+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Antone - Season 12

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Antone - Season 12

Antone was born in Fort Valley, Georgia and grew up the youngest of eight children. He didn't start gaining weight until he was 15 years old, and at that point, he was 6'5" and weighed 305 pounds. He graduated high school weighing 349 pounds. But the weight was more of a blessing than a curse, as it led to a college scholarship to play football at the University of Tennessee, where he received a bachelor's degree in urban studies. After college, he played offensive tackle for the Philadelphia Eagles and the Atlanta Falcons from 1991 - 1997. Now 44 years old and 447 pounds, the married father of four suffers from high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Feeling like he was slowly dying and not doing anything to help himself, Antone auditioned for "The Biggest Loser" so he could finally lose the weight and live a long, healthy life with his family. He has seen friends and former players who have died due to health problems and knows he could meet the same fate if he doesn't make dramatic changes in his life. Once he loses the weight, Antone looks forward to being more active with his two daughters and two sons and taking them on rollercoaster rides.

Antone - Contestants - The Biggest Loser - NBC Site
    Wake up and be awesome

FORT Fanatic

Re: Antone - Season 12

I am so glad that Antone is getting his health in order. Linemen are "the big guys" on a team and I've been reading more and more about the health difficulties they encounter as a result of carrying around so much mass on them. I read just this morning that an ex-NFL lineman died and he was only 40...

Sad, isn't it?! And all for a football career. I love football but it's not good for them after they quit playing.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Sad, isn't it?! And all for a football career. I love football but it's not good for them after they quit playing.
    Yeah, if the weight doesn't get them all the head banging concussions do....a really high rate of early dementia....

+ Reply to Thread