+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 16 - 04/17/12

Re: Season 13 - Episode 16 - 04/17/12

Speaking of not getting what we signed up for.....
    I invested my time watching The Biggest Loser with the understanding that I would see a line up of several dedicated contestants whom, by example, would inspire me to lose weight.
    Of course, I based this expectation entirely on watching past seasons and expected the same from this crowd.
    Pity I didn't have a contract.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    OK have confirmed that NBC has moved the finale of Biggest Loser season 13 from the projected date of May 22, 2012 to May 01, 2012 and it is only one hour long.
    So it seems that only one is coming back as originally planned.

The eliminated have a 3 part challenge. So it isn't all about weight loss. That is clearly one of the parts but what if the person who has the best percentage loses the other two parts? One must be a physical challenge and the other calorie guessing or something like that.

My favorite part last night was seeing Conda claim that Jeremy deserved a final slot more than Kim because he had worked so hard. This on the heels of Bob saying she had changed!

It is clear to me that Mark started this walkout thing. I wonder if either he or Buddy have had any feelings of regret now that all is said and done and feedback read. They would never admit this publically but I bet they do, especially if Kim wins which I think is a likely outcome.

I can see Kim in the finale looking maybe too thin, win and gain a little back. She is going to be driven like no other! In the isolated environment I see Kim as having gotten caught up in the powerful vibe that Mark and Buddy created. It was a Lord of the Flies moment and she got swept away into the walk out mentality. She was vulnerable, not being part of that alliance, and probably regrets not having the strength to see things clearly and go against the tide. The clarity of hindsight can haunt you.

I would like to see Kim win this. She changed over the course of the show and emerged as the trainers favorite due to her hard work and dedication.

I am not disappointed with this season at all! It entertained me. I ofen find shows boring when they lack contrast and drama.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 04-18-2012 at 06:07 AM.
    chickencounter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    So it seems that only one is coming back as originally planned.

The eliminated have a 3 part challenge. So it isn't all about weight loss. That is clearly one of the parts but what if the person who has the best percentage loses the other two parts? One must be a physical challenge and the other calorie guessing or something like that.

My favorite part last night was seeing Conda claim that Jeremy deserved a final slot more than Kim because he had worked so hard. This on the heels of Bob saying she had changed!

It is clear to me that Mark started this walkout thing. I wonder if either he or Buddy have had any feelings of regret now that all is said and done and feedback read. They would never admit this publically but I bet they do, especially if Kim wins which I think is a likely outcome.

I can see Kim in the finale looking maybe too thin, win and gain a little back. She is going to be driven like no other! In the isolated environment I see Kim as having gotten caught up in the powerful vibe that Mark and Buddy created. It was a Lord of the Flies moment and she got swept away into the walk out mentality. She was vulnerable, not being part of that alliance, and probably regrets not having the strength to see things clearly and go against the tide. The clarity of hindsight can haunt you.

I would like to see Kim win this. She changed over the course of the show and emerged as the trainers favorite due to her hard work and dedication.

I am not disappointed with this season at all! It entertained me. I ofen find shows boring when they lack contrast and drama.
    While I know a lot of people do watch this show for inspiration and motivation for weight loss it is also a reality TV show and people do watch for the entertainment value. If it had all been la di da and folks being nice to each other it would have been boring. Thing is people aren't like that and I watch reality TV because it is people being real and not politically correct.
    Shoepie and CrazyDutchWoman like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I noticed when Kim stepped on the scale she looking considerably thinner than at last week's weigh in- she looked "finale thin". Then it showed her losing 15lbs and I am juxtaposed at that. One on hand, she definitely looked much thinner than last week, but on the other hand...even with a 10-12 day "week" is it possible to lose 15lbs at her size? I don't remember anyone that thin losing that much this late in the game. I was surprised Conda lost 10, and when Allison said Kim had to lose 7 to beat her I figured she was a goner. That is a ton to lose...even in 10 days.

I was also surprised at the walk off. What happened to taking care of yourself and you will do well? So what if they brought someone else back? As long as you stay above the red/yellow line, you get to stay and as long as all your "friends" that have been there since day one work hard and stay above it too- they get to stay. You know if one of them even fell below the yellow line with the returnee they would all band together and vote them off (I don't see them handing out immunity to the newbie with 5 left) so where was the big threat? Babies!
    Midol likes this.

Haven't the board yet but want to chime in real fast....

I'm shocked Buddy went home. Those two grate on my nerves last night. So, because they walked out they don't get to participate in the weigh in next week for the spot of F3?

In a way I wonder if Jeremy and Conda started the whole "it isn't fair" tirade and then decided to stay...part of their game plan. AND I wish it was Jeremy in F2 and not Conda except for the fact that I don't think she works as hard so maybe Kim has more of a chance to win.

I honestly don't care who wins this season...I don't like any of them. There has never been a season where I haven't liked a contestant. Sad.

How in the heck did Kim loose 15 lbs!?!?!?!?!
    Midol likes this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I know it's kind of mean to say, but losing weight has not done Kim's face any favors. She's looked awful in so many shots tonight! Sometimes the face needs a little padding, as we get older, so it doesn't look so gaunt. She's looking a lot older - her body looks terrific but her face is too thin and showing every flaw.
    She has excess fluid under her eyes. My mom has this and it really ages you. My mom has had it since I was little. The surgery is expensive!!! My mom can't afford it but wished she could because it gets worse and worse and affects your eye sight.

