+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Marathon

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I finally watched last night. So tired of Ramon...he can't win!!!!!!!!!!! I wish we'd get to vote in the third person. And I am with agreement that Ramon is into Jessica and she is not into him at all.

In one way I want Antone to win because I really think he is doing all this for the right reason...to change his life where I do think John will gain at least half back. But I want John to win b/c I want Dulvette back next season.

My husband must be spoiled as I do his laundry, my laundy, and my girls laundry (they have to put their own clothes away though) and I cook dinner every night (I get home at 4 so unless we want to eat a late late dinner I cook and I love to cook) except my late nights here at work or if I'm sick. I honestly wondered what the big deal was about mentioning John's wife doing it all for him. BUT he does need to learn balance as Dulvette said. I did what he is doing and I gained half my weight back. Now, I'm trying to balance it all. Not easy but it will benefit me in the long run.

The times for the first 5 finshers were good for a marathon. Really impressed. Like, bearcata, I wonder why no hats or sunglasses or the like. I wear hats when I run...helps keep sweat out of face. I'd like to see them run where I run...hills, hills, and more hills. BUT the scenery is much better than a flat desert.
    I don't know. I just don't think playing the game means you won't end up changing your life. I don't think it's necessarily 'one or the other'.
    All of those who leave the ranch have to make that switch from focusing 100% on weight loss to learning to find that balance in regular life with jobs and family. John seems to be delaying his switch-over... he's staying completely focused on the finale. Like everyone else, he will have to make that switchover at some point, he has just chosen a different time to do so. When you learn to balance doesn't mean you won't end up balancing well. It's just a point in time.
    Just my opinion on that one. We'll have to see.

The Biggest Loser would be crazy to not try to keep Dolvett. He's the best balanced trainer they've ever had, I think. And no cult. Yet. :p

Yeah, I don't get the cult of Bob.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was on the wiki page for Biggest Loser and they have some stats going for the top 3. Also that Ramon lost 29 lbs at home and is down to 239.

Name: John
    Height: 6' 04"
    Start BMI: 54.2
    Start Wt: 445
    Recent BMI: 32.5
    Recent Wt: 267
    Lbs Lost: 178
    % Lost: -40%

Name: Antone
    Height: 6' 05"
    Start BMI: 53.0
    Start Wt: 447
    Recent BMI: 34.7
    Recent Wt: 293
    Lbs Lost: 154
    % Lost: -34.5%

Name: Ramon
    Height: 5' 11"
    Start BMI: 49.5
    Start Wt: 355
    Recent BMI: 33.3
    Recent Wt: 239
    Lbs Lost: 116
    % Lost: -32.7%
    Last edited by Bearcata; 12-09-2011 at 09:05 AM.

I was checking out the ht wt chart for US Military and for,

John at 6'4" his goal wt can be anywhere from 212 -226

Antone at 6'5" his goal wt can be anywhere from 218 - 232

Ramon at 5'11" his goal wt can be anywhere from 185 - 197

To reach 50% body wt lost they need to lose:

John - 217.5lbs thats 49.5 more pounds to lose
    Antone - 223.5lbs thats 69.5 more pounds to lose
    Ramon - 177.5lbs thats 61.5 more pounds to lose

FORT Fogey

It is Bob's notion that John will not maintain his weight because he is too focused on winning. I don't know where he gets that, from past contestants, maybe? I don't think it is necessarily true but I do think a lot of them gain it back. He has been in the business all of his life so he must sense something.

They lose it too fast and have no guidance, that I have seen, how to translate the food and exercise they have at the ranch to a more healthy and doable routine. And I mean food too. They still do the low fat and encourage subway sandwiches! ACK. The latter is the most shocking to me. Subway rolls are nothing more than ya ya white bread in different shades of beige with specks.

I think there are many people who are very successful at losing the weight but cannot maintain it because they have not made the connection in their head that their bad habits got them where they are and they have to make permanent changes in their life habits to maintain all they have done. It's like watching a drug addict who is clean at rehab but reverts back to using because everything at home is the same as when they left. Bob is afraid that John will relapse. He must see something we don't.

I agree with you guys on every count. However, I get the impression that the people who usually win the show are those who show the most dedication and greatest focus. Of the three finalists, I think these are John and Antone. I believe that John is the one who is most focused, and he probably has the focus of the person who wins the battle of the bulge because the process is a novelty. These people usually gain the weight back which is most likely what Bob really saw. They are also a little too competitive, as I think John has shown toward Sunny and Antone. In the end they may win the battle but lose the war. My personal prediction is that John will win, but Antone will ultimately be the one who will keep the weight off, not least because he seems to have better support at home too.

Of course, I wish that all of them keep the weight off.

FORT Fogey

^^^ I agree, sheila. I get the feeling that Antoine will keep the weight off, too. His beautiful thin wife will be a good support. John's wife has a weight issue and that may work against him. It is easier for men to carrry a little more weight and not be judged for being a big guy, too. Women are more motivated by the size tag on clothes. There have been more success stories about women from this show.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Bob is Dolvett remaining client. Ramon was with Anna. I really like him, he commands his position as trainer, Anna did not. I loved the scene in the kitchen when they were "making" Thanksgiving dinner. His sense of humor and good relationship with Bob showed.
    You meant John, right?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I was checking out the ht wt chart for US Military and for,

John at 6'4" his goal wt can be anywhere from 212 -226

Antone at 6'5" his goal wt can be anywhere from 218 - 232

Ramon at 5'11" his goal wt can be anywhere from 185 - 197

To reach 50% body wt lost they need to lose:

John - 217.5lbs thats 49.5 more pounds to lose
    Antone - 223.5lbs thats 69.5 more pounds to lose
    Ramon - 177.5lbs thats 61.5 more pounds to lose
    Thanks for summing that up! So, as we can see, John has about a 20 lb. lead, but as we know that can quickly vanish.... John and Antone started at just about exactly the same weight, but John has lost more, and he's even a bit shorter. I do think Antone is bulking up, building muscle...while John still looks like he has a gut with a lot of fat in it and a double chin to lose. That could be to his advantage.
    Did we ever figure out how many months they had to go after the marathon weigh in?

+ Reply to Thread