+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Season 13: Episode 2 (01/10/12)

Re: Season 13: Episode 2 (01/10/12)

I think Bob is afraid of losing his position. He has not a competition except when Jillian was not there. Even last season he took credit for the win even though, cannot remember his name any more, worked with Dolvett in the end. I would almost put money on that Dolvett and Bob are not best of buds and that is because of Bob's superior attitude. I think you can tell I have not ever drank Bob's koolaid. In all practactially Dolvett's team did win the weigh in, just the idiot bet lost it for them. Bob is not going to be happy again.
    There's no place like home!

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Conda, really, your 22 year old brother needs big sis to defend him. While overall defending your family is a nice sentiment was it really warranted in this situation? I thought Conda was overly sensitive and the way she said it out loud at last week's weigh in comes across as she can be one vindictive bitch. I normally do not watch the vote off as it is boring and overly sentimental but I watched tonight and watching the expression on Conda's face was like watching a pit bull in complete fight mode and it also came across incredibly vindictive and personal. A week after the previous weight in and nothing was said about Mike calling Jeremy a "tank" until this moment? Why? That being said when Mike finally revealed true emotion, that he felt abandoned by his brother I was amazed that Conda's bitch mode was shut down and she too became a flawed human being that was able to show understanding towards Mike. (I certainly would not want to be on that woman's bad side...I do wonder what Mike had done the two weeks he was on the ranch because he certainly rubbed his team the wrong way?). I must admit I did like the shots of Mike and his daughter making dinner together and shooting hoops. It is going to be one interesting finale this season.
    Well said.
    To delve a little deeper, Conda did mention that Mike had said something to tick her off right at day one. He apologized. Despite his apology, she brought it up again. My bet is she has went after this guy from day one (she obviously likes to run her mouth off, and also, apologies should mean something, but not to her) and the rest of the team jumped on board. The reasons are that it's easiest in a game like this to just go with the easiest vote out rather than stand up to someone like Conda who will make you the next target if you say boo to her. I'm not looking forward to what happens next with her.

Sorta like she is a bully.....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Regular

Several things to point out about this episode:
    1. Conda was definitely overreacting.
    2. Mike would of had a better chance of staying had he cut down on his addiction in the first 2 weeks or before the competition even started. Chewing tobacco is not only disgusting and deadly but it also inhibits weight loss due to all the sugar in it.
    3. The red team's gamble was stupid. They of bet 2% and folded if it was raised.
    4. I think that next week will be the week that there will be some amazing losses. Week ones were pitiful (compared to previous seasons) and Week twos were average.
    5. Chances are that unless she's the biggest loser on her team Gail will definitely be going the next time the Black team faces elimination. She has the worst work ethic and she's the only parent left on the team.
    6. This is a little off topic, but did anyone notice that Bob said "no one has ever stood up and quit the Biggest Loser" in the commercial. This probably means that what the show made look like Rulon quitting since he was at his goal was really him getting disqualified as rumors suggested.

To the Point

Good point about Rulon. I, however, didn't realize there were rumors out there regarding his possibly being disqualified

Is Conda the one they show in previews acting like a *#^% next week? I really do not like her. I haven't watched either episode completely, but there is something about her that really annoyed me. I wanted to smack her in the preview.

Rulon Gardner, season 11 of Biggest Loser did quit the show. I found a lot of articles explaining why and posted them in the season threads. Basically, he was breaking the rules of the ranch by calling his wife and even leaving the ranch several times to be with her. Also after losing quite a bit of weight on the show the Olympic Wrestling Team contacted him and indicated that they were interested in having him be on the team. He saw some golden opprotunities and left the show to pursue them. His being on the show also was an opportunity for him to revitalize his image, his gym business and his speaking engagements. It was all very calculated.

So does this mean that Bob and the producers are all suffering from some type of memory loss that they don't remember Rulon leaving/quitting the show? He was asked to attend the season 11 finale but he never responded.

Olympic champ Rulon Gardner: Reality TV is not reality - USATODAY.com

Olympic champion wrestler Rulon Gardner, who was a contestant on this season's "The Biggest Loser,," says he left the show early because he had accomplished what he wanted, because "there were a lot of issues here at home that needed to be addressed" and because "I wasn't there to play the games."

"My health was back, my weight was back I was three pounds heavier than when I won the Olympic gold medal," Gardner told USA TODAY in a phone interview Thursday, two days after the NBC reality show's finale aired. "Everything was back, and it was time for me to get back to my wife and my business."
    Last edited by Bearcata; 01-11-2012 at 05:59 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Well, Rulon Gardner does not appear to have made the US wrestling team for the 2012 summer Olympics in London: Wrestling | Athletes | Team USA

CCL

Those are the competitors for the 2008 team; the 2012 qualifiers are not till April. Rulon is listed as one of the athletes who will be at that competition.

I think with Rulon he was probably going to get disqualified and he agreed/chose to leave rather than force the situation. I don't think we've ever been given the full picture. And a lot of people have quit if you consider all those who've asked/begged/offered to be sent home at voting. They migh not have used the word quit, but in essence it is the same thing.
    Last edited by CCL; 01-11-2012 at 11:03 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Oops, my bad then! I agree with you, however, several of the people who wished to return home actually managed to lose the weight which is really the goal of the show, besides being the necessary goal of every morbidly obese person. True, they did not all necessarily achieve absolute thinness, but doctors advise overweight people to reach a weight that is realistic for them, rather than go all the way. In the case of Rulon, he almost reached the weight he had at the time of the Olympics (missed by 3 pounds I believe) which is healthy for an athlete. He probably weight the pros and cons, had also realized that he would probably not win TBL, and chose what was best for him, his career, and his family. In truth, there was nothing more for him to do at the ranch. The other day, I had a discussion with my insanely sports-nut brother about Antone Davis from Season 12, and he said that his weight loss was excessive. It's not a good idea for people to reach unrealistically low weight numbers, it's becoming dangerous. Helen, for example, won the contest, but in my opinion she looked terrible and was right to put on some weight. On the other hand, I cannot necessarily blame her. She and her daughter are not fantastically rich, and they had prodigiously large amounts of loose skin, so the $ 250,000 came in handy as they both had necessary plastic surgery they would normally not be able to afford. Which also means that they were probably able to take this expense off their taxes since it is for health reasons, rather than being an issue of vanity, like for example a face lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Oh, I wonder who quits next week?
    Hi...longtime reader, first time poster....

I have to watch the show the next morning because of either my work schedule or my son's activity schedule. That said, my DVR stopped recording as we were seeing the preview of someone zipping a suitcase on a bed for the next show. The tshirt on the person was black, so I will guess a black team person. Also, the words "Biggest Loser" on the tshirt were bright blue color. That indicates to me, it's a member of the bright blue team. Since Mike was the red team member (formerly of the bright blue team) that just was voted off, my guess is it's his brother (Joe?) quitting.

Only my guess.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast