+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Finale 5/24/11 Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: The Finale 5/24/11 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Who wants to bet that within a year Kaylee will be over 200lbs?
    Yes. Looks like she didn't use her time at home with much fervor.

FORT Fan

I was really disappointed with Courtney. I really was expecting her to lose a lot more, but I think the progress that she made before the ranch and at the ranch is great. I'm also glad that she was able to keep it off. That's a huge part of this battle.

I'm very happy that Ana, Don, Dan and Deni did so well especially since they did it mostly at home. I've said it time and again, if you want to change your life, you can do it at home. They all looked awesome! Congrats to Deni for an amazing win!

I knew as soon as I saw Hannah and Olivia that one of them would win, but I still love Irene and I think she looks terrific (wouldn't have chosen that dress, however).

ITA with most posters...I don't believe Anna's a good choice for a trainer! Wish Irene would've won!!!!! Loved that Dan and Don lost so much weight.

Quote Originally Posted by LeahK View Post
    I liked the sisters all season until the last few weeks where they got all weepy and positive self esteem talking- that got really old, and it could have just been an editing thing. I loved the clips of Hannah cracking jokes throughout the season. They were very likeable when they were joking around and being themselves. I am happy for Olivia but was rooting for Hannah or Irene- Olivia has her husband, the other two are on their own, it would have been nice to see one of them achieve this. I know they will all do great in the future.
    When we first saw the sisters come to the ranch -my daughter and I quickly discounted them by thinking they wouldn't last that long. Boy, am I glad I was wrong! I quickly became one of their fans. I think to believe you can do something like this - you have to be consistent with positive self-talk. Yes, they did seem to talk a little too much at times but the producers can only work with what is given to them in raw footage.

Irene has her mom, Anna. When they did makeover week, I wasn't that impressed with what Anna had done since she left the ranch. I believe when Irene got home - she got momma going! Those two look awesome. It was great watching the finale with my own daughter as we started our first day on Nutrisystem. The blueberry pancakes were actually pretty good!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

FORT Regular

Shocked about both of the winners tonight. I thought for sure between all the kids she had (and the skin that came from it) and drastically throwing the weigh-in before she left that there would be no way Deni would win the at-home prize. I also thought Irene would win the game for sure but apparently the sisters were willing to take the risk of being underweight.

Several Predictions for next season:

1. They will bring back Brett and Cara as trainers along with the new one since Jullian's role in the show was so big that they needed 3 people to replace her

2. They might bring back Arthur as he still has a ways to go.

3. They might have a "redemption island" twist just like survivor (with the duels either involving a challenge or weigh-in). Believe it or not, I actually thought of the idea before they announced it on Survivor and thought they would eventually use it on the Biggest Loser.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Final weigh in:

Hannah 248/128/-120/48.39%....is this the first season where no one reached 50% weight loss?Irene 255/139/-116/45.49%...bummer!!
    Olivia 261/132/-129/49.42%

We should have known the sisters would win b/c of all the camera time they got. I was just so hoping Irene would win!!

Olivia is the winner!!!!
    I don't think it is the first, but it's the first in a while, since they started going with the supersized contestants. Really at the end the only one who had a good chance to do that was Irene...she's short and if she got to 125 she'd still be a fine weight for her height. But....

Why aren't Cara and Brett returning to the BL?

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    No reasons given, just that they're being turfed by NBC. I found a couple things online, but I can't link as the link would not be in accordance with our Fort rules. Can't find an OK one yet, sorry.

- Anna Kournikova is apparently a certified personal trainer, so it's not like NBC just hired a pretty face attached to an athlete *coughCaracough* Kournikova is very active in lifestyle and fitness programs for children. Who knew?

- NBC invited Rulon to the finale - not to weigh in, just to "participate" - but he did not respond. Sore loser.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    I have a guess. Replacing Jillian is difficult and often there has to be a rebound relationship. Usually a replacement goes the way of Debra Norville, hated for no other reason than she was not Katie.

Bret and Cara were the exit relationship.

The also needed a famous person to replace her to create viewer interest.

CCL

I'd rather have Brett and Cara than Anna K. Boo.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread