+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Show Discussion 9/27/11 ****Spoilers****

Re: Show Discussion 9/27/11 ****Spoilers****

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Bob made Antone cry again.
    I was rather hoping Bonnie would go; I find her annoying. And I think Johnny could have pulled a good number next week, whereas I don't think Bonnie will.
    I agree. They based their decision off of short short term instead of what will get them through the next couple of weeks. Not a smart move. Too early to think about individuals. Think about the team!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I have never seen such a whiney bunch of "older" people and I fit into that age group. Suck it up and get moving or you will be finished in 3 weeks. Unless God strikes down everyone else, Bonnie will be leaving next week.
    They are whinny. All but Becky. She is also a lot younger than the others on her team. She is more the in-between the middle aged and older age. I kept thinking she was younger than 51. When I saw her age I was shocked. She looks so much younger!!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fanatic

I got a chance to watch the show this afternoon. Of course, knowing the outcome, I could see the "Bye, bye Johnny" editing that he received. I'm glad to see that he is progressing well at home.

Personally, I like the visits with Dr. H. Maybe I enjoy them because they are a great springboard for personal reflection on my part regarding my own health. For instance, a recent blood test showed that my blood sugar was slightly elevated. My doctor wasn't worried but she said we should keep an eye on it. Well, shoot, after watching last week's show, I realized that I can do something about it now through diet and exercise instead of waiting to see if it progresses into full blown diabetes.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Bob made Antone cry again.
    I was rather hoping Bonnie would go; I find her annoying. And I think Johnny could have pulled a good number next week, whereas I don't think Bonnie will.
    He probably COULD pull a good number next week, but WOULD he? I don't feel like he was going to change his ways and really give it his all anytime soon. I think maybe getting kicked off gave him the "kick in the pants" to make him apply himself more; that's why he's done okay at home.

Jenny
    JulieAnn likes this.

FORT Fogey

I think the blue team made a mistake. Sure Johnny needed an attitude adjustment but he was their only hope for large numbers. The blue teams days are numbered. Bonnie is the next to go. In my experience, which is not vast, I think the some of the older group would benefit from a serious calorie reduction and milder exercise.

I agree Shoepie. I think the blue team needs to reduce their calories....they are older and the older you are the harder it is too loose weight. Weight loss is more about what you eat than your work out. So, Anna needs to figure out how to adjust their food intake in order for them to not be killed off. I would reduce their calorie intake or eliminate something they are eating.

I'm really liking Anna-more than I expected to. She seems very warm, but firm, and it seems she may be getting as much out of the experience as the contestants. I like the idea of the age division (soooooo sick of the couples!), but in theory it was bound to fail. Sure, there have been winners of all ages, but there was never a team of just older folks. The older ones who did make it far into the game had teammates that were younger, considerably larger, and had more weight to lose. Losing weight as you get older is a lot harder, not to mention their stamina (and their bodies) just aren't the same as the younger crowd. It certainly can be done, but I don't think all of them being on the same team was a good idea. Who knows? Maybe they will surprise me. I hope so, because I just love an underdog!

BTW- why is Bob not the Blue Team this year? He has been Blue since the beginning of time. Jill was Red to start with until she took one season off and (can't remember her name) took over the red. When Jill came back and became the 'secret' team, she was black and has been black since then. Did Bob think maybe her good juju would rub off on him? ;-)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I agree Shoepie. I think the blue team needs to reduce their calories....they are older and the older you are the harder it is too loose weight. Weight loss is more about what you eat than your work out. So, Anna needs to figure out how to adjust their food intake in order for them to not be killed off. I would reduce their calorie intake or eliminate something they are eating.
    In the past, the injured have pulled a good number on the scale by just using the pool. I am sure their calories were adjusted to meet the reduced exercise.

Diet is 70 to 80 percent of weight loss. One reason for the poor showing in week two is all about food. Back off on the exercise and shift the calories down and they would see more loss. No way should week two be so dramatically different. Anyone on a diet, doing reasonable exercise lose a good amount in week 2. I have never experienced a stick in the spokes on week two of a diet, never. And the most I have ever needed to lose is 20 pounds. That is a set up for a much slower loss than these obese contestants, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123