+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Show Discussion 11/15/11 ****Spoilers****

FORT Fogey

Re: Show Discussion 11/15/11 ****Spoilers****

I muted most of what the contestants said. They have a tendency to repeat themselves. Also, on the most recent episode, they were talking out loud, to fill time. examples: "I have to win this race. I need the points." "I should get this one right. I know about carbohydrates." I just wanted to see who won the challenges, and who got the answers right on the written test.

For me, the reason I don't like Ramon and Vinny is because of their immaturity. I know they are young but they aren't that young to be acting they way they do. I don't mind they want to play the game but when others play it and it hurts them they are poor sports about it. One thing I hate is a bad sport or poor sport, winning or loosing. I understand they want to take down the black team but be mature about it and if someone wants to vote off your lover or friend...get over it! It's part of the game.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

The best parts of the show are when Alison explains the competition, then at least 2, sometimes 3 contestants are shown explaining the competition again, again, again...etc. Each time I yell at my tv, I know all ready.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    The best parts of the show are when Alison explains the competition, then at least 2, sometimes 3 contestants are shown explaining the competition again, again, again...etc. Each time I yell at my tv, I know all ready.
    Yes, that is ultra annoying, but the most annoying thing to me is the weigh in. "Bob, you lost 9 pounds, that brings your team total to 11 and a weight loss percentage of 1.85%. Maria, this week you lost 2 pounds, bringing your team total to 13 pounds..." Arghhhhhh! I can add for goodness sake!!

And how they cut to commercial and when they come back it repeats the last minute or two of what we were shown before commerical...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fanatic

I think the truth of the matter is that life on the ranch is really rather boring 95% of the time but NBC gives this show wayyyyyyyyy tooo muuuuuuch tiiimmmmmmmmeeeeee to fill. So, the producers and the editors have to fill all that time with, well, filler.

After the first few episodes they really should go down to a 60 min or 90 min show.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    After the first few episodes they really should go down to a 60 min or 90 min show.
    I think it is interesting that I watch it online and it is usually about 80-something minutes long. That means 40 minutes of commercials when you watch it "real time." But even that 80 minutes has A LOT of filler in it. I'm guessing that 40 minutes (with 20 minutes of commercials like Pan Am) would give sufficient time to get everything done without the need for filler.

But NBC is bombing in the overall ratings game so that feel like they have to fill two hours with something that is successful.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn View Post
    I think it is interesting that I watch it online and it is usually about 80-something minutes long. That means 40 minutes of commercials when you watch it "real time." But even that 80 minutes has A LOT of filler in it. I'm guessing that 40 minutes (with 20 minutes of commercials like Pan Am) would give sufficient time to get everything done without the need for filler.

But NBC is bombing in the overall ratings game so that feel like they have to fill two hours with something that is successful.
    Yeah, but 40 minutes of filler kills it for me and that is why I normally just watch the weight ins.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Yeah, but 40 minutes of filler kills it for me and that is why I normally just watch the weight ins.
    ITA....I wish they'd go reduce to 60minutes.

+ Reply to Thread