+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 8 - 02/21/12

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Season 13 - Episode 8 - 02/21/12

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    Okay folks, Let's drop the discussion of race and racism. This is a show about weight loss. The racism and psychoanalysis discussions have a place, but it's not on this site. Let's get back on the topic, which is the events of last night's episode
    Quote Originally Posted by sheila
    Several people, not just me, claim that this was done out of racism, and NBC put up with the crap for way too long, until the final four, it seems.
    I'm starting to forget what the last episode was all about. Oh, right, Daphne got voted off by the AnaConda and her snake friends and Bob and Dolvett aren't doing enough to stop them.

Apparantly the next episode they are sending the kids home for a couple of weeks. I expect they are hoping to try to put the mess of this episode behind them and are trying to get the group focused on weight loss again. I really hope it works for some of them. (Well, I hope it would work for all of them, but I'm just not holding my breath.)

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Folks, let's review what a spoiler is. Here's the link to the site rules concerning spoilers: http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...s#faq_spoilers

Please note the bolded statement: We consider information from sources other than the show itself to be spoilers. That means info mined from Facebook, Twitter, TMZ, real media, blogs, and anywhere else that didn't happen on the the show that has aired. Now, you can post spoilers if you properly cloak them. To do so type [spoiler] then your spoiler and close the spoiler with [/ spoiler] (without the space between the / and the s). Alternatively, post your spoiler in the Spoilers thread in this sub forum.

Not everyone wants to be spoiled, so please be respectful to the community at large.

Thanks!
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Folks, let's review what a spoiler is. Here's the link to the site rules concerning spoilers: http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...s#faq_spoilers Please note the bolded statement: We consider information from sources other than the show itself to be spoilers. That means info mined from Facebook, Twitter, TMZ, real media, blogs, and anywhere else that didn't happen on the the show that has aired. Now, you can post spoilers if you properly cloak them. To do so type [spoiler] then your spoiler and close the spoiler with [/ spoiler] (without the space between the / and the s). Alternatively, post your spoiler in the Spoilers thread in this sub forum. Not everyone wants to be spoiled, so please be respectful to the community at large. Thanks!
    Thank you for your post.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I just started a season 13 - No Excuses - Spoilers and Speculation thread, hopefully all this will be moved there.
    Thank you for starting the spoiler/speculation thread.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, back to something that I think is not a spoiler since it was in the previews...Chris lying on the ground gasping, and you get the impression medical people are gathering. Seems like more than just falling off the treadmill. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    OK, back to something that I think is not a spoiler since it was in the previews...Chris lying on the ground gasping, and you get the impression medical people are gathering. Seems like more than just falling off the treadmill. Any thoughts?
    Wondering if it was a panic attack or if maybe she tore or pulled something.

Chris and Santa were one of my favs and I hope she will be OK especially since she has gotten below 197. I think this weight loss journey is something that will really effect Chris's self esteem.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Being in a very stressful environment can cause people to develop physical symptoms. I think Conda's actions might have caused Chris to develop physical symptoms. Conda is telling people what to do: gain weight and vote Daphne out... while Chris is thinking and acting independently.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 02-26-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Being in a very stressful environment can cause people to develop physical symptoms. I think Conda's actions might have caused Chris to develop physical symptoms. Conda is telling people what to do: gain weight and vote Daphne out... while Chris is thinking and acting independently.
    I am surprised that Chris is doing as well as she is as far as being to lose about 5 lbs a week considering she is under a very stressful situation, that of being the outcast on her team always under threat of being voted out, losing her partner on the ranch and yes being involved in that debacle of a weight in.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I am surprised that Chris is doing as well as she is as far as being to lose about 5 lbs a week considering she is under a very stressful situation, that of being the outcast on her team always under threat of being voted out, losing her partner on the ranch and yes being involved in that debacle of a weight in.
    Chris is too attached to Bob. For her own well-being, I think Chris should spend the next week learning as much as she can from Bob, the doctors and the nutritionist... and then leave. I think Daphne had the right idea: get even with Conda by switching the teams that Conda and Conda's brother are on... then leave. Daphne knew the environment was toxic, but Chris seems to be stuck in a rut.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I agree with you entirely because bullying can have that effect on people. In general, NBC has had ample opportunity to kick Ana Conda out of the ranch, but they don't appear to be doing it on this preview.

+ Reply to Thread