+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Season 13- Episode 3- 01/17/12

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Season 13- Episode 3- 01/17/12

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Lauren started at 246 at 5'5". She lost 9lbs + 4lbs +3lbs = 16lbs in 3 weeks at the ranch weighting in at 230. Altogether she has lost 53lbs which means we saw her at 193lbs in the How They Look Now segment. She has 63lbs to lose to reach her goal weight of 130lbs. If she reaches her goal she would have lost 116lbs which is loosing about 47% of her starting body weight.

Nancy is the one who started out the season weighting in at 217lbs.
    Yikes, right you are... looking at the wrong row on my chart..sorry!

And I had the exact same thought about that lipstick of Allison's--UGH! And I practically never notice make up.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I don't usually care about looks period, but that lipstick was too vampirish to not make a mention!

As for the sushi/rice issue, I was kind of surprised that it was mentioned by the nutrionist too. I guess she felt it wasn't ideal weight loss food, because white rice doesn't fill you up quickly like whole grains do. (no fiber) That said, it is the traditional (and emphasis on the traditional here, I don't want to start anything) staple of some of the thinnest countries in the world. I should note that along with the rice, the other staples are fish and veggies. And they don't generally go out for Subway or MickeyD's on the weekends.
    All of that said, if I eat 8 pieces of California roll, maybe throw in a yogourt, that's a four hundred calorie meal for me and quite satisfying. But I'm also not trying to lose 8-10 pounds each week.

The thing with is it is like pasta and high on the glycemic index. It makes your blood sugar go high then crash. That is why you feel so sleepy after eating a lot of pasta. The entire point of most weight loss plans is to keep your blood sugar as stable as possible and not swing widely, therefore eating less.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

As per previews, I would love to see the red team give 110% and take notice to Conda's slacking (that's what it seems like according to preview). IF they lose, I hope they use that reason to get rid of her.....
    mandmmom2 likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I thought the whole Chinese food thing could have used some emphasis that there are decent choices at a Chinese restaurant....seemed like a slam at whole lot of mom and pop stores, traditional stepping stone for immigrants. Believe me, I was just in China and that was NOT what I was offered to eat! And the Chinese were not obese...not starving, at least where I went in the cities, but certainly didn't look like Americans. Chinese Americans, at least the older ones most likely to eat a traditional Chinese diet, aren't obese either. The problem isn't Chinese food per se, but what Americans choose from Chinese cuisine.
    A lot the dishes are either modified to make them more appealing to Americans or, like chop suey so I've heard, invented here.

There is a "real" Chinese resturant here that is yummy! There are things on the menu that isn't good for you but they also offer healthy meals too...really good ones. Don't get fried rice...get grain rice or none at all. BUT I do avoid eating there a lot b/c of the sodium.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Yes, that stuff wasn't so much Chinese food as it is fast food with some Asian flavor. I have never been to China but I don't think they dish up that gross gloppy red sauce with their food. (I hope, anyway.) I confess I do love fried rice but I do know it's highly caloric so I don't indulge that often. Actually, I far prefer Vietnamese or Thai food because I like food spicy enough to make my eyes water.

I liked Ali's lipstick. It took the edge off her cheerleader-next-door look, which does get old. The way she was grinning during the weigh-in, I think she was enjoying it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    There is a "real" Chinese resturant here that is yummy! There are things on the menu that isn't good for you but they also offer healthy meals too...really good ones. Don't get fried rice...get grain rice or none at all. BUT I do avoid eating there a lot b/c of the sodium.
    The recipe for sweet and sour pork that I looked up includes soy sauce, which is high in sodium. I will leave out the soy sauce, and cook the pork in pineapple juice, vinegar and onions, and see how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    The recipe for sweet and sour pork that I looked up includes soy sauce, which is high in sodium. I will leave out the soy sauce, and cook the pork in pineapple juice, vinegar and onions, and see how it turns out.
    If I do soy sauce it's low sodium but even still it has way too much for me. When I make Chinese at home I typically go for the pineapple juice. There are other options also.

Now I'm wanting Chinese.....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar

I know I am way late on chiming in.. but I think the REAL reason they voted out Lauren .. is she didn't have a family member on the other team ... she was one of the 'individuals" ...
    Wasting away another summer...

+ Reply to Thread