+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 9 - 02/28/12

Re: Season 13 - Episode 9 - 02/28/12

Interesting show...more back to the contestants and THEIR journey... I liked it was sort of an 'individual' weigh in. Make your 5%, you're safe. Period.

Regarding Em at the bakery: Is there anything ever really good to get from a bakery? I don't think she would do that on purpose, show must have had a doing in it.

Same for Buddy and his fries/chiligrosslookindog. Guess they had to fill time with something? Sticking in the 'no excuse' theme.

I was kinda irked when Jeremy's cousin/friend's reaction when (playing pool) Jer ordered water. He whispered "water? wow" I was like really? Geee, thanx for support. They didn't show what he ate at the table, instead they showed how he talked about people 'slipping...it happens'. Has me curious as to what he ate.

I didn't feel like Cassandra had any support from family/friends re: cookie. Granted ONE cookie isn't going to sabatoge your diet, and maybe they did step in so she did eat just 1. Like mentioned, it's when you can't have 1 or 2 cookies that gets you in trouble. I do think she'll have trouble with this, but she seemed to have better control over than darn cookie than the pizza she was shaking like a leaf eating at the challenge! I was happy to see her sister support her at the gym...but, I did see her just standing there later on when Cass was jumping rope. Made me wonder if it was just for 'show' or she was tired because they'd been there long?

I too feel bad for Chris & Roy about their house falling apart. It can be a distraction and she seemed so upset. I think it portrays a lot of peoples' situations these days unfortunately. They are just one of many stuck in the "limited income" category and other things have to come first. But, like GabbyG said, maybe being more physically fit, they'll be able to tackle their housing problems themselves and save some $. If not, let's give a shout out to Mike Holmes. He's always looking to help someone on his show

I was nervous when they showed Em lifting at home w/ her Dad. I had hoped she warmed up. One of the hardest things has got to be to let her Dad know what she did. She is unlike the kids today...who, don't give a rat's butt how they come across or others' feelings. Her passion has changed. I hope her Dad does support her...and, I think he will. Just to see her exercising and taking care of herself again, how can he NOT be supportive?

I was proud that Buddy got with his friend and HE showed Buddy the 30 minutes express workout. Then, when Buddy said "let's do it again"...I was like "yay!" Good for him. Happy to see he was rewarded on scale. He probably had one of the biggest distractions at home...the new baby and wanting to (probably) give his wife a break here and there and help out....

Can I ask... What's with ALL the clothes? I see them packing to go home, packing to go back to the ranch... They seem to be packing an awful lot of clothes we never see them wear? I thought they wore the same looking outfit everyday?

I just knew Bob was going to kick their butts. After throwing the last weigh in (when he last saw them) and not having them for 2.5 weeks...oh yeah, he was foaming at the mouth to get to them!

Good for Chism winning the 10K, hope he uses it wisely. That's a lot of $ for someone his age! And, I think when Kim mouthed "whatever" to him, she seemed to have a friendly smile/smurk on her face when she did it. If she was trying to be mean, I don't think she would have had that look on her face and would have rolled her eyes while doing it.

I am REALLY tired of EVERY weigh in...Conda cries. Whether she makes her goal or not, it's always the shaky voice and crying. Get over it already!!!! ARGH!

Oh well Chism... Take your 10K and go home and continue to do what you're doing. I'll be really surprised if he wins the at-home prize, because of his age (mostly), I think he'll have problems. I wish him luck, but not optimistic. And, Mark isn't much taller than him...I made sure to notice at the end when they were saying goodbye.

The contestants should be HAPPY they are switching trainers next week. They obviously don't know your body can get used to certain exercises. You need to mix it up to keep progressing. On a side note, Conda will be happy (?) to get Dol back...I think?
    Last edited by Ryansmom; 02-29-2012 at 09:51 AM.

I'm probably alone in this, but I'm glad to see Chism go. I didn't have a problem with him til he buddied up with Jeremy. He didn't bully people himself per se, but he was a silent bystander. The two of them were a formidable voting bloc on the black team--I hope Jeremy feels a little more vulnerable now (and Chris a little safer).

I also had mixed feelings about Chris during this episode, particularly during the rowing challenge. She had a chance to win $10K in under an hour--with the roof over her head literally falling down--and she just didn't seem to give it her all. I suspect she's depressed to some extent. But she always seems to kind of go halfway and is definitely more prone to giving up than the rest of them.

I had to mute Cassandra at home. Her weird nervous giggling drives me crazy. We had to listen to her prattle about that cookie forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I like the fact Cassandra ate a cookie- everyone else just drooled over the "bad" food and ate salad and drank water, which is totally unrealistic. You are going to eat cookies in your life. You are going to have a beer with the boys. The key is to not eat an entire batch of cookies! That being said, I am not convinced that Cassandra is there yet- she still seems to have some major food phobias and all the shaking and freaking out about it leads me to believe she still needs some help in that area mentally.

