+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Show Discussion 10/11/11 ****Spoilers****

FORT Fogey

Re: Show Discussion 10/11/11 ****Spoilers****

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    There going to have to mix it up some way or soon Anna will not have anyone to train.
    I never care for the "I'm going to break you down until you tell me something that happened in your childhood that made you fat" storyline they have every episode ( with rotating characters). Life is more complicated than that.
    They will find out, some day, that childhood experience is not the culprit for obesity. It can play a part in dealing with the problem but the conditon is physiological. Genetics have a role in the complicated causes, as well.

I, too, am sick to death of blaming the past and all the tears that come with it. We all have a story to tell and some of us are skinny.

AND I don't like Anna. When the blue team goes she can exit as far as I am concerned. Love Dolvette, he is good!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    AND I don't like Anna. When the blue team goes she can exit as far as I am concerned.
    I like Anna but I think she is a bit out of her league working with non-elite athletes. Her team obviously loves her but I don't think she was in her element until she took them to the tennis court.

But, my favorite thing about Anna is that here she is, a professional athlete, and she is also very feminine. I think she is a good role model in that a woman can be an elite athlete without betraying her femininity (if that is part of her personality).

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn View Post
    I like Anna but I think she is a bit out of her league working with non-elite athletes. Her team obviously loves her but I don't think she was in her element until she took them to the tennis court.

But, my favorite thing about Anna is that here she is, a professional athlete, and she is also very feminine. I think she is a good role model in that a woman can be an elite athlete without betraying her femininity (if that is part of her personality).
    Well said!

FORT Regular

Anna's team is probably going to be gone soon considering the people on it. Bonnie will probably lose a very small number or gain next week which will single-handedly doom the Blue Team and she'll be automatically eliminated since there are only 2 people and she'll have the lowest weight-loss %.

As for the Black Team, it is pretty clear that 3 of them are going to make it to the finale. The preview, just like the last 2, is trying to make it look like the Black Team is going to lose when they're probably going to once again win by a large margin. I think that if the Blue and Red teams step it up, however, they could defeat the Black Team Week 6 if they are still in teams.

I also think that the show will probably drop Anna next season because frankly she's worse of a trainer than Cara from last season.

I like Anna better than Cara. I'd like for her to have another chance with people who aren't "old". The blue team was doomed from the beginning. And Anna got stuck with them. I'd like to see her train a team that is mixed in ages and physical capabilities. I honestly don't like this whole "Battle of the Ages".
    NFL1 and JulieAnn like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I agree that Dolvette and Bob are the best trainers of the current season. I'm not sure NBC is able to manipulate editing so much as to hide who will be in the finale seeing that the finale is always live. How far along are we in the season and how many episodes are there left? I guess these people are still going at it. As for childhood being a culprit for obesity, I think it's largely to blame for it on too many occasions to overlook, at least, I have still to meet a morbidly obese person and a binge eater with a happy childhood.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    I agree that Dolvette and Bob are the best trainers of the current season. I'm not sure NBC is able to manipulate editing so much as to hide who will be in the finale seeing that the finale is always live. How far along are we in the season and how many episodes are there left? I guess these people are still going at it. As for childhood being a culprit for obesity, I think it's largely to blame for it on too many occasions to overlook, at least, I have still to meet a morbidly obese person and a binge eater with a happy childhood.
    There are many thin people with unhappy childhoods, too. I think a treacherous past can aggravate the underlying cause of obesity. It plays a part but is not the place to look for the answer, imo. Hormones and genetics play the largest role.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    You know...I wondered that but thought I was seeing things.

Here is the latest numbers....

Name/Age/Height/Start Weight/Total LBS Lost/Percentage Lost Total
    Courtney 24 5'6" 270 33.00 12.22
    Patrick 26 6'2" 387 37.00 9.56
    Jessica 26 5'8" 254 35.00 13.78
    Vinny 27 6'0" 426 44.00 10.33
    Ramon 27 5'11" 355 44.00 12.39
    11.40661939 Red Team Total % Lost
    Jennifer 39 5'7" 330 48.00 14.55
    John 40 6'4" 445 79.00 17.75
    Sunny 41 5'8" 277 36.00 13.00
    Antone 44 6'5" 447 66.00 14.77
    Joe 46 5'10" 348 47.00 13.51
    14.94315106 Black Team Total % Lost
    Becky 51 5'6" 238 26.00 10.92
    Debbie 60 5'6" 239 6.00 2.51
    Mike 62 5'11" 309 41.00 13.27
    Bonnie 63 5'4" 254 21.00 8.27
    Johnny 65 6'0" 328 15.00 4.57
    7.967836257 Blue Team Total % Lost

I have this in excel but have no clue how to paste it correctly.
    You have to put the spread sheet into Paint and make it an image either a Jpeg or PNG or gif and then upload it to a photo share website and then provide the link from the photo share site.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

How come Brett and Cara didn't make a great impression with most? What did I miss? I thought they did great.

CCL

I liked Brett and Cara as well.
    I like Anna but I don't think she has any history with training people which is probably working against her. It's different than being the one trained.
    I still laugh at Dolvett's "It hurts to look good. I'm in pain every day" comment.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast