+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 99
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

  1. #71
    FORT Fogey captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Follow the Yellow Brick Road
    Posts
    4,386

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    NBC will not remove her, they are getting the most bang for their buck from her. People tune in just to see her latest escapade and if she will get voted off. There is nothing like drama to sell a show.
    There's no place like home!

  2. #72
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,313

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    The original Narcissus was in love with his own reflection. Narcissists are selfish. They think others are there just to serve them. They can't grasp the fact that others have needs. They lack empathy.

  3. #73
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,774

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    With all due respect (I mean that ), nobody diagnosed Ana Conda with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. We simply cannot and most people are not qualified. However, narcissistic traits, or any other traits, are possible to observe. Personally I think she is a narcissist and possibly a destructive one. As to what causes narcissism, nature (as Freud said) or nurture, that's probably a chicken and the egg causality dilemma. The bottom line is that Ana Conda is a very negative and toxic person who should not be allowed in such an environment, especially seeing that most people on TBL are emotionally fragile and are trying to rebuilt their self-esteem and change their lives. It is also possible that she simply brings out the worst in people who would otherwise be much nicer. NBC needs to remove her, if they care about their viewers and contestants.
    You do realize that what we are currently seeing was filmed several months ago and NBC and the Biggest Loser Producers did not know the reaction of viewers. At this point the only thing the producers and NBC can control is Conda's appearance at the finale. Do you really think they will not ask her to come?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  4. #74
    FORT Fan sheila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    196

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    I think they need to remove her. But I agree with you that they won't, and yes, I think they will ask her to come at the finale. The good news is that they are not like The Bachelor, where they have a special show to go over all the drama. The lesser of the two evils is that TBL new finale format gives them the option to push people to the background and focus on others. If I had to speculate, I think that Ana Conda will not be one of the final three, nor will she have a real chance for the at home price, but I could be wrong. It's therefore easy to not give her center stage any more.

    Now the ethical thing NBC would have to do, and which I doubt they have done, is to remove her for being toxic, especially in such an environment. I also think that Dolvett, whom I really like, is too soft on both Ana Conda and Kim.

  5. #75
    CCL
    CCL is offline
    Climbing Solsbury Hill CCL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    8,581

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    Honestly, I don't like Conda at all, but she's not a serial killer. It's not like she's going to haul off and physically injure someone or drive them to the brink of suicide. Noone has to listen to her, or follow her dictates. And it's a game show, it's not real life. I don't think she should be removed until she's voted off (which I hope is sooner than later).
    spockwhat likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

  6. #76
    chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,096

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    Agreed. I actually have quite a distaste for Kim and Mark who are hiding behind Conda's bullying behaviour. I understand it works for their game, but it's allowing for distasteful behaviour to your own benefit. Yuck.

    We've had to deal with the likes of Vicki and Heba in the past, I guess we'll have to put up with this bunch.

    Nancy was playing it very diplomatically in her post show interviews... when asked about Conda, she said that Conda could be very sweet, but was also "a little stinker." Isn't that a phrase usually reserved for small children who have a tendancy to get into trouble? Conda is a grown woman for heaven's sake.
    sweetpea likes this.

  7. #77
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,313

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Nancy was playing it very diplomatically in her post show interviews... when asked about Conda, she said that Conda could be very sweet, but was also "a little stinker." Isn't that a phrase usually reserved for small children who have a tendancy to get into trouble?
    It makes sense because narcissists have the emotional maturity of a three-year-old.

  8. #78
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,774

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    How come on post 62 sheila says we aren't supposed to diagnose that Conda is passive aggressive but it's OK for sheila to diagnose that Conda is narcissistic? You can't have it both ways.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  9. #79
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,774

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    I think they need to remove her. But I agree with you that they won't, and yes, I think they will ask her to come at the finale. The good news is that they are not like The Bachelor, where they have a special show to go over all the drama. The lesser of the two evils is that TBL new finale format gives them the option to push people to the background and focus on others. If I had to speculate, I think that Ana Conda will not be one of the final three, nor will she have a real chance for the at home price, but I could be wrong. It's therefore easy to not give her center stage any more.

    Now the ethical thing NBC would have to do, and which I doubt they have done, is to remove her for being toxic, especially in such an environment. I also think that Dolvett, whom I really like, is too soft on both Ana Conda and Kim.
    What does being ethical have anything to do with a reality tv show? What has Conda really done besides be herself and behave badly.

    I wish it was so easy to remove toxic people from life, we regular human beings just have to deal otherwise we would all be calling NBC for toxic people removal.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  10. #80
    FORT Fan sheila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    196

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    How come on post 62 sheila says we aren't supposed to diagnose that Conda is passive aggressive but it's OK for sheila to diagnose that Conda is narcissistic? You can't have it both ways.
    Sheila did not write that she diagnosed Ana Conda with narcissistic personality disorder. Sheila said that Ana Conda is a narcissist and has displayed narcissistic traits. These two terms are not medical. A diagnosis never runs "narcissist," but rather "sociopath" or "narcissistic personality disorder." The terms Sheila uses are valid, believe me, she uses them in her peer-reviewed scholarly publications too.

    As for the morality of the issue, my argument is that NBC has the moral obligation to remove her, but precisely because, as you say, ethics have nothing to do with a reality show, this is why they won't remove her. I never predicted they would remove her, but it is immoral and unethical to keep her.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.