+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Post office TBL prizes

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Post office TBL prizes

At our local post office, and I imagine yours, there is an entry form for a contest related to TBL. You write a letter to your favorite contestant. There is a drawing and you can win trips to the finale, a week at the ranch, several months of food delivered to the house (my favorite prize). They are pushing health oriented stamps, and this is a tie in, but I don't think you need to buy the stamps.

Of course I'm having trouble deciding who my favorite is, since it isn't an especially inspiring group.

FORT Fogey

Re: Post office TBL prizes

It's actually a month of heart healthy meals delivered to your home. That's my favorite prize too. You can address your letter to a contestant who has been voted off of the ranch. My favorite contestant is Santa/Roy. I asked a postal employee if I would end up on a mailing list, and he said probably not. What do you think? Could the contest be about the show wanting to find out what type of contestant viewers favor? When I first read about the prizes, it almost seemed as if I was a contestant at the ranch. It was exciting! I likely won't win, but I might enter the contest anyway. All entries must be received by 5/1/12.

Poor postal workers who have to deliver all that hate mail to Conda.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

They will choose the prize winners at random. I thought they might look for the 'best' letters. The post office will deliver three heart healthy meals a day to whoever wins that prize.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, sorry about exaggerating the food prize! Still pretty good though.

FORT Fogey

I likely won't enter the contest. I'm concerned about being put on mailing lists, and I don't have much chance of winning anyway. I've also never written a letter to a network. Maybe part of the reason for this contest is for those at the network to find out what type of contestant is popular. I would have written that I want Santa/Roy to win because he's kind and needy. Also, if anybody at NBC is reading this, I started muting Conda almost as soon as she started talking. She's mean, so I'm not interested in what she has to say. I don't feel any sympathy for her. I know that prizes aren't given to contestants based on how kind and needy they are, but I hope that Santa/Roy and Chris end up with enough money to fix their house.

FORT Fogey

I decided to definitely not enter the sweepstakes. I'm reading a book now about organizing paper. The author recommends to never enter sweepstakes as a way of avoiding being put on mailing lists.

I saw this contest, too, and was interested enough to grab a pamphlet. When I found out I had to write a letter to my favorite contestant, well, the pamphlet got tossed with the junk mail into the recycling bin. There were plenty of other wonderful people on other seasons, but this time I haven't found anyone especially inspiring, or all that likeable, to prompt me to write a letter to them. I'm proud of them for doing the work and losing the weight, that's definitely a lot of hard work, but their personalities are just not very engaging - and in some cases, pretty awful to watch!
    Can I write to Ali or Dolvett or the network itself to tell them this cast is pretty blech? Although, compared to some on Survivor this time, the bullying is a lot tamer! Still awful, though.

FORT Fogey

There was a pamphlet in my post office box. There might be thousands of viewers who wrote to NBC to complain about this season's contestants. The producers must be aware of how unlikeable the contestants are... but maybe not... maybe they think if they are clever enough, they can force viewers to root for this season's contestants.

+ Reply to Thread