+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 99
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

  1. #31
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,573

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I had to watch late last night because I had to work late. Sigh.

    Cassandra is about the only person I like so far. Megan and Buddy are next in line. The rest can go.

    Mark was talking about how Adrian didn't loose enough and he should be loosing a lot because of his size. I do think that Adrian couldn't do right by anyone on the red team. If he would have lost a lot more then Mark and the others would have said he water loaded the week before. But since he didn't loose a lot, they are saying he isn't giving it his all. Adrian just couldn't win either way. Adrian is right in saying that red team didn't like him from the start. Before him and his sister even got on the scale the red team started rolling their eyes and saying it wasn't right that they get another chance. The red team is so immature except for Roy and maybe Buddy.

    Next week will be interesting between Daphne and Conda. I sure hope Conda goes home soon. She is just as toxic as Adriane was, if not more. She was the source of drama before he arrived and with him there it just escalated. I do wonder if there wouldn't be as much drama if it weren't for her and Adriane on the same team. I wonder if he would have been more accepted if it weren't for Conda and her negativity and gossip and story making.
    As a returnee Adrian was going to have a hard time as any person introduced into an established group will. We have seen it before on Biggest Loser and other reality TV Shows. He did have an equalizer with immunity the first week. But seriously you cannot say Adrian did not compound his own problems by the way he acted and the things he said. He constantly interpreted anything anyone said in a very negative way. He threw things out and stirred up a lot of trouble not only on the Red Team but the Black Team. He also had the toxic waste dump that is Conda and Kim to deal with. Still he had two weeks, 14 days to show he could be a valuable member of the team regardless of his own toxic personality. Even Buddy had a point where he was thinking it might be better to keep Adrian because he was a bigger guy and could theoretically post larger numbers and help the team win the weigh ins. I don't think it was a sure thing Adrian was going home last night but he gave everyone a lot of ammunition to help him on his way. Regardless of his (Adrian) behavior I really appreciated that Mark tried to have a one on one discussion with Adrian and Adrian refused to let it happen.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  2. #32
    FORT Fogey captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Follow the Yellow Brick Road
    Posts
    4,369

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    Conda is like the person who stirs up the pot, sits back, and watches the pot start to boil, with digs in constantly. Once the pot boils over she is "so shocked" because she did not do anything. I have worked with a lot of people like her and you never turn your back on them or you are under the bus so fast and she is driving it.
    NFL1 and sweetpea like this.
    There's no place like home!

  3. #33
    chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,087

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    Bearcata, I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree. I think there was a very small percentage that Adrian could have moved forward... however, Conda had his number day one and would have twisted anything he said (or added to it, as we saw) and then gossiped among the others to make sure they were against him.
    Did he have too big a mouth? Yes. Was he too defensive? Absolutely. Perhaps keeping his head down and working hard would have served him better in the long run, but I'm still doubtful it would have made a difference. Possibly Roy or Kimmy may have gone before him, but Conda decided she wasn't going to like him from the beginning and he was going to go, sooner or later. I don't know, you do have to take it week by week, and if he had played better, perhaps he would have made it another week, and then won immunity until merge...
    But people have their pride, and I know I would have difficulty being meek with a snot nosed brat like Conda too. Even if there was a game on the line.
    I think Bob handled the newbie and group better than Dolvett, but then, Dolvett had a little more to deal with.

    Conda. I think what bugs me so much about her is that she acknowledges that she is a gossip, a complainer, and disrespectful to Dolvett, but she puts in no effort to change those things about herself. Even when Dolvett was reading the complain list, she showed no emotion except to sit there and do that empty little grin. She just doesn't care how her behaviour affects others, it means nothing to her. And yet she'll fabricate things in order to feel angry about others and hate them.
    That's a scary thing in a human being.
    sweetpea and mandmmom2 like this.

  4. #34
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,573

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Bearcata, I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree. I think there was a very small percentage that Adrian could have moved forward... however, Conda had his number day one and would have twisted anything he said (or added to it, as we saw) and then gossiped among the others to make sure they were against him.
    Did he have too big a mouth? Yes. Was he too defensive? Absolutely. Perhaps keeping his head down and working hard would have served him better in the long run, but I'm still doubtful it would have made a difference. Possibly Roy or Kimmy may have gone before him, but Conda decided she wasn't going to like him from the beginning and he was going to go, sooner or later. I don't know, you do have to take it week by week, and if he had played better, perhaps he would have made it another week, and then won immunity until merge...
    But people have their pride, and I know I would have difficulty being meek with a snot nosed brat like Conda too. Even if there was a game on the line.
    I think Bob handled the newbie and group better than Dolvett, but then, Dolvett had a little more to deal with.

