+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

I am at a loss. How is it immoral or unethical to keep Conda on a reality tv show? What exactly has she done? Every reality show has people that lie to stay in the game. She has never struck another person, stolen anything (that we know of), committed any kind of crime. She is on the show to win and doing it any way she can. She does stir the pot and admits it. She was able to get several of the others to "drink her koolaid" and follow her lead. There is no doubt once they turn on each other, things will heat up.
    Shoepie and spockwhat like this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    Sheila did not write that she diagnosed Ana Conda with narcissistic personality disorder. :) Sheila said that Ana Conda is a narcissist and has displayed narcissistic traits. These two terms are not medical. A diagnosis never runs "narcissist," but rather "sociopath" or "narcissistic personality disorder." The terms Sheila uses are valid, believe me, she uses them in her peer-reviewed scholarly publications too.

As for the morality of the issue, my argument is that NBC has the moral obligation to remove her, but precisely because, as you say, ethics have nothing to do with a reality show, this is why they won't remove her. I never predicted they would remove her, but it is immoral and unethical to keep her.
    I didn't say that but in your own posts (#62 and #65) you said "we should not diagnose" in response to spockwhat saying Conda is passive aggressive but that is exactly what you are doing when you call Conda narcissistic.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 02-11-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I am at a loss. How is it immoral or unethical to keep Conda on a reality tv show? What exactly has she done? Every reality show has people that lie to stay in the game. She has never struck another person, stolen anything (that we know of), committed any kind of crime. She is on the show to win and doing it any way she can. She does stir the pot and admits it. She was able to get several of the others to "drink her koolaid" and follow her lead. There is no doubt once they turn on each other, things will heat up.
    And isn't that the entire point. We live in this society that likes to push political correctness which is a bit of a joke because real people act in all kinds of ways and although we may not like it Conda acts like many people do. If reality shows had to be ethical and moral who would watch them? Look at Big Brother, the Housewives, Jersey Shore. People don't watch those shows because people are nice to each other.
    spockwhat likes this.

What happened after Nancy was voted off: Hulu - The Biggest Loser: Nancy's Elimination: The Aftermath.

Ah...everyone doesn't like Adrian not just the Red Team.

At least in the video you can see who is on who's side. It will be interesting once they go singles.

Guys, we can definitely agree to disagree. Peace.

Pax.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I've been thinking about the alliances on this show and I reading around, many are questioning why Mark is allied with Conda at all.
    I think the true alliance here is between buddies Chism and Jeremy and Conda and Mark. Chism and Jeremey and Conda are very close, and Mark is in because Chism is his son. Right now, Mark and Conda are allied with Kim and to a lesser extent Buddy to keep a strong four for the red team. It's interesting to me that Chism and Jeremy targeted Mrs. Santa because obviously Roy is not a part of the red team four and his wife isn't in their alliance plans either. I was happy to see that they are not exactly getting what they wish. (Mrs. Santa stayed despite their votes)

If the above is true, then the question is: how much are the red team trying to protect Chism and Jeremy? Certainly they wanted Adrian gone far sooner, and how far would they go to protect the boys, knowing they have enough votes on the Red team to keep the alliance safe in the eliminations?
    If the black team has anyone on there with brains at all, they will be gunning for Chism or Jeremy the next time the black team faces an elimination. If they don't, once they merge, everyone but the alliance are in trouble.

Of course, this is all conjecture so take it with a grain (or tub) of salt, whatever you wish.

All that said, that Conda shows so much more passive agressive behaviours than she does narcissism. Just sayin. I'm teasing! Pax to all.

I can see the alliance being that way, spockwhat. Hopefully Conda, Jeremy, and Kim will be soon!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I agree about the alliance. NO one was jumping up and down screaming water logging when Chism only lost 2 lbs. When the red team selected someones weight not to count, why didn't they use either Jeremy or Chism's...just things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm.
    mandmmom2 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread