week so that is an 'almost quit.'

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    3 quitters. Joe, Mark and Buddy.
    That's right...forgot about him.

He missed his family...that's why he left. Well, I hope he enjoyed them, because if he didn't get the help he needed, he was going to die an early death and leave them all behind. I wonder if THEY were upset with his decision to quit? I certainly would have encouraged my husband to stay....

+ Reply to Thread