    Conda. I think what bugs me so much about her is that she acknowledges that she is a gossip, a complainer, and disrespectful to Dolvett, but she puts in no effort to change those things about herself. Even when Dolvett was reading the complain list, she showed no emotion except to sit there and do that empty little grin. She just doesn't care how her behaviour affects others, it means nothing to her. And yet she'll fabricate things in order to feel angry about others and hate them.
    That's a scary thing in a human being
    .
    Conda reminds of that person who (deliberately) says something very loudly and repeatedly over and over again with such emphasis regardless whether or not it is true she acts as if is true. I honestly believe she would burn a person at the stake, hang someone and never feel guilty about it only vindicated. I can see her indicting a crowd to riot. She like Adrian does not listen, buts loves to be right and will grind a person into the ground. I can see her torturing little children, puppies and kittens. She looks almost possessed when she goes into her "see I am right" mode. I would never let her near a gun or explosives.

    Ali came back and won her season. Does anyone know the stats of other returnees?
    sweetpea and mandmmom2 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  5. #35
    Go CATS!!!! mandmmom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,780

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    I worked with someone who was a lot like Conda. They could pass as twins. When she started at work I tried to befriend her but once I realized that nothing you do is right, that you will get trampled on, that you will become negative, etc I stopped hanging out with her. I would smile and say high but that was about it. Eventually she HATED me!!! She made my life at work miserable. And that is an understatement. She found fault in everything I did, said, and wore. She told people I was stuck up because I always matched and looked nice. What?!?!?! That's just a tad of what she did. The day she resigned and her last day....I sang the Hallelujah chorus!!! It was funny seeing how people realized how everyone got along better and less tension in the office after she left.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

  6. #36
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    This season is almost unwatchable. I thought we were supposed to like the contestants and want them to lose weight? Almost all of the contestants this season are highly unlikeable.

  7. #37
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,284

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    Yes, Conda is definitely a narcissist, but sadly for her, she is not a productive narcissist. I strongly believe that she will gain the weight back judging from her general behavior. Her current sidekick is also a narcissist and a self-destructive one too...
    Conda and Kim: birds of a feather... but, some narcissists are much worse than others.

  8. #38
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,573

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    Quote Originally Posted by junedet1 View Post
    This season is almost unwatchable. I thought we were supposed to like the contestants and want them to lose weight? Almost all of the contestants this season are highly unlikeable.
    I am not even worried about liking anyone this season although I have one or two favorites, I just consider this season a train wreck and tune in each week to seat back and enjoy the CHAOS and DRAMA and wondering can any one lose weight in this environment. It is getting so ridiculous that you have to laugh about it.
    spockwhat likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  9. #39
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,284

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Yeah, I don't think that's doing her any favours, either, PWS. I think what he meant was that he really didn't want them to be fake about feeling bad about voting him out. Because he and we all know they don't feel sorry about it at all. The thing about having an alliance like Buddy, Mark, Conda and Kim have is that you may end up voting out people who could be strong for the team and keeping people that will break the team down. Red has been losing a lot lately because they are voting purely on alliance lines... and weakening themselves in the process. I totally don't blame Adrian for calling them out. He didn't behave very maturely and I think Dolvett made a good call saying that Adrian doesn't listen well, but definitely Adrian has been on the ropes from the beginning... he could have been a saint and he'd still be going home this week. Conda found one weakness (Adrian's defensiveness) and used it against him. He was kind of dumb to let her do it though. I understand games have alliances but I always feel bad for the people I like who are on the outs... like: Papa Smurf (forget Santa, he's getting too small to be Santa). He is done. My guess is that Adrian and Papa see Mark as the ringleader and went after him because of it. Too little too late.
    I hope no one in Conda's alliance wins any money. Maybe they can have them playing as individuals soon. It's been a while since I've watched 'Survivor.' Don't they sometimes rearrange the tribes? Maybe they can do that with the two teams on the Biggest Loser. I hope they don't let Conda continue to be in charge.

  10. #40
    FORT Fan sheila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    196

    Re: Season 13 - Episode 6 - 02/07/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I am not even worried about liking anyone this season although I have one or two favorites, I just consider this season a train wreck and tune in each week to seat back and enjoy the CHAOS and DRAMA and wondering can any one lose weight in this environment. It is getting so ridiculous that you have to laugh about it.
    I cannot agree with you more. After having watched so many seasons, I believe that the ones who win and who are ultimately successful are those who are very focused on losing the weight and changing their lives. Those who are into drama usually go. I would actually be disappointed in NBC if they are influencing the Red Team to keep Ana Conda a while longer for her questionable entertainment value.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.