I thought it was interesting that they didn't show that much of people working out at home (and barely any footage of Conda-woohoo!). I think the producers wanted us to believe they weren't doing well at home so we would think no one was getting immunity. I was also surprised that Chism had to lose 15lbs and Mark had to lose 12. Mark looks really good- like he's pretty close to goal, but Chism still looks like he has a ways to go- his is one of the only faces that is still pudgy. Is Mark considerably taller than his son? That might account for it.

I didn't get the impression that Emily's Dad was all that happy with her for not wanting to weight lift. It almost seemed forced for the camera that he said she could do anything she wanted- I didn't get the feeling he really meant it, which was sad. I like Emily and hope she does well.

Next week...more drama. The Bobbettes will lose him as their trainer and there will be many tears and "I can't do this without Bob" crying fits. Goody. Can't wait.

Mark is 6'0" and 215 and near his goal goal weight of 180lbs.

Chism is 5'11" and 282 and about 100+lbs away of a goal weight of about 170 - 180lbs.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I will admit I was crossing my fingers that Chism would not lose the 12 lbs. But the venom Mark spewed afterwards, demanding he be sent home instead and the producers need to get working on it NOW!. Can you imagine the venom he would have spewed if Chism had ever been voted off by the black team, it would have been worse that Daphne could have ever dreamed of doing.
    As for next week, the drama of how will they survive without Bob, how about working hard with Dolvette!

Mark wasn't spewing venom he was visibly upset and begging the producers to sent him home instead of Chism.
    NCLurker likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I'm probably alone in this, but I'm glad to see Chism go. I didn't have a problem with him til he buddied up with Jeremy. He didn't bully people himself per se, but he was a silent bystander. The two of them were a formidable voting bloc on the black team--I hope Jeremy feels a little more vulnerable now (and Chris a little safer). I also had mixed feelings about Chris during this episode, particularly during the rowing challenge. She had a chance to win $10K in under an hour--with the roof over her head literally falling down--and she just didn't seem to give it her all. I suspect she's depressed to some extent. But she always seems to kind of go halfway and is definitely more prone to giving up than the rest of them. I had to mute Cassandra at home. Her weird nervous giggling drives me crazy. We had to listen to her prattle about that cookie forever!
    It was interesting that both Mark and Chism weren't able to lose 5 percent of their weight. Mark, Chism and Kim might get back to their old habits when the show is over, and regain weight... since they were unable to lose the 5 percent... but, I don't care about those three anyway. I'm concerned about Chris and Roy, since they are struggling to survive. Also, they switched the trainers because they need drama to fill in two hours of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    It was interesting that both Mark and Chism weren't able to lose 5 percent of their weight. Mark, Chism and Kim might get back to their old habits when the show is over, and regain weight... since they were unable to lose the 5 percent... but, I don't care about those three anyway. I'm concerned about Chris and Roy, since they are struggling to survive. Also, they switched the trainers because they need drama to fill in two hours of the show.
    It's kind of scary how emotionally dependent these folks get to their trainers. A little scary too. Weight loss shouldn't depend on the trainer, the trainer is only part of the equation. You have to do the food, the homework yourself. You know someone should do a study on this subject I see a thesis lurking here.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I wonder if the guys there didn't "give it their all" while home? Figuring with the alliances, they were safe either way?? Nobody saw how that elimination was going to go...even Chism said he never thought of the possibility of him going home was possible till he heard Allison say what would happen if he didn't lose 12lbs.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ryansmom View Post
    I wonder if the guys there didn't "give it their all" while home? Figuring with the alliances, they were safe either way?? Nobody saw how that elimination was going to go...even Chism said he never thought of the possibility of him going home was possible till he heard Allison say what would happen if he didn't lose 12lbs.
    That's probably it. They had an alliance, plus Conda was working behind the scenes to protect her clique. It never occured to them that the producers would pull strings behind the scenes. Also, Mark ruthlessly voted Santa off of the show, then was loud and belligerent in demanding that his son get special treatment... very unlikeable
    Cootie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryansmom View Post
    Yes, that's the other reason I wasn't crazy about Chism. The only way you can be that confident is if you're in an alliance. I give kudos to him for admitting he never thought it was possible, though.

I'm sure Mark thought he came off as self-sacrificing, but I thought it arrogant. Dude, the show's not going to change the rules for you or anyone else.

I think this is my problem with most of the cast this season--so many of them think they're going to do it THEIR way.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    Yes, that's the other reason I wasn't crazy about Chism. The only way you can be that confident is if you're in an alliance. I give kudos to him for admitting he never thought it was possible, though.

I'm sure Mark thought he came off as self-sacrificing, but I thought it arrogant. Dude, the show's not going to change the rules for you or anyone else.

I think this is my problem with most of the cast this season--so many of them think they're going to do it THEIR way.
    Newbie here...but I too thought it was arrogant of Mark to think rules could be changed for him. I thought it a bit hypocritical that now he thinks the person who most needs more time at the ranch shouldn't be sent home. His alliance previously sent a lot of people home that still really needed more time at the ranch. Their previous elimination choices have seemed all about gameplay...until now. I understand his reaction, but I don't feel much sympathy for him. Quite different from last season where the eliminations seemed to be determined more often by who was closer to their goal, etc.

+ Reply to Thread