+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 9 - 02/28/12

Well, trying to unload a brokedown house probably isn't financially feasible, so I wouldn't blame them for that. I find it puzzling that Chris would stay on the show - which, let's face it, she has little chance of winning - and leave her spouse to deal with the financial problems and continue not to bring any cash into the family. I'm sorry but I think that's ridiculous & it's a choice I cannot respect. Clearly, the pity ploy for good TV worked. I'm perfectly ok with footage of people dealing with life issues & inner demons as it relates to body image and weight - I think it's important & valuable to explore those things. But the Chris/Roy segment grated on me. There are lots of people struggling & at least these 2 don't have young kids to shelter, feed & clothe. Sorry they bought into a money pit but they don't get extra sympathy from me because they have weight problems. There were lots of people at their homecomings...maybe they should ask them for help with their roof.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Re: Season 13 - Episode 9 - 02/28/12

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Yes, bachelor watcher, I've been there, done that. I think with Chris and Roy though, first, there is the monetary problems of buying shingles (plywood, drywall, compound etc) and then they were quite overweight with health issues. I wouldn't want a guy like Roy who is older, weak and overweight up on a roof. Yikes. Now that they are in better shape perhaps doing some of the work is more of a possibility. I expect the fact that Roy is one of the few I actually like on this show, and that I despise the rest, could weigh in here.
    How does one learn about roof repair? Did you learn from others, or are you self-taught? Roy is very likeable. That's why he wasn't wanted in Conda's alliance/clique. Conda, Kim, Mark and Cassandra are like-minded, and like-minded individuals stick together.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Well, trying to unload a brokedown house probably isn't financially feasible, so I wouldn't blame them for that. I find it puzzling that Chris would stay on the show - which, let's face it, she has little chance of winning - and leave her spouse to deal with the financial problems and continue not to bring any cash into the family. I'm sorry but I think that's ridiculous & it's a choice I cannot respect. Clearly, the pity ploy for good TV worked. I'm perfectly ok with footage of people dealing with life issues & inner demons as it relates to body image and weight - I think it's important & valuable to explore those things. But the Chris/Roy segment grated on me. There are lots of people struggling & at least these 2 don't have young kids to shelter, feed & clothe. Sorry they bought into a money pit but they don't get extra sympathy from me because they have weight problems. There were lots of people at their homecomings...maybe they should ask them for help with their roof.
    According to their bios on the Biggest Loser website, there are 4 children at home aged 8 to 17. I got the impression from their segment that they had been unemployed, so Roy has started taking his Social Security. That may explain why it is only a small amount. It also looked like a rural farming area. Maybe not a lot of jobs available.
    Last edited by gatrmom; 03-01-2012 at 05:28 PM.

I find it puzzling that Chris would stay on the show - which, let's face it, she has little chance of winning
    Really?
    You may be right but I happen to believe that she is more committed to weight loss than most of the others.
    That and the fact that the producers seem to be steering the show back on track tells me that her chances may have improved drastically.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    Newbie here...but I too thought it was arrogant of Mark to think rules could be changed for him. I thought it a bit hypocritical that now he thinks the person who most needs more time at the ranch shouldn't be sent home. His alliance previously sent a lot of people home that still really needed more time at the ranch. Their previous elimination choices have seemed all about gameplay...until now. I understand his reaction, but I don't feel much sympathy for him. Quite different from last season where the eliminations seemed to be determined more often by who was closer to their goal, etc.
    to FORT, sunnydayz! I agree, that while I understand Mark's response on the emotional level, I can't believe he actually thought it would happen. The producers can't allow a person on one team to save one on another...or even the same team if it were this kind of situation where the one person who didn't make 5% had to be voted off. Illegal for sure, and certainly unfair. I doubt his teammates would appreciate it either!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by gatrmom View Post
    According to their bios on the Biggest Loser website, there are 4 children at home aged 8 to 17. I got the impression from their segment that they had been unemployed, so Roy has started taking his Social Security. That may explain why it is only a small amount. It also looked like a rural farming area. Maybe not a lot of jobs available.
    I thought Roy just had a grown daughter from a previous marriage. Why didn't they show Chris and Roy's children? Why hasn't Chris ever talked about their children?

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I thought Roy just had a grown daughter from a previous marriage. Why didn't they show Chris and Roy's children? Why hasn't Chris ever talked about their children?
    When Chris had that really awkward talk with Chism and Jeremy she mentioned that either Chism or Jeremy reminded her of her son.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Roy was the only one on the red team who was kind to Adrian.

It seems that Roy and Chris do have a plan, for him to win the at home prize and for her to stay as long as possible on the ranch perhaps setting herself up for the finale. From their POV (point of view) they still have just as good a chance of winning something as any other couple. From the POV of the viewer Roy and Chris may not have a chance but last season John won by consistently winning immunity Chris has also been very good about that.

With only 10 contestants left and 12 more episodes to go they have to bring back some previously eliminated contestants or have several more episodes where no one goes home. It doesn't make sense otherwise number wise.

+ Reply to Thread