I do think her eyes and dark skin make her look older. Wonder if she is naturally that dark or years of tanning.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

How did Kim lose 15 lbs? I think this was closer to 2 weeks, she is building some serious muscle allowing her to burn more calories, she may have tweaked her diet by omiting starch knowing it will speed loss. It definately shocked everyone.

FORT Fogey

If Mark and Buddy felt this strongly they should not have started the process, they had the contract, they signed it...I do hope we get to see them, but that they are NOT allowed in any part of the money either final challenge or the at home prize. They should be made to attend, and watch the others celebrate.

I hope that they do allow 2 eliminated folks back, and then we get to vote which of the 4 is in, as usual - voting OUT CONDA!

Well there are only 2 episodes left and I don't see how there can be any kind of vote off.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Mark posted a blog on his Facebook account:

"Why Leave?" Why leave? | Facebook

It's been a crazy, awesome experience...

My number one desire was to step out in faith and hopefully let my love for Christ and people be used to impact others in a way that they would know God exists and He loves them. I hopefully do that everyday in my church but this was to be something new and unique...really out of my "churchy" comfort zone.

I'll be honest, I threw myself into this mostly because I wanted my son to have this opportunity and to have hope again. Getting fit and healthy for myself was next on my list. I expected to go into this be around for a month or so...lose some weight...get some tips to help me get on the right track...then be sent home to continue on and allow my son to move forward in this journey. However, God had other plans.

Turns out, I was to spend a great deal of my time working on me, separate from my son. I needed (and still need) a lot of work, God knew this, and He brought me to a place of fully having to depend on Him to make it through. My family, my friends, my students, my church, even my son who joined me were all removed from me so that I had to stand there open before my Maker to deal with the flaws in my life. It has been the most humbling yet rewarding experience of my life.

Early on, God led me to a couple of verses that became, and continue to be, my focal points.
    First was this one:

"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus" Philippians 1:6

This verse helped me through many difficult and dark days in this journey. I camped on the fact that no matter what I was facing I could be confident of the fact that God had begun this work in me and He would not stop working on me until I was perfected. This doesn't just mean during this experience but also through the rest of my life.

The second was:

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14

When I began to get wind of how some were seeing me, I really struggled. It has been so hard to know how things are portrayed compared to how they really are and yet have no control or ability to communicate the truth. There are so many who have been given limited information through which they have formed opinions. This isn't their fault, but their words still hurt even though I keep telling myself that they don't see the whole picture...that is where this verse came to mean so much to me. I had to accept there are things out of my control and push forward to achieve the prize for which I was called. So even in the midst of the struggle I set my heart and eyes on the prize and received strength in Christ like nothing I've ever experienced before.

Now understand, we all may see the "prize" differently.b][ My prize has never been about money or material things, I walked into this being really clear that I didn't care about any of that. The prize I fought for was the ability to be a healthier, stronger witness for Christ; [/b]a better, more energetic husband to my amazing wife; a more loving and caring father to my children; and a pastor with renewed passion for the people I serve...I've received and will continue to receive these prizes.
    With two weeks left in this experience I had one more important issue to address and that was one of character and integrity. The right thing to do was to look at what God has accomplished in me through this and to be willing to stand up and surrender the value of material goods and potentially the opinions of others. This was not a protest, it is just my way of saying people/relationships matter more than money/popularity/fame.

We weren't kicked out...no one called us a cab...we weren't "demanding" we get our way; it was literally a peaceful decision to agree to disagree. It was just time for me to go.

I know many will still judge me, but that's okay. I never quit, I was just done with this part of God's shaping of the man who sits here typing this. He will never be done or give up on me and I will never stop pushing ahead to grow in Him and make known His love for all people. I am deeply thankful for this amazing experience and I have gained everything I possibly could from it. This show has changed my life.

Based on what you've seen if you believe I have failed, then I genuinely ask you to pray for me. I still have work to be done in me and I honestly value your grace and prayers.

However, if you believe I have done well through this, then thanks for your love and support. I genuinely ask you to pray for me...I still have work to be done in me and I value your grace and prayers.
    Lastly, I leave you with this challenging verse and say, "I won. I gained the prize that I was the most important."

"Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win." 1 Corinthians 9:24

Give grace, live truth, reflect Jesus.
    I bolded a bunch of stuff I thought was ridiculous or ironic. It seems to me Pastor Mark is hiding behind his religion and his bible quotes. First of all, how is this a 'difficult and dark journey?' It's a PRIVILEGE. These contestants were spoiled more than any others... trips to Hawaii? Difficult and dark, indeed.

Also he admits that he struggled with how "people were seeing him." He allied with a bully and her bully brother and that was not editing. Conda and Mark and others said the things they said. They bullied people and were mean. You can't edit that stuff in, and if you join up with a bully and hide behind that bully, that is not just "how we are seeing you"... it's what you did.

He states his prize was not winning the game... yet, he quit for that very reason? He was afraid that someone else "undeserving" was going to come in and snatch it out from under his alliance. That is what it comes down to. He said they weren't 'demanding' to get thier way, but when you simply walk out with all the contestants you are passive/aggressively bringing the show to a stand-still. You are breaking terms of a contract and whining that it isn't fair... you were hoping they would change things in your favour, and when the lawyer came in you found out you it wasn't going to work. To save face, you called it an ethical decision and quit.

"I never quit." Yes, Mark, you are in denial.

He said one thing I appreciated...
    Based on what you've seen if you believe I have failed, then I genuinely ask you to pray for me. I still have work to be done in me and I honestly value your grace and prayers.
    It's kind of a strange quote though. He's not admitting he did anything wrong, but he's asking for prayers based on our opinions. It's kind of strange.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by spockwhat; 04-18-2012 at 09:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread