+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 16 - 04/17/12

To the Point

Re: Season 13 - Episode 16 - 04/17/12

I don't think I would find Mark's post offensive if, while on the show, he had really lived what he claims to believe. Based on that FB post I do believe that he has some recognition of the fact that he did not live what he preaches. Now I realize it doesn't say that, but there is just something in the way it is structured and written that makes me feel that way, or perhaps I just really want to believe that he isn't that blind to his own issues. I realize that there is editing involved but he should never have given them so much fodder with which to work. I understand that it is sometimes far too easy to get caught up in the mob mentality and/or the game regardless of who you are and what you believe (we are all imperfect beings and we all have times that we are more imperfect than others), but these players should be terribly disturbed by their behavior even more than we are.

There really hasn't been anyone to "root for" this whole season and it has just gotten worse as the season has gone on.
    mandmmom2 and Jim Lad like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryansmom View Post

oh, I meant to add earlier...that rude comment conda made about Kim not deserving to be there... Kim has class not responding to her verbally. What her comment WILL do is PUSH Kim. Piss her off and she will work harder than ever to beat her now. Just watch
    I wonder, though, if Kim might have responded & it was edited out. It seems rather out of character for her to keep quiet...I might have expected silence from doormat Chris but not from an aggressive lady-wrestler. I suspect that she either said something at the weigh-in we didn't see or she took it up with Conda later. I don't even blame the producers if they did edit out a remark - they sure are in need of a hero or heroine this season & at this point Kim is their best bet. I notice on Facebook & Twitter that she's the only one that viewers are rooting for, if they're rooting for anyone.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I wonder, though, if Kim might have responded & it was edited out. It seems rather out of character for her to keep quiet...I might have expected silence from doormat Chris but not from an aggressive lady-wrestler. I suspect that she either said something at the weigh-in we didn't see or she took it up with Conda later. I don't even blame the producers if they did edit out a remark - they sure are in need of a hero or heroine this season & at this point Kim is their best bet. I notice on Facebook & Twitter that she's the only one that viewers are rooting for, if they're rooting for anyone.
    TBH..that thought did cross my mind. They just may be making Kim the person to root for. Meh...as long as conda doesn't win, I'm good

Quote Originally Posted by Ryansmom View Post
    The VERY definition of "quit" is 'to stop, cease, or discontinue, to depart from; leave (a place or person), to cease from doing something; stop, to depart or leave'. Sorry...Mark doesn't think he quit? He clearly needs a reality check.

I'd have to agree...he's hiding behind the Bible and there's something wrong with THAT! I wonder how much self-control it took the trainers not to open a bucket of whoop@$$ on those contestants. I was surprised Buddy walked. I feel he had a real shot at winning...guess he don't need any $. Anyone know if they forfeit any money they get (to this point) if they walk off and quit?...cuz they shouldn't! They could probably be legally sued for breach of contract.

I did see Roy was there...but Chris was by his side.

I have to disagree with you, I think they should definitely forfeit anything they've won on the show they just QUIT!

I haven't liked Mark since back in the beginning when he was so cruel to Adrien and his sister. They were treated very poorly, mostly by Mark and Conda. Some minister he is!
    NFL1, Ancient City, GabbyG and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LrcLinda View Post
    I have to disagree with you, I think they should definitely forfeit anything they've won on the show they just QUIT!
    I did mean that...now that I reread, it doesn't sound like it...sorry...my bad. I think if they quit, they should have to return all/any money they've earned thus far.
    LrcLinda and mesachick like this.

I was a little confused when Alison mentioned that there were 14 eliminated players coming back as the numbers didn't add up. Then I thought about it and figured it out.

Kim + Conda = 2

Jeremy = 1 + 14 officially eliminated players = 15

3 quitters = Buddy, Mark and Joe = 3

So 2 + 15 + 3 = 20 contestants that started.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I found Bob and Dolvett's reaction to the walkout very interesting. Perhaps because he's more invested in the show, Bob tried to talk to people and reason with them. Dolvett stayed quiet, IIRC. In the gym, he said something to the effect that no one was quitting during his workout. I had a feeling he was pretty disgusted by the whole display.

He also has NOT chimed in on the Conda praise. It seems like the only person he's really rooting for is Kim, probably because she works hard. (Or is something going on between the two of them?? I've been picking up signals for weeks...might just be my jealous nature, though )
    Vonna likes this.

Mark's letter is the very definition of Religiosity.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    She felt very supported by both Dolvette and Bob. She was pumped up because they favor her amoung those left. It was probably even more obvious to her and us. When you are in that frame of mine it is easy to rise above. Her facial expression was radiating pure joy that she lost 15 pounds, won a slot in the finale AND a car. It is hard to access anger in that state of mind. I bet Dolvette, who was standing next to her even gave her a little loving pat.

I suppose it is bad manners to quote myself but I wanted to say this again without typing it all out. bad dog

I can see Kim in the finale looking maybe too thin, win and gain a little back. She is going to be driven like no other! In the isolated environment I see Kim as having gotten caught up in the powerful vibe that Mark and Buddy created. It was a Lord of the Flies moment and she got swept away into the walk out mentality. She was vulnerable, not being part of that alliance, and probably regrets not having the strength to see things clearly and go against the tide. The clarity of hindsight can haunt you.

I would like to see Kim win this. She changed over the course of the show and emerged as the trainers favorite due to her hard work and dedication.

I am not disappointed with this season at all! It entertained me. I often find shows boring when they lack contrast and drama.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 04-18-2012 at 06:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread