+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 16 - 04/17/12

FORT Fan

Re: Season 13 - Episode 16 - 04/17/12

I have actually not watched very much of this season, so I can't comment specifically on anyone's behavior. But I can honestly say that, though I'm generally a mild-mannered person, if someone filmed me 24/7 for several weeks, they could probably find enough times where I've blown my cool to make me look mean. I'm not trying to say that the people on this show weren't mean or hateful. Based on the discussions here, they probably were. I'm just saying that on this and other reality shows we only see a very limited part of the picture.
    Shoepie likes this.

With regards to the previously eliminated players, I have to say that some of them look pretty good.
    I can see why Buddy, Jeremy and Conda would feel threatened although I do think that Mark & Kim have them beat.

This is an excerpt of what someone posted about what Mark said on FB "I know many will still judge me, but that's okay. I never quit, I was just done with this part of God's shaping of the man who sits here typing this. He will never be done or give up on me and I will never stop pushing ahead to grow in Him and make known His love for all people. I am deeply thankful for this amazing experience and I have gained everything I possibly could from it. This show has changed my life."

Sounds to me like he quit. He says, "I was just done with this part of God's shaping of the man who sits here typing this." Also sound REGRETFUL for his decision to quit. My probable response had I been on the show and felt it was TIME for me to leave would be either to throw the weigh-in so that I would be below the red line OR go to the producers and talk to them about the situation instead of trying to set up a mutiny (or coup or ambush) where everyone walks out.

As for his Christianity, I cannot respond to that. Only he and God knows what's going on in his mind and spirit. We aren't privy to the times when the contestants don't have their mikes on or the crew staff is not filming. I'm sure there is a LOT of things that goes on behind closed doors that we aren't even aware of. But as for his walk with his GOD, I cannot judge him.

I can speak for myself that I've found myself in situations where I've behaved not at all like I really am because I reacted from my old nature or because I was with others and reacted instead of set myself apart and thought things through before I said, did something I would normally not do. An example: I once went to a comedy show to hear a 'movie star' give a comedy routine. At first the jokes were funny, then they became very uncomfortable (for me) with sexual innuendo and then became blatantly blunt of things that should be (imo) left in the individual's bedrooms,and not said in a room full of strangers. Yet, I did laugh at the jokes and when the show was over, I was so embarrassed that I stayed in that room for the entire routine. Now if this was on tv and the viewers would've seen me there (after professing I was a Christian), I would be toast as a witness for the Lord in the eyes of the viewers and possibly other Christians. Yet, still to this day, I'm deeply regretful I allowed my humanity to win over my spirituality.

I said all that just to say, I don't know what's in Mark's heart...only God does. He created Mark. If Mark has asked forgiveness, has repented from what he did on the show, then I cannot stand as his judge and say, "Too bad, you've forever blown your witness." We all have sinned and I WILL NOT cast out the first stone.

Do I like the contestants this season? A resounding NO. Each of them brought out something I hate about being human--selfishness, greed, superiority, pride, and the list goes on. Does the show get ratings for having all these things in it? Unfortunately, yes, they do. Everyone wants to see train wrecks, including this one. And this season provided so much of them. And even threw in a villain or two or three.

Stepping off my soapbox now.
    Vonna, spockwhat and mandmmom2 like this.

FORT Fanatic

Just watching last night's episode: I am 13 minutes in.

WHAT A BUNCH OF BABIES!!!
    Ancient City and mesachick like this.

What a waste of a perfectly good season. Towards the end of the episode there was a commercial for the BL Ranch with Ramon & Jessica (hope that's right - out of sight, out of mind). Made me smile just seeing them. Remembering last season, when we still routed for players to win. When we felt good about watching, and bad when someone had to go home. What a disagrable, whiny bunch of babies this final 5 was. If I want to see villains, I watch Survivor. BL has always been about people facing their demons and losing weight. This season has just been about people who ARE demons...
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Conda has morals?
    Conda has no idea what she's really like. She once said that she's a strong woman... she's actually a bully.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

tvfanz, I totally understand your perspective and respect it.

I guess I would like to see some measure of humility from Mark. Admission that he made mistakes, played the game in a negative way, and quit it as well. The essence of Christianity is accepting that you do things wrong sometimes, and humbling yourself and admitting it. Only then can forgiveness happen. I don't see that with Mark. If he had said, I made alliances I shouldn't have, I quit when it was wrong, and I'm sorry, my opinion of Mark would be exactly the opposite I have now.

It takes a big man to admit when they were wrong, and Mark just isn't there. Yet.
    mandmmom2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    tvfanz, I totally understand your perspective and respect it.

I guess I would like to see some measure of humility from Mark. Admission that he made mistakes, played the game in a negative way, and quit it as well. The essence of Christianity is accepting that you do things wrong sometimes, and humbling yourself and admitting it. Only then can forgiveness happen. I don't see that with Mark. If he had said, I made alliances I shouldn't have, I quit when it was wrong, and I'm sorry, my opinion of Mark would be exactly the opposite I have now.

It takes a big man to admit when they were wrong, and Mark just isn't there. Yet.
    I totally agree with you! And I absolutely hate when contestants (Mark included) seem to snub the rules of the show. I got to thinking last night that the last five really did an injustice to EVERYONE from the show--from the trainers to the least recognized worker who puts this thing together. 5 people wanted to, in essence, cause an entire crew to potentially shut down their jobs because why? They didn't like the rule of previous contestants being able to 'win' a spot in the finale.

Come on! Really? This is where I will judge the behavior of those on the show...because these people think THEY are the show. That sounds and looks a lot like PRIDE. The show is about so much than the five individuals left to compete. It's about inspiration, hard work, facing personal demons that hold one back.

Totally agree this season was one of the worst for most viewers. I hate when contestants treat this show as a "money seeking prize game" versus 'making lifestyle changes'. I'd go on that show even if I didn't win the money...if I could actually get on it that is! To be totally secluded from outside interference and learn what they do....what a privilege!
    mandmmom2 and sunnydayz like this.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Conda has no idea what she's really like. She once said that she's a strong woman... she's actually a bully.
    Also, she actually stated that her moral compass is based on if the decision she makes... makes her happy. I'm not sure if she meant it exactly that way... but she did say it. In other words, if I do quit, and I feel happy inside, then it is the RIGHT decision. If I decide to stay, and I FEEL like it makes me happy, then IT was the right decision.
    That's crazy talk. I don't even know who could possibly think this way.
    It's not a moral compass, it's a whatevermakesmehappy compass is also the right thing to do. That's scary as heck.
    CupidGuest likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Lad View Post
    With regards to the previously eliminated players, I have to say that some of them look pretty good.
    I can see why Buddy, Jeremy and Conda would feel threatened although I do think that Mark & Kim have them beat.
    I was thinking that they all looked a tetch heavy! Kim is clearly the most slender and best shape. It is hard to tell with that camera angle, too. The group was shot from above. Emily looked good but you cannot see her body. But it isn't all about weight. It will be an interesting episode. They have to cram a lot into an hour so that means we dont have to watch them work out in the gym, I bet!

+ Reply to Thread