+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Show Discussion 11/22/11 ****Spoilers*****

CCL

Re: Show Discussion 11/22/11 ****Spoilers*****

It was jump on John night. He chose Sunny for the 1 lb to keep himself safe...and he was right to. He probably voted her off because he didn't want someone mad at him to stay at the ranch and vote him off in future. Regardless of his reasoning, he had the right to vote out who he wanted. The others are making the usual mistake of not thinking of it as, in the end, a game show - someone has got to win, and a lot of people have to lose and leave.

Ramon looks a million time better with the short hair and trimmed beard. Jessica is also looking great.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    The trainers are treating the contestants to Thanksgiving...their style. They all share what they are thankful for and share some of their stories. Bob shares about his family...he has a sister who he is very close to and who has struggled with her weight her whole life. He has tried to help her but she doesn't want it. She has to want it and when she does he is ready to help her.
    The show began with the contestants eating the wrong type of Thanksgiving food, so I decided to prepare and eat dinner instead of watching the beginning of the show. Did they show Bob's sister? Did he mention how overweight his sister is? I watched the second half of the show, but I muted most of it.

FORT Fogey

^^^^They did not show Bob's sister.

And I, too, want to know what Sunny did for John that "should" have made him feel guilty. Anyone know? I loved the game play in this episode. I don't like John but he played for himself which is the point.

I thought this was a pretty good episode. I did my usual of skipping all the workouts and I thought the challenge prizes made this far more interesting than most. I always love a food challenge.

I am glad to see Ramon go.

I think Becky will win this and be the stand out beauty. Well, until they make her over and dress her in some dated gown. I love the make over shows but always stunned at how they style them. Don't dress them up! Dress them in hip, cutting edge street wear or trendy cocktail dress.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Oh, I agree Shoepie! I also hope they give the women decent haircuts this year. (Not ones that make them look like the presidential wife... thinking Barbara and Nancy here)

I'm glad to see that most everyone thinks John did the right thing. I totally agree. I haven't really watched this show much this season because I can't stand the condescending attitude players get for playing the game year after year. That condescending attitude is barely tolerable from the fellow contestants... but from the trainers and the host? It drives me nuts! I couldn't believe the gave John dead silence as he walked up to the weigh scale. So rude.
    John for the win. Or Becky. The other two guys can go home anytime, I think.
    GabbyG and CrazyDutchWoman like this.

I agree with John and would have done the same thing. He isn't my favorite but he is working his butt off and doing it for him...not for anyone else. I do think voting for Sunny was a stupid move of his ONLY because of how he'll get treated. I had a feeling Ramon was gone. Him and Vinny really have no "alies" except each other. He has a bigger target on his back now and will have to stay above that yellow line to make it to the finale.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Here are the updated %'s in order by biggest loser so far:

John 445/305/-140/31.46%
    Sunny 277/202/-75/27.08%
    Antone 447/331/-116/25.95%
    Becky 238/177/-61/25.63%
    Ramon 355/268/-87/24.51%....eliminated
    Vinny 426/324/-102/23.94%

Vinny is back in the game now. This week's weight loss helped him a lot to gain some ground. He still behind but if he continues to have big weeks and the other men only have 5lb weeks then he will catch up.

John was smart giving Sunny the 1lb disadvantage and voting for her. She is the only one who could really catch him on the ranch.

Becky could pull off the win only if John isn't in the finale. She doesn't have enough left to loose to beat him.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Does anyone really think the trainers cooked all that Thanksgiving food? Really???

Also...we constantly hear from these overweight people that they gained their weight because they always took care of other people and never put themselves first, but when one of them finally does (John in this case) everyone wants to burn them at the stake. I know the goal is to lose the weight and some people want to beat 'the best' (biggest competition), but there is no denying that $250,000 will change someone's life. You really just can't ignore that amount of money, even if it is secondary to getting healthy. Aside from being out and out mean (Vicki/Heba), I would have to play the game too and try and win.
    Last edited by Maybaybie; 11-23-2011 at 08:39 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Here are the updated %'s in order by biggest loser so far:

John 445/305/-140/31.46%
    Sunny 277/202/-75/27.08%
    Antone 447/331/-116/25.95%
    Becky 238/177/-61/25.63%
    Ramon 355/268/-87/24.51%....eliminated
    Vinny 426/324/-102/23.94%

Vinny is back in the game now. This week's weight loss helped him a lot to gain some ground. He still behind but if he continues to have big weeks and the other men only have 5lb weeks then he will catch up.

John was smart giving Sunny the 1lb disadvantage and voting for her. She is the only one who could really catch him on the ranch.

Becky could pull off the win only if John isn't in the finale. She doesn't have enough left to loose to beat him.
    John is likely to stay in the game with some big losses in the next couple of weeks......unless............. he continues to work out too hard and his body reacts by holding on to water and weight. Bodies don't like to work that hard so constantly and he may be on the edge of freaking it out.

One thing I know for sure, if he goes beneath the yellow line he is out by majority vote.

Does anyone really think the trainers cooked all that Thanksgiving food? Really???
    Absolutely NOT! Bob eats a vegan raw diet for starters.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I also missed the part where Bob talked about his sister....the way you all describe it sounds really rude. Did she sign up to be on the show? NO! Is SHE getting paid big bucks to be on the show? NO! So where does Bob get off telling the world she is fat and doesn't want to lose, doesn't want his help. Boy, I wouldn't want his help either after that kind of "outing". I hope he at least said he loved her, not that she was an embarrassment to his career.

I had a problem with Bob discussing John with Antone, actually talking smack. John was on his team to begin with, didn't Bob teach him anything during that time? I am really not liking Bob much since last season. The first chance John will be voted off, he needs to work hard every week now.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast