+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Marathon

FORT Fanatic

Re: Marathon

Did I miss something (sorry if it's been mentioned), but is it a fact that Dolvette won't be back unless John wins? I hope that isn't true.

I was impressed with the top 4 finishers, they all did very good.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    In my opinion Ramón is not such a great catch anyway. Plus Jessica is not really pressured by the show to feign acceptance of the proposal, after all, they weren't that thrilled at the "match" anyway. It's not like "The Bachelor" where they have a contract to play happy and lovey-dovey for X amount of months before they officially call it quits.
    I don't think they'd force her to, but the social pressure of the situation, and not to hurt and embarrass him (I think she at least likes him, they train together, etc., even if she doesn't want to marry him), might lead to her saying yes, and then quietly backing out somewhat later once the frenzy is over.

maxld--we don't know if Dolvet (sp? I could look it up, but people here spell it so many different ways I no longer remember what is correct ) winning would mean he stays, we are just guessing. There's a lot of turnover in the guest trainers, and so far they have always been beaten by the experienced trainers, I think.

At 5'11" Ramon needs to get under 200 lbs preferably around any where from 170 to 190 depending on his frame and build.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    Did I miss something (sorry if it's been mentioned), but is it a fact that Dolvette won't be back unless John wins? I hope that isn't true.

I was impressed with the top 4 finishers, they all did very good.
    Dolvette will be back. He is well liked and the camera loves him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Does he even have a job besides playing video games all day long in his parents basement?
    Yes. He is a tattoo artist. As I said, not a great catch...

On a different note, I love Dolvett too and just bought his DVD. I'm curious to see what it's like. Some of the moves I saw on the preview seem to be the same as the ones my physical therapist has made me do for my torn meniscus.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Dolvette will be back. He is well liked and the camera loves him.
    I didn't think Ramon winning had anything with Dolvett coming back next year, thanks for confirming. I think Bob and Dolvett would make a good team. Notice how I didn't mention Anna.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

I think Anna has already said she won't return next season... I guess her choice, but I'm sure she probably wouldn't have been brought back. I liked her better than I thought I would, but her style doesn't really fit the show. I hope Dolvett comes back

On a side note... for those who have run half or full marathons, is there any books, or resources you used to train the best way?

FORT Fanatic

I read an interview where he was already filming the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    I think Anna has already said she won't return next season... I guess her choice, but I'm sure she probably wouldn't have been brought back. I liked her better than I thought I would, but her style doesn't really fit the show. I hope Dolvett comes back

On a side note... for those who have run half or full marathons, is there any books, or resources you used to train the best way?
    I like Anna too, but I prefer trainers with a harder edge, which I think Anna had. I've never been totally sold on Bob for that reason.

I used Runner's World online SmartCoach when I was training, & I'd probably use it again since a personal trainer/coach isn't in my budget. I would have preferred to join my local Running Room's training program, which I plan to look into as I'm sure would be more beneficial.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I didn't think Ramon winning had anything with Dolvett coming back next year, thanks for confirming. I think Bob and Dolvett would make a good team. Notice how I didn't mention Anna.
    Bob is Dolvett remaining client. Ramon was with Anna. I really like him, he commands his position as trainer, Anna did not. I loved the scene in the kitchen when they were "making" Thanksgiving dinner. His sense of humor and good relationship with Bob showed.

+ Reply to Thread