+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Season 13 - No Excuses - Spoilers and Speculations

Re: Season 13 - No Excuses - Spoilers and Speculations

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    After watching Mark last night and his demands, I am glad he is the one who walks off. If he had been so concerned over his son, why didn't he help him out?

I am a little confused here since Mark and Chism are father and son and Chism still lives at home I am assuming that they worked out together and prepped their meals together. What more could he do? On the show he offered to go in Chism's place, but the producers wouldn't let that happen. Even if Mark quit the show to go home with Chism by quitting he would have been ineligible for the at home prize. What more could Mark do?

Sidebar: I do think Mark is being cited as a bully and demanding because of his association with the Queen of Evil, Conda. If this had been another season I don't think anyone would have critized his outburst during the weight in.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I think I would have still had a problem with his outburst. They must not have been working out together, at least it was not shown. Chism is young and returned home to visit and contacted his buddies, that is my theory. That is what most young kids do when they come home from college, etc.
    There's no place like home!

Well neither the father nor the son achieved the 5% weight loss so they only had themselves to blame.
    I also thought that Mark's outburst was the first true glimpse we've had into his real character.
    He was far too aggressive and in my opinion "Entitled".
    To even suggest that his son should not have to face the consequences was disrespectful to every contestant who has ever fallen below the yellow line and gone home.
    sunshine3331 likes this.

Watched Chism's vlog (video blog) and he lost 5 lbs his first week at home and is now 277.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Lad View Post
    Well neither the father nor the son achieved the 5% weight loss so they only had themselves to blame.
    I also thought that Mark's outburst was the first true glimpse we've had into his real character.
    He was far too aggressive and in my opinion "Entitled".
    To even suggest that his son should not have to face the consequences was disrespectful to every contestant who has ever fallen below the yellow line and gone home.
    Agreed.

If Mark walks because his son is not one of the ones to come back...unless it was because his son specifically could not come back, whereas all the other eliminated contestants could, then I call bogus on his "standing up for what is right".
    sunshine3331 and Jim Lad like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

"entitled" is exactly how I would explain Mark's actions...good word to use! Now that the shoe is on the other foot, and they don't have anyone to pick on and send home, it's starting to 'hurt'.... karma bus stop #1 folks.
    sunshine3331 likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Sidebar: I do think Mark is being cited as a bully and demanding because of his association with the Queen of Evil, Conda. If this had been another season I don't think anyone would have critized his outburst during the weight in.
    I definitely think there is truth here. Take the opposite situation (forget being neutral on Mark for a moment). If we all had had some reason to absolutely adore Mark up to this point, I think we would have been more gentle about his outburst.
    For myself, I hated his outburst simply because I thought it was over the top dramatic. Fine if he wants to ask if he can go home instead of his son, that would be a nice thing for a parent to do. Yucky if he's acting like his son going home is sure death. I also kind of despise Mark. I think he's teamed with some real bullies on this show and he's hiding behind them... and since he is a youth pastor and a grown adult, I do kind of hold him up to some higher standards than the younger idiots on the show.
    Maybe that's not quite fair, but you can't beat down people when you vote them out and act like it doesn't matter, but cry and wail and pretend it's a tragedy when your son goes (and it's his own fault.) You can't have it both ways.

As for the 'wikipedia spoilers', looks like they are unfounded.
    I also checked out Mark's page and didn't see anything where he says he was the one who walked, so though I wouldn't be surprised if he did, we'll see on that too.
    One thing that struck me though, Mark doesn't have a lot of weight left to lose, and there are a few weighins yet... we'll see how he manages to get to the end if he can get there.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 03-01-2012 at 11:23 AM.
    sunshine3331 likes this.

As a youth pastor, you'd think Mark would step it up and be a role model, instead of joining Conda's bully group. He's not a leader at all.

According to what I read earlier, I checked the Wiki page and if they were listed in order of elimination, I was expecting Megan to go home. Soon as she lost her 5%, I knew the Wiki page was random order.
    Bearcata likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I definitely think there is truth here. Take the opposite situation (forget being neutral on Mark for a moment). If we all had had some reason to absolutely adore Mark up to this point, I think we would have been more gentle about his outburst.
    For myself, I hated his outburst simply because I thought it was over the top dramatic. Fine if he wants to ask if he can go home instead of his son, that would be a nice thing for a parent to do. Yucky if he's acting like his son going home is sure death. I also kind of despise Mark. I think he's teamed with some real bullies on this show and he's hiding behind them... and since he is a youth pastor and a grown adult, I do kind of hold him up to some higher standards than the younger idiots on the show.
    Maybe that's not quite fair, but you can't beat down people when you vote them out and act like it doesn't matter, but cry and wail and pretend it's a tragedy when your son goes (and it's his own fault.) You can't have it both ways.

As for the 'wikipedia spoilers', looks like they are unfounded.
    I also checked out Mark's page and didn't see anything where he says he was the one who walked, so though I wouldn't be surprised if he did, we'll see on that too.
    One thing that struck me though, Mark doesn't have a lot of weight left to lose, and there are a few weighins yet... we'll see how he manages to get to the end if he can get there.
    I did go to his page when it was noted last week that he was tweeting he had left the show and that he stood by his moral decision to do so. I have not been to that page since and it probably was deleted but living on in cyberspace floating along lost to us forever.

13th they go to singles.

Should get interesting!

+ Reply to Thread