+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Show discussion 11/23/11 "Where are they now?" Spoilers if you haven't watched yet

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Show discussion 11/23/11 "Where are they now?" Spoilers if you haven't watched yet

Just post here until after 11pm on the West Coast.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Show discussion 11/23/11 "Where are they now?" Spoilers if you haven't watched y

Does anyone know more about what happened to Sam? He was working as a trainer at TBL ranch, so he must have had some health insurance I would hope, yet it sounds as if they are doing major fundraising for him....as if he needs major rehab, has major brain damage... I really liked him and his relationship, very sad.

I really don't like Olivia's dress...the one she had on at the finale of her year was fantastic, but nothing I"ve seen her in since looks good. Her sister looks much better. Also don't like Olivia's blonde streak...when she first came in I thought she'd acquired a bald spot. Wasn't there something about her wanting to have kids? I don't see any mention of her husband any more.

Re: Show discussion 11/23/11 "Where are they now?" Spoilers if you haven't watched y

I saw her husband in the audience- he's lost a lot of weight too- but no mention of starting a family either. Maybe she is 'too soon' off the ranch to think about gaining weight back, even if its for a baby.

I found it with a quick google search, but I haven't figured out how to post links with my phone sorry. Sam was at a party & went on the roof, then the door locked behind him. He used the fire escape to climb down & ended up falling 4 stories. He has serious internal & head injuries.

Very, very unfortunate. Stephanie is still by his side, & obviously he has some good friends. Hoping for a full recovery.

Other than that, it was good to see so many contestants doing so well. Triathlon -way to go, Tara! Her attitude towards challenging herself is aspirational.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fanatic

I noticed they didn't have anyone from the first four seasons on it. Did Dr. Jeff keep his weight off, for example?

Not having watched the show for several seasons, I didn't know who half of those people they featured last night were...Oh well. I guess I wasn't the target audience.

FORT Fogey

I loved the outakes of them filming the Thanksgiving dinner. If anyone still had a lingering thought that they actually cooked the dishes it is gone now! Very funnny. Dulvette didn't know the name of the dish he was standing over and Bob said broccoli surprise. Very cute. This and following Bob on his day were the only interesting parts, for me.

Catching up on the past winners was, eh. I tire of the do gooders spreading their knowledge to help others. That is an excellent thing to do but they labored it to the point of distraction. I would have liked to have seen past contestents who didn't win but had something nifty going on, like a marriage or new job or something.

I loved hearing that the woman who lost her family in a car crash is now engaged! So happy for her.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 11-26-2011 at 06:36 AM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I found it with a quick google search, but I haven't figured out how to post links with my phone sorry. Sam was at a party & went on the roof, then the door locked behind him. He used the fire escape to climb down & ended up falling 4 stories. He has serious internal & head injuries.

Very, very unfortunate. Stephanie is still by his side, & obviously he has some good friends. Hoping for a full recovery.

Other than that, it was good to see so many contestants doing so well. Triathlon -way to go, Tara! Her attitude towards challenging herself is aspirational.
    Thanks! "sam biggest loser accident" gets lots of posts on google. Apparently he's out of the ICU and in rehab now...among other things getting speech therapy (although they said it was the right side of his head that was injured...speech is usually on the left). He has tweeted fans...or someone did in his name.
    It sounds like he climbed down the fire escape and tried to swing into a 4th floor balcony??
    What a shame, such a nice guy and a nice couple.

What I wanted to see is prior contestants that didn't win come back...besides Tara. I'd like to know how Shea is and some of the others.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Hated Olivia's dress, looked like a wannabe 'ho.

I guess winning Biggest Loser does give you a lot of exposure and opportunity to make money at speaking engagements, health fairs etc... I wonder if that is part of the contract the contestants have with the franchise? But on the other hand it feels as if you have to give back to the show etc... does everyone really want to do that? and really how long does it last? Look at Shay, she was given a wonderful opportunity by Subway to continue to lose weight and get money for it and to run the New York Marathon with Jerard from Subway but she never did it. It looks as if she has dropped off the face of the world. She doesn't keep up with her website anymore. I don't think alll the contestants keep in touch with each other. Seriously, can they really afford to train so much, buy thousand plus dollar bikes for triathalons and pay for all those airplane tickets and hotel stays?

At the first Thanksgiving Special Ryan was roasted for gaining all his weight back and he promised to lose it again and we saw him at one finale and he had lost some, but what happened after that??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I have those same questions bearcata.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast