+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Season 13 - No Excuses - Spoilers and Speculations

Re: Season 13 - No Excuses - Spoilers and Speculations

Next week is makeover week, they are at the White House and the episode is only 1 hour long. A win, win, win situation. That being said when is the big twist of returning players coming back going to happen there are only 7 episodes left?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Maybe the reason the show is 2 part is this is where the walkout comes into play.
    There's no place like home!

I am so pissed right now. The coming week's TV Guide has an article about the White House/Makeover episode and they show a before and after photo of Kim. The After photo shows her all dressed up and states how amazed she is at fitting in a size 6 outfit. I know I have posted before on the dress size issues with women's clothes but this is ridiculous to see a 5'7" 164 lb women and say she is a size 6. I think Kim looks great in the after photo but don't BS about sizing.

I would rather get hips, waist and hips in inches and go to a sewing pattern size chart to figure out how big/small the contestants are then listen to the drivel the fashion industry spews about women's dress sizes in this country.

A standard size 6 in the US should measure 32" in the bust, 24" in the waist and 35" in the hips.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-01-2012 at 02:32 AM.
    captain likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I am so pissed right now. The coming week's TV Guide has an article about the White House/Makeover episode and they show a before and after photo of Kim. The After photo shows her all dressed up and states how amazed she is at fitting in a size 6 outfit. I know I have posted before on the dress size issues with women's clothes but this is ridiculous to see a 5'7" 164 lb women and say she is a size 6. I think Kim looks great in the after photo but don't BS about sizing.

I would rather get hips, waist and hips in inches and go to a sewing pattern size chart to figure out how big/small the contestants are then listen to the drivel the fashion industry spews about women's dress sizes in this country.

A standard size 6 in the US should measure 32" in the bust, 24" in the waist and 35" in the hips.
    Agreed. I was a size 6 for my wedding, just before all this size craziness started, and those were pretty much my measurements as I recall. I'm 5'6" and was (I repeat, was) 115 lbs at the time. Adjusting for height, that's at least a 45-lb difference!

I don't know why this sham continues. All women know that there's no meaning to sizes anymore. When I shop, I take a wild guess and never bring fewer than three sizes into the dressing room with me.

I know this is wandering further OT, but does anyone know if European clothing sizes are also so vanity-driven? A size 6 US is equal to size 14 UK. That seems weird to me & I wonder if it's always been that way.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I know this is wandering further OT, but does anyone know if European clothing sizes are also so vanity-driven? A size 6 US is equal to size 14 UK. That seems weird to me & I wonder if it's always been that way.
    Clothing sizes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

UK 8 10 12 14 16
    USA 6 8 10 12 14

Don't getting me started on sizes today. I had a size 6 or 8 jeans that were at least 10 years old. I held them up to a size 2 pair of jeans that were new (at that time). And yes, the size 6 (or 8) pair was SMALLER.

I am same height and weight as Kim and I'm not in a size 6. She may have more muscle than me but I do work out daily and I work out hard. I was 140lbs at a size 6 so she has to be a 10 or 12.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

The label I was looking at must have been an error, then. I know UK sizes are smaller than US.

The thing is, Kim probably can wear a size 6 dress. I'm the same height as her and I do weigh less, but I'm wearing size 4 pants right now, which is laughable considering when I was 25 lbs lighter 14 years ago, I regularly wore a 6. I have one pair of those old 6's left in my spare closet and they are too tight to be decent (unless I want to get my pic on The People of Wal-Mart).
    Shoepie and Allie like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I just hate this vanity sizing. Lets face it we are a fat nation. Own it, don't lie about it. If you don't like it do something about it but don't change the size labels that's just lying to your customer and the customers are lying to themselves.
    Allie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread