+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What happened to Shay Sorrell from season 8

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: What happened to Shay Sorrell from season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Check this link: The Biggest Loser (U.S. TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Season 7, the one Helen won is, I think, is also the season of parents overly sacrifing.
    From that I think it might have been Maurice from season 1 I meant... if he was called Mo and was black...anyone remember? I'm not thinking of the fairly recent Coach Mo.

OK, checked the old posts from here and he was indeed nicknamed Mo....anyone know what happened to him? He was a 400 lber way back when that was unusual.
    Last edited by PWS; 01-13-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Coach Mo or was there another Mo you are referring to?
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

There was a Maurice Walker from Nashville, TN from Season 1 also called "Moe" and there is also Mozziz DeWalt better known as "Coach Mo" from Season 8 - Second Chances.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 01-13-2012 at 09:17 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks! Can't say he exactly looks svelte in that picture, but probably less than when he was on TBL. He's been working with inner city kids the last 7 years and is now running for council man at large (avoiding the obvious jokes here!), with a slogan about making Nashville "the biggest winner". Still sounds as nice as ever.
    And yes, not the same as Coach Mo.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I know I lot of posters criticized Helen for not sacrificing herself but the reason she was on the show was to lose weight for herself and she had to get her daughter to come on as it was a couples season. Helen was in a place in her life where she was ready and willing to make big changes to her lifestyle but her child was not. I don't think there is anything wrong with the child helping the parent.
    I completely agree with you on this. I thought having Helen stay instead of her daughter was the right decision for both of them, but the people over on the NBC Biggest Loser message board were completely over-the-top in their criticism of Helen.

I had a hard time with the parents sacrificing for their kids when all the children were in their 20's with the exception of Dan who was 19 at the time. Helen's daughter was 29 yrs old at the time (2009). She was old enough to know her own mind. There is a certain point the parent needs to let the child stand up on their own else what was the point. Besides after the show Helen paid for Shannon's breast implants, breast lift, tummy tuck, liposuction and arm lifts.

The parents sacrificing themselves in that season was another way for them to put their kids ahead of themselves, which mothers tend to do all the time. It's hard not too but in the long run the mother needs to take care of herself also.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

As a parent, I can see how difficult it would be not to take the fall for their child...but it makes me think that perhaps parents should not be in a competitive forum with their children. It's a no-win situation for the parent regardless of the choice they make.

Back to Shay - I'm not surprised she regained her weight & I would be surprised if she succeeds in losing what she needs to & maintains. She always had the air of "victim" around her & that article does nothing to change my mind. A couple of her points are just self-pitying nonsense. She was handed an incredible opportunity on a silver platter & she decided she wasn't ready for it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Whatever happened to Arthur from Season 11, if I'm not mistaken?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast