+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The Finale 12/13/11 ****Spoilers****

Re: The Finale 12/13/11 ****Spoilers****

Can you imagine Ramone if he got married and than divorced? He is so over the top happy now, if he was sad he would be suicidal and probably bring everyone in a 5 mile radius down with him.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    John was just on Today. He is still very overweight. I knew he had more to lose last night but not until seeing him out of context did it show so much.
    I'm surprised by this. He weighs 215 and is pretty tall...I can't imagine he has that much more to lose. I tried looking for the clip from the Today Show, but they only had pictures of before and after- no video. Those compression garments much be something else...I might need to invest in some!

I understand how they hide the flab at the finale, BUT why do the women look like they all received face/neck lifts. Come on you lose weight you are going to lose it in those areas. Just an observation.
    There's no place like home!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Transference happens with trainers just as with therapists. The ranch is an intense experience which only serves to heighten these feelings. Many felt this way about Jillian, as well. I like Bob and the clients attachment to him shows me he is doing a good job.

And yes on Carolyn! Worst host of any reality show. She was clearly not into the job.

John was just on Today. He is still very overweight. I knew he had more to lose last night but not until seeing him out of context did it show so much.
    I agree with you that some transverence is normal, and I'm basing my thoughts on this on what we've seen historically when contestants are switched to another trainer.
    Typically, contestants are upset over the change (as they have been with Jillian), but Bob's people take it to a whole other level... they fall apart. I forget which season it was, but a whole group of Bob's peeps went kind of ballistic over being switched... and it indicates to me that Bob has something here he needs to work on.
    Some dependance is normal, but extreme dependance does not properly prepare people for life without him. It is something about Bob, because Jillian did really well with following up with her contestants and maintaining relationships with them that weren't so... I don't know, weird!

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn View Post
    Watching it now and I have to say that Becky's transformation is an absolute inspiration for those of us that are over 50. She looks stunning!
    Absolutely, & I found the success of many of the "older" contestants inspiring & aspirational. In the end, nothing else matters. The goal is to find health & fitness.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FYI:

John is 6'4" tall and Antone is 6'5" tall.

This is the first season in a long time that I was very disappointed in who won. I feel like John is arrogant, ungrateful, and has a weird sense of entitlement to the title of The Biggest Loser. He wouldn't shut up, and I noticed several times that he wanted to keep the stage when Ali needed to get things moving. Even standing on the scale he started to say something more and she cut him off. Way to go Ali.

But what chapped my a$$ more than anything was John's complete disregard for Dolvett. He was looking at Bob like he was a holy savior instead of a trainer from Tennessee. I totally get how Bob bonds with people, it's part of what makes him successful... but he's not the only trainer that knows how to motivate people.

I seriously didn't expect to like whomever replaced Jillian. I wasn't a huge Jillian fan, but I'm not big on change! I couldn't stand either Brett or Cara, so I didn't have high hopes for any new trainer this season. Dolvett simply blew me away. I like his style, I like his honesty and his integrity, and I love the way he makes a person look deep into themselves to find the strength to change their lives. He might not give off the warm fuzzies like Bob does in the beginning, but he gets results, he earns respect, and you can tell he is a real human being. I am so glad he decided to stick around and it will only be he and Bob next season.
    LovesAmber likes this.

Glad to see Dolvett return next season. Bye Anna. It will be interesting with two male trainers.

I too thought it was rather strange that John did not also thank Dovett, but I did notice that Dolvett did mention that it was not important who got thanked but that the contestants all got results. Now that is classy and a tiny little dig at John if you want to look at it that way.

Did anyone else notice that Anna did not feature much in last night's finale? The camera didn't even show her much. She must have parted from the show on very bad terms.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Anna did not feature much in last night's finale? The camera didn't even show her much. She must have parted from the show on very bad terms.
    Don't know for sure but by last night's finale she knew she was not coming back. I don't think the show was a good fit for her and she was at least acted very classy during the finale.

+ Reply to Thread