+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 16 - 04/17/12

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Season 13 - Episode 16 - 04/17/12

Thinking on it, I think this particular aspect of the contestants quitting bothered me more than anything else: their attitude toward Bob and Dolvett.

When Bob and Dolvett approached them, the contestants told them flatly "this has NOTHING to do with you." And then, silence.

Really? I understand Bob and Dolvett get paid big bucks to do this show, but they also have invested emotional energy and have used incredible patience with these contestants (read: Conda). These people came on this show because they were unable to do this alone. They were unable to get their butts of the couch and lose the weight, and Bob and Dolvett were the ones to get them to do it. Buddy's remark that he wasn't going to have them tell him when he was going to work out reeked of a lack of gratitude for what this show has done FOR them. They act like they did it all themselves... and it makes me want to puke.

And yes, Bearcata I agree that it wasn't a boring season. But it did leave me disgusted... I do want to care a little about the contestants and be happy that they are healthy and thin. I could care less about Conda and Mark and many of the others. I already fast forward through most of her comments... and I'm sure I will at the finale as well.
    NFL1 and Midol like this.

The VERY definition of "quit" is 'to stop, cease, or discontinue, to depart from; leave (a place or person), to cease from doing something; stop, to depart or leave'. Sorry...Mark doesn't think he quit? He clearly needs a reality check.

I'd have to agree...he's hiding behind the Bible and there's something wrong with THAT! I wonder how much self-control it took the trainers not to open a bucket of whoop@$$ on those contestants. I was surprised Buddy walked. I feel he had a real shot at winning...guess he don't need any $. Anyone know if they forfeit any money they get (to this point) if they walk off and quit?...cuz they shouldn't! They could probably be legally sued for breach of contract.

I did see Roy was there...but Chris was by his side.
    CrazyDutchWoman and Midol like this.

Well, I am nothing if not amused. Using God as an excuse! I guess there weren't enough weeks in this long, long season for all the possible excuses.

Not the first guy to use God and/or religion to excuse his bad behavior. And no matter how the pastor wants to spin it, a quitter is someone who quits.
    Shoepie, CrazyDutchWoman and Midol like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

As a Christian I get some of his FB post but also as a Christian he makes me mad. I try not to judge others but when you are proclaiming to be a Christian and then act a way that doesn't reflect God's love and grace then I have a problem with you.

I'm not sure how to explain any of it. I lost a lot of respect for him and Buddy as time went on...especially Mark.

Also, God wants us to keep our commitments and to me Mark and Buddy didn't do that...they broke a contract, a commitment......
    NCLurker, GabbyG and Midol like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    Let's go anybody but Conda, Jeremy, or Kim!!!!!

Jeremy says he couldn't stomach watching the finale and seeing someone win who hasn't worked as hard as him. He's delusional.
    The people at home have worked harder than he has. They didn't have the luxury of having a gym supplied to them 24 hrs. a day or probably the proper food prepared for them like he did. Once they got back home, I'm sure some aspects of their old life had to come back into play. He is so stupid!
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

I am trying to figure out how these players consider themselves 'wronged'. It is clearly stated in the contract that this WILL happen and if they watched any season of BL, they would recall it does happen.

And Mark hiding behind religion - despicable. He broke his promise - not the producers.

I wanted to slap Conda when she said Jeremy deserved to be in the finals, not Kim. If I were Kim, I would have verbally 'slapped' her, thats for sure.
    sunshine3331, mandmmom2 and Midol like this.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

I wasn't shocked Conda said that because she is blunt, rude, abrasive, and not friendly at all. BUT it must have taken Kim a lot to not say something back. To me, she has worked way harder than those to put together...gheez...look at her numbers!!

BUT I don't want either of them to win. If I had to pick someone to root for it would have to be Emily....
    pintobean likes this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
    The people at home have worked harder than he has. They didn't have the luxury of having a gym supplied to them 24 hrs. a day or probably the proper food prepared for them like he did. Once they got back home, I'm sure some aspects of their old life had to come back into play. He is so stupid!
    Totally agree. Does he think they are sitting on the couch watching TV and popping bonbons? Then they won't win---they probably won't even be in the running for F3. As pintobean said, it's probably much harder at home--if it wasn't none of these people would have needed to come on the show! Come on, show me any 300 lb. person who doesn't know that the secret is eat less, eat healthily, exercise more. It's not rocket science. What the ranch does is force them to exercise at a high level (and give them a few nutrition/cooking tips) even when it is very difficult for them, until they have built enough muscle and lost enough flab to make it (relatively) easy to do. They coach them through plateaus, but really one could do that at home, if one weren't distracted by the demands of jobs, family, etc. So I am always impressed by the losses at home--sometimes more than the winner, and almost always some are more than some of the F3.
    Clearly Jeremy doesn't "get" that hard work is possible off the ranch and even "harder" than on it.
    pintobean and mandmmom2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Also, God wants us to keep our commitments and to me Mark and Buddy didn't do that...they broke a contract, a commitment......
    Well said -applauds-

oh, I meant to add earlier...that rude comment conda made about Kim not deserving to be there... Kim has class not responding to her verbally. What her comment WILL do is PUSH Kim. Piss her off and she will work harder than ever to beat her now. Just watch
    mandmmom2 likes this.

I'm not terribly religious, but I actually found Mark's post offensive. I can only imagine God saying, "Whoa, don't bring me into this mess!"

His writing was also very uncharacteristic of anything he said or did all season. I didn't hear his voice in that piece at all--it seemed very hypocritical and full of (say it with me) EXCUSES!
    NFL1 and GabbyG like this.

+ Reply to